Login

russian armor

reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

PAGES (11)down
25 Feb 2015, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 18:55 PMspajn
If the game is so bad why don't you just quit :snfQuinn:

Homeworld is still downloading :wave:
25 Feb 2015, 19:30 PM

In 4v4 it's not a challange at all.
But in 1v1/2v2...

Its just as bad in 4v4, because it comes out so early, always has AT around it, and defeats air units that the allies often need in the late game to stay potent.

Again, it is free! If a unit is going to do this much it must have a cost. Otherwise every faction needs a tank when they go for their second tier. The cost for OKW is reduced already for tech from standard factions, and they don't need a builder unit to construct it! How much more can one faction get.

May be the OKW should be allowed to upgrade to nuke when they have all their buildings, for balance reasons of course.
25 Feb 2015, 19:49 PM

Because then "searching for players" will change from 96%/4% to 100%/0%
25 Feb 2015, 19:53 PM

There's a quiet satisfaction of beating a blatantly OP'd side...

Homeworld is still downloading :wave:

And this. Definitely will reduce my CoH2 time, if not replace entirely.
25 Feb 2015, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 19:53 PMGhostTX

There's a quiet satisfaction of beating a blatantly OP'd side...

And this. Definitely will reduce my CoH2 time, if not replace entirely.

yet you only played the allies so far. in a 4v4 scenario.

youre missing a good chunk of the game bro.
25 Feb 2015, 20:12 PM

yet you only played the allies so far. in a 4v4 scenario.

youre missing a good chunk of the game bro.

No, I've USF in all modes. I mopped some Prestige 2 in a 1v1; but as said, I like team games more. To get/have a good team mate(s) and have a synergy during game play. Greatness.

And why add to the growing pool of Axis players?

Further, I'm a red-blooded USA fan boy. :hyper:
25 Feb 2015, 20:32 PM
Donator 22

Nerf OKW AA truck health so allies can take it down.

Placing that truck too frontally should be risky and punishable

I'm not sure but I guess it has the lowest health, compared to the other trucks
25 Feb 2015, 22:14 PM

1 AT gun can kill it, as can a SU85. It really isn't the biggest issue with OKW at the moment.

I mean, it's were all of OKW's most valuable units are built from, why should it be defenseless?
25 Feb 2015, 22:17 PM

It wouldn't have to defend itself at all if it was built in the base sector like all the other factions' buildings.
25 Feb 2015, 22:19 PM

1 AT gun can kill it, as can a SU85. It really isn't the biggest issue with OKW at the moment.

I mean, it's were all of OKW's most valuable units are built from, why should it be defenseless?

Give it a freaking turreted HMG then, not a vehicle/infantry raping auto-cannon. It shouldn't be able to fend off nearly every Allied unit in the game. IMO, at the speed it comes out, should fend off infantry and do mild damage to medium vehicles. Ergo HMG (with AP selection?) Tanks should be able to take it relatively unscathed.
25 Feb 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 22:17 PMboc120
It wouldn't have to defend itself at all if it was built in the base sector like all the other factions' buildings.

This would defeat the entire point of basing OKW around trucks.

Give it a freaking turreted HMG then, not a vehicle/infantry raping auto-cannon. It shouldn't be able to fend off nearly every Allied unit in the game. IMO, at the speed it comes out, should fend off infantry and do mild damage to medium vehicles. Ergo HMG (with AP selection?) Tanks should be able to take it relatively unscathed.

It already does just mild damage to mediums, it preforms very well against infantry and light vehicles. And a tank can kill it by itself, use a TD like the SU85 or Jackson.
25 Feb 2015, 23:16 PM

Cool story. "1 Jagdpanzer IV can destroy whole allied base"

Time to get back to reality.

If you've invested 320 MP in that AT gun then you don't have much AI power around to protect it.
And if you have invested in teching to SU-85 and building it, you will have same problem - schrekblob won't let it get even close to your precious building where "OKW's most valuable units are built from".
And here's even more - if Flak HQ is built near fuel then by the time you tech to your first SU-85 to clear it out, there would be a panther to prevent it.

I agreed that isn't biggest issue, but it is an issue and... come on, stop talking bs already.
25 Feb 2015, 23:24 PM

1 PTRS can also kill Elephnat but that's not the point.

You wont get enough time to shoot with AT gun. 3-5 shots maybe, then your enemy will go back to defend his truck.
25 Feb 2015, 23:28 PM

This would defeat the entire point of basing OKW around trucks.

It already does just mild damage to mediums, it preforms very well against infantry and light vehicles. And a tank can kill it by itself, use a TD like the SU85 or Jackson.

Uh, it can kill a Jackson or Sherman. I'm saying it shouldn't be able to hurt a tank at all and a tank should dispatch it in 4-5 shots. OKW should HAVE to protect it from tanks. Right now, they don't: "Oh, my Flak truck is under attack? I'll get to it in a minute."
25 Feb 2015, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 23:28 PMGhostTX

Uh, it can kill a Jackson or Sherman. I'm saying it shouldn't be able to hurt a tank at all and a tank should dispatch it in 4-5 shots. OKW should HAVE to protect it from tanks. Right now, they don't: "Oh, my Flak truck is under attack? I'll get to it in a minute."

Well, actually it can't kill them (especially Jackson), because they will just outrange it using attack ground. But it will take helluva lot of time because of scatter and you can't use attack ground if there any ground elevation (like on middle fuel on Steppes map).
25 Feb 2015, 23:45 PM
Patrion 28

it will kill shermans and 34/76s. anything that out ranges it out ranges it but it can be placed such that there are blockers to prevent the range from being useful. if an su-85 or, god forbid, jackson, get's in range it's very dead. scatter, as mentioned, also means it takes 2 or 3 times as long to kill it with attack ground. part of what makes elite rifle flares so good. the only "safe" way to kill the thing is to use artillery but the smaller mortars/pack howitzer don't have the range to safely do it (because of defending infantry) and it takes a long time anyway.

the flakHQ would probably be fine if it came out later and OKW didn't have such strong everything else. as it stands they have no problem with map control past the very early game due to enourmous blobs for capping/fighting and the trucks allowing them to lock down a large section of the map (even worse with choke points factored in) plus decreasing retreat/repair times.
25 Feb 2015, 23:54 PM

Let's not forget how stupidly quickly Sturms can repair aswell, so you might be hitting it with one At gun, but one sturm squad will almost keep up with the damage it's doing. Giving the OKW player plenty of time to come over and annihilate the AT gun.
26 Feb 2015, 00:00 AM

Cool story. "1 Jagdpanzer IV can destroy whole allied base"

Time to get back to reality.

If you've invested 320 MP in that AT gun then you don't have much AI power around to protect it.
And if you have invested in teching to SU-85 and building it, you will have same problem - schrekblob won't let it get even close to your precious building where "OKW's most valuable units are built from".
And here's even more - if Flak HQ is built near fuel then by the time you tech to your first SU-85 to clear it out, there would be a panther to prevent it.

I agreed that isn't biggest issue, but it is an issue and... come on, stop talking bs already.

Well, if you know how to sight his shreks won't ever get to your SU85 nor will his infantry ever get to your AT guns. Both options are things that are useful outside of just killing Schwer, which you can also easily do with indirect fire. 120mm mortar, Howitzers, ect.

And if he tries to repair it while your shelling it, he will lose all his Sturms very fast.

The Schwer isn't a problem with OKW, which is funny because the faction has so many other things that make very little sense.

At this point people are just bitching because the minute WFA came out people hopped on the hate wagon and haven't got off since, except after so many threads were down to discussing the very few things in OKW that aren't bullshit.

1 PTRS can also kill Elephnat but that's not the point.

You wont get enough time to shoot with AT gun. 3-5 shots maybe, then your enemy will go back to defend his truck.

The ZiS does 160 damage, which isn't that small compared to the trucks health. 3-5 shots will mess it up, so if you are hitting with things other than an AT gun then it will die fairly quickly.

The point is that people like to bitch about something that dies to indirect fire easy, and if you try and repair it while it's under indirect fire said repairing unit will die, easily.

Yes OKW is going to rush there with all of their highly mobile AT, which consists of 2 units. Unless you think a Puma is a threat to your Jackson or sherman lol.
26 Feb 2015, 10:00 AM

Well, if you know how to sight his shreks won't ever get to your SU85 nor will his infantry ever get to your AT guns. Both options are things that are useful outside of just killing Schwer, which you can also easily do with indirect fire. 120mm mortar, Howitzers, ect.

And if he tries to repair it while your shelling it, he will lose all his Sturms very fast.

The Schwer isn't a problem with OKW, which is funny because the faction has so many other things that make very little sense.

At this point people are just bitching because the minute WFA came out people hopped on the hate wagon and haven't got off since, except after so many threads were down to discussing the very few things in OKW that aren't bullshit.

The ZiS does 160 damage, which isn't that small compared to the trucks health. 3-5 shots will mess it up, so if you are hitting with things other than an AT gun then it will die fairly quickly.

The point is that people like to bitch about something that dies to indirect fire easy, and if you try and repair it while it's under indirect fire said repairing unit will die, easily.

Yes OKW is going to rush there with all of their highly mobile AT, which consists of 2 units. Unless you think a Puma is a threat to your Jackson or sherman lol.

Have you ever posted something without mentioning indirect fire? I should go for doctrinal units to counter building? Really? #ThatDesign!

You assume that ZiS will always hit. With attack ground you have to add scatter which will slow it down very hard.
26 Feb 2015, 10:32 AM

OKW makes the Brits look balanced.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Russian Federation 79
unknown 51
United States 18
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #