Login

russian armor

reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

PAGES (11)down
4 Mar 2015, 21:19 PM

It's not OP and will be easily destroyed by any surprise attacks (like 1 sherman + off map arty will destroy it in ~20 sec) or as russians constant barrages of mortars.

Any player who has a decent understanding of the game will always come up with easy ways of destroying it. It's not even smart (Unless you're against a big time noob obviously) to put it too far out on the field if you're unable to defend it against any type of long range/ heavy armor.
4 Mar 2015, 21:23 PM

my mistake I never clarified my position on this matter before posting. Cant i be countered? Yes... even without commanders It can... But as many others have said before me its the very notion of omnidirectional anti-everything, durable defensive structure from what is at its core a unit production building. Its simply too much in its current state.
I can live with it being armed but it being armed to point of mass area denial on some maps coupled with making your fuel unharassable simply by teching up is on the extreme side. At the very least it should do 0 dmg to medium tanks!

Okay....
4 Mar 2015, 21:23 PM

4 man squad with 13,4dps at max range is shit? It's almost like Grens with LMG.
Paras squad, 6 man at max range has 9,5...

Well, it's okay to inflict less damage, they are 6.
4 Mar 2015, 21:28 PM
Donator 11

It shouldn't require doctrine based abilities or units to COUNTER STOCK ONES!

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Needing a doctrine just to counter something stock is horrible game design and places way to much emphasis on doctrine! I get so tired of reading people arguing doctrine based units/abilities to counter stock units as balance. Its ok to make a recommendation to help counter something, but try to use that as a point of balance?

NO!

You choose a commander to counter not only enemy commander but also his playstyle and even his faction or map you play on. For exaple when you encounter usf as ostheer in 1v1 it may be wise to go CAS to counter early riflespam. Rifles are nondoc, you choose a doctrine to counter basic infantry of a faction. And it's quite common, there are many more examples of it.
4 Mar 2015, 21:45 PM

I still can't get over the fact people don't understand that with out it you can't make Panthers or Obers, which is what 99% of the people who bitch about OKW cry about.

It's an important building which is why it has defenses. If you adjust the fuel cost for the OKW fuel penalty it's 104 fuel, which is only 16 less than the soviet t3-t4 buildings.

Yet its units have infinitely more viable and value to them.
4 Mar 2015, 21:48 PM

You choose a commander to counter not only enemy commander but also his playstyle and even his faction or map you play on. For exaple when you encounter usf as ostheer in 1v1 it may be wise to go CAS to counter early riflespam. Rifles are nondoc, you choose a doctrine to counter basic infantry of a faction. And it's quite common, there are many more examples of it.

ok, i will go for airborne every time i see okw t4.

HOW RETARDED IS THAT

It should be stock army fights stock army equally well, commanders provide specific, non essential bonuses
4 Mar 2015, 21:55 PM

Sure Paras do damage without a weapon upgrade but not enough to justify calling them in the first or selecting Airborne in the first place.

Obers worse than sturms? Sturms arent bullet proof, dont have lethal grenades, are only close range while obers cant repair/lay mines and do other engineering things

"And my source is logic. Soviet commanders give you call in tanks and call in infantry for a reason. Do you think it's totally a coincidence?"

ummmmmmmm

All factions have several commanders that give access to call in tanks/infantry I fail the point your trying to make

Far, far more soviet commanders give you call in infantry and tanks together than other faction commanders.

And without the LMG34 Ober's are worse due to the eh DPS on their Kar98's.

And I would select airborne because it's the best American commander, independent of para's being quite good.
4 Mar 2015, 21:57 PM

HOW RETARDED IS THAT

It should be stock army fights stock army equally well, commanders provide specific, non essential bonuses

It has never worked like that and you know it. Commanders are supposed to be part of your core strategy, not just glorified bulletins.

Commander choice is extremely important because that was the entire goal of implementing the system.
4 Mar 2015, 22:00 PM

Yet its units have infinitely more viable and value to them.

And the units cost more, and the building isn't hard to kill, and you have to place it aggressively to stay in the game.

And the Panther isn't infinitely more viable than the Katyusha, nor is the Sturmtiger infinitely more viable than the t34/76.
4 Mar 2015, 22:11 PM
Donator 11

HOW RETARDED IS THAT

Not every time, there are different ways to deal with it in different commanders, you just need at least one of them in the leadout, but you can change your leadouts between games.
5 Mar 2015, 00:18 AM

I belive Guards and Grens can't use LMGs while moving.

I mean ober or para got a luck pickup that gun (ober have 1 slot left if not pickup sherck form dying volk or Pgren and para in recon combat drop )
5 Mar 2015, 07:18 AM

I mean ober or para got a luck pickup that gun (ober have 1 slot left if not pickup sherck form dying volk or Pgren and para in recon combat drop )

And Im still waiting for answer (someday, I hope) why Grens and Guard can't shoot of the move while Paras and Trolers can. Second issue is, why Paras have 0,25dps while Trolers 0,75? Shooting with LMG on the move complelty negates smoke from close qombat units
5 Mar 2015, 09:47 AM

And Im still waiting for answer (someday, I hope) why Grens and Guard can't shoot of the move while Paras and Trolers can. Second issue is, why Paras have 0,25dps while Trolers 0,75? Shooting with LMG on the move complelty negates smoke from close qombat units

relic set para and ober unique unit type for requirement

squad pick lmg function
normal soldier pickup lmg >>> lmg normal weapon profile
para pickup lmg >>> lmg moving weapon profile
ober pickup lmg >>> lmg no prone weapon profile

and why m1919a6 0.25 dps while moving fire ask relic not me I dont know
5 Mar 2015, 10:29 AM

I don't have problems with Flack truck in general however I think its gun should be an upgrade. It's not OK to get such a powerful unit for the price of teaching.
5 Mar 2015, 11:13 AM

I don't have problems with Flack truck in general however I think its gun should be an upgrade. It's not OK to get such a powerful unit for the price of teaching.

The thing ist he WFA factions have cooler features in terms of teching, vet abilities & commanders.
The USF get a free and useful units when they unlock a tech. OKW gets heal, repair & powerful defensive gun. The Vet abilites or abilites on WFA unit seems also to be better than those oft he vanilla factions.

Trip Flares, Medic Kit etc. are bad compared to AT Rifle Grenades, Blendkörper Grenades etc. Also if you check the commanders, the WFA don’t have copy paste abilities like a lot of the vanilla commanders. Every commander can be actually used succesfully, since every commander has unique abilites.

Rather than nerfing the new factions I’d like to see new features for the old factions, especially forward reatreat points. On large maps that gives you a huge advantage + it invalidates HMG suppression since you can simply retreat your units nearby and start another attempt to take a HMG out, while the vanilla factions have to retreat all the way back to their base and lose the map because of hat.

One thing I could think of:
A lot of people complain about cons being crap, why don't you get special upgrades enhancements for them with every tier that unlocks?

Inb4 Relic doesn't care and never will change anything.
6 Mar 2015, 07:51 AM

I'm just going to keep saying this: The problem with this unit is that it destroys the point of CoH2 (especially in 1v1) which is being aware of map control and constantly taking territory. With how early it comes out it is literally impossible to harass your opponent at all, leaving you fighting on your side the entire time while he just rakes in the resources.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS