Login

russian armor

reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

PAGES (11)down
26 Feb 2015, 10:40 AM

AT Gun, 120mm... etc

THIS.

As much as I agree that OKW definitely need adjustments and nerfs, Flak base rush can be countered and it's very rewarding. Although the range and the AA capabilities are kinda over performing, but the general idea is not as bad as some people say. It's penetration is also too much.
26 Feb 2015, 11:09 AM

You know if you pop smoke on it and then run in and double demo it will die straight away. Funnily enough if done right your opponent won't even get notice of enemies being in the vicinity and it can be lost before he can even move to protect it.

During setup it is simple to take care of.

On topic though: It has a Flak to make people make stupid amounts of threads and posts on the issue instead of finding ways to counter its use and deny OKW from some very formidable units :D

Your :welcome:
26 Feb 2015, 11:36 AM

develop a patch to stop the OKW faction from setting up there flak truck on a petrol point just like they cant on a victory point. problem solved. so players will have a fair fight for the fuel point
26 Feb 2015, 11:43 AM

You know if you pop smoke on it and then run in and double demo it will die straight away. Funnily enough if done right your opponent won't even get notice of enemies being in the vicinity and it can be lost before he can even move to protect it.

During setup it is simple to take care of.

On topic though: It has a Flak to make people make stupid amounts of threads and posts on the issue instead of finding ways to counter its use and deny OKW from some very formidable units :D

Your :welcome:

Actually, that's a nice point. I use smoke often to take care of bunkers, but completely forget about it when dealing with that thing.

Thanks for the insight! :)
Sadly, I rarely use soviet T2 or shocks in 4v4.
26 Feb 2015, 12:20 PM

IMO most people here complain because they didn't even try mortars, PaKs or Penals because everything soviet players atm do in terms of playstyle is 5-6 conscripts to IS2/T34.
I haven't seen a single T1/T2 unit in my last 10 games against the Russians.

If playing T1 you have penals and snipers which are very strong against OKW. In addition with a 120mm mortar which is also incredibly strong against OKW you can do a smoke barrage -> 2 demo charges with your penals and the OKW has lost the game.
26 Feb 2015, 12:53 PM

IMO most people here complain because they didn't even try mortars, PaKs or Penals because everything soviet players atm do in terms of playstyle is 5-6 conscripts to IS2/T34.

If playing T1 you have penals and snipers which are very strong against OKW. In addition with a 120mm mortar which is also incredibly strong against OKW you can do a smoke barrage -> 2 demo charges with your penals and the OKW has lost the game.

This. Both 80mm and 120mm mortars can destroy the base, and with some luck insta-wipe the Pios repairing it, while having no viable indirect fire to counter the mortar. The basis of OKW (and Ostheer nowadays) is to stall the game for Panthers/KTs. Some soviet players tend to forget the mid game, when OKW has the truck up, 4-5 schrecked volks a 1-2 Obers and they just invest resources for IS2. The OKW player can finish the game at this point.

It's a bit harder as USF, but Captain tier with both ATG and pack howie can and will conter OKW base rush.
26 Feb 2015, 13:05 PM

Have you ever posted something without mentioning indirect fire? I should go for doctrinal units to counter building? Really? #ThatDesign!

You assume that ZiS will always hit. With attack ground you have to add scatter which will slow it down very hard.

You make it sound like the doctrines with 120mm are bad or horrible or somecrap like that, lolz.

Also, those *buildings* are the heart of OKW. Counter them, and congratz, you won.
26 Feb 2015, 13:27 PM

You make it sound like the doctrines with 120mm are bad or horrible or somecrap like that, lolz.

Also, those *buildings* are the heart of OKW. Counter them, and congratz, you won.

Stop trolling. I already prove to you how Flak can counter Sherman.

Does Lt, Cpt or Major force you to chose doctrine to counter them?

There is only 1 good doctrine with 120 and call ins.

Chosing doctrine to counter building is bad design.

No, you its not a win.

You missed the point at the beggining. Truck were desgin to protect area where OKW get 200% from sectors with trucks. They changed it but trucks (designed for something else) are still here.

And Im sorry but you are obvious Axis' Warrior.
26 Feb 2015, 14:31 PM

Stop trolling. I already prove to you how Flak can counter Sherman.

Does Lt, Cpt or Major force you to chose doctrine to counter them?

There is only 1 good doctrine with 120 and call ins.

Chosing doctrine to counter building is bad design.

No, you its not a win.

You missed the point at the beggining. Truck were desgin to protect area where OKW get 200% from sectors with trucks. They changed it but trucks (designed for something else) are still here.

And Im sorry but you are obvious Axis' Warrior.

Im not trolling..if your getting owned..sorry its your problemo jijijij

Its easy as building 120mm, ZiS or the mighty B4! Stop crying bro, if you dont know to click the icon of the 120mm and click the map, then uninstall plxplx
26 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM

Can 2 satchels destroy it? I don't have experience with satchell-ing it but I recall using 2 against the Med Truck and it didn't fully die, needed some AT Gun shots to finish it off.
26 Feb 2015, 14:37 PM

Its easy as building 120mm, ZiS or the mighty B4! Stop crying bro, if you dont know to click the icon of the 120mm and click the map, then uninstall plxplx

Sure, it can be killed. That's not the point. I think the point is WHY DOES THIS EVEN EXIST? In a game about cut-offs, and area denial, WHY does a BUILDING require you to commit 90% of your forces into killing it?
26 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 14:35 PMKhan

Can 2 satchels destroy it? I don't have experience with satchell-ing it but I recall using 2 against the Med Truck and it didn't fully die, needed some AT Gun shots to finish it off.

3 satchels for okw base buildings.

when wfa first came out, i had a brilliant tactical maneuver of smoking the flak hq with smoke, charging one penal from front, two penals in m3 swinging from behind. it was going beautifully until my m3s got rekt in seconds by okw base flak emplacements...

okw is a motherload of bad designs.
26 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 14:37 PMKhan

Sure, it can be killed. That's not the point. I think the point is WHY DOES THIS EVEN EXIST? In a game about cut-offs, and area denial, WHY does a BUILDING require you to commit 90% of your forces into killing it?

I have no clue, im just defending the fact that it can be easily killed, not its existance
26 Feb 2015, 15:01 PM

reasoning for giving out free infantry units with USF tech?

what problem does USF have that they need to be there?

if the faction's basis is to just spam rifles until you win/need extra AT, shouldn't teching for AT be the hard part of the faction? instead of just getting a free double Bazooka squad when you tech up.

Why is the captain permanently dosed up on speed at vet 3? why does he snipe infantry models and wreck light and medium tanks with ease?

would removing him hinder USF completely?

do you believe he is too powerful?
26 Feb 2015, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 15:01 PMRollo

if the faction's basis is to just spam rifles until you win/need extra AT, shouldn't teching for AT be the hard part of the faction? instead of just getting a free double Bazooka squad when you tech up.

Why is the captain permanently dosed up on speed at vet 3? why does he snipe infantry models and wreck light and medium tanks with ease?

because the base buildings are already made, so you need something to unlock them

the bazooka does half the damage of the shreck, and can barely kill anything except for a engine destroyed luchs, after 5-6 vollies... or 3 shot a kubelwagon

Why does EVERY SINGLE UNIT in OKW have 5 levels of vet? why does volks get 50% reduced accuracy when vet 5? why does volks with shrecks only have to hit 3 thinks with their rockets to get vet 5?

no, not really, he's an ineffective AI and only effect AT against light tanks

no not really

26 Feb 2015, 15:26 PM

Getting owned? I think you are saying about yourself, aye?
I said that Flak and deal with Sherman or T34. Posted screens where Flak kills Sherman. Need a screens of dead T34 or with 5-15% HP?
No answer. Who is owned?

120mm? It takes 2:50min constant barrage to kill it.
At gun? 1:20 with ground attack
B4? Really? It will take it with two hits or with 4? 5? 6? Still plenty of time to repair between shots and while B4 should help agasint blob Im force to use it against building which will be full health after each shot.

Now, who will let me to barrage it for 2mins? No one. Put behind shot blockers = useless AT Gun.

I have no clue, im just defending the fact that it can be easily killed, not its existance

And how can you say anything about it if you have only 4 games as Allies and none in 1v1? :lol:
You should be banned from making statements in such threads from allied player perspective since you have no idea what are you talking about. How many times you were fighting against Flak in 1v1? Yup, not even a once! :lol:
#Owned
26 Feb 2015, 15:30 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 15:01 PMRollo

two wrongs dont cancel each other.

captain op lol.
26 Feb 2015, 15:46 PM

Yeah Krono, only 4 games as allies *ever*. Come back when you've actually destroyed lots of OKW flak buildings as easily as you say. Don't forget to supply replays to show us all how to do it.

I think that it may be better if the building has to upgrade to the flak weapon for some muni so there's a choice, or just to make the flak weapon weaker.
26 Feb 2015, 16:05 PM

It could be fine if the flak gun would be purchased as an upgrade to drain a bit of MP and delay the building of a mid-game total secure area.
26 Feb 2015, 16:05 PM

lol, Public enemy achieved B-)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment