Login

russian armor

Damn this balance

PAGES (15)down
25 Feb 2015, 12:09 PM

Well, I recently started playing random 3v3 and 4v4 with both sides, and from my impression (no matter which side I was playing) : if we lost, it was due to the fact that the enemy team was playing and/or cooperating better than our team (or was a premade team).

Perhaps it's easier to play "better" with some factions?

As for the search rates, surely they reflect balance to some extent, who seriously would like taking it to the ass every other game?
25 Feb 2015, 12:47 PM

Why every day starts someone a thread about that is OP oh and ofc that is even more OP, or even IMBALANCED :*( Why people need all those dsicussions can somebody tell me please? i can´t get the point of it, for me it just sounds like little childs having lost their lolly.

3v3 and 4v4 is just scrubmode to have some fun and trolling around, so who cares about crap? Just start playing 1v1 or 2v2 i mean where is the point complaning about 4v4 random a mode filled with braindead Zombies? There is nothing, it´s not the game, just dumb people.
25 Feb 2015, 12:54 PM
Donator 11

Axis are better thats why people 90% play axis
25 Feb 2015, 12:57 PM
Patrion 310

Why every day starts someone a thread about that is OP oh and ofc that is even more OP, or even IMBALANCED :*( Why people need all those dsicussions can somebody tell me please? i can´t get the point of it, for me it just sounds like little childs having lost their lolly.

3v3 and 4v4 is just scrubmode to have some fun and trolling around, so who cares about crap? Just start playing 1v1 or 2v2 i mean where is the point complaning about 4v4 random a mode filled with braindead Zombies? There is nothing, it´s not the game, just dumb people.

Maybe because people want to play more than just 1/4 of the game like you do?
25 Feb 2015, 13:05 PM

Maybe because people want to play more than just 1/4 of the game like you do?

Ofc they want, i don´t say something against that people want to play 4v4, but there is nothing to do game wise because it depends on people, relic can never change that dumb people play the game is like in every other game mode with the smal differens that in 3v3 and 4v4 are the most brainless people around. Because like Metro in Battlefield dumb people like clusterfucks so u will find the dumbest in this modes.
25 Feb 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 09:20 AMJohnnyB
Why does this game limit itself to 4v4? Why don't we see a 7v7? A 15v15 maybe?

This would require Relic to actually do some work on the games Engine which is most likely never going to happen. Though I will say it would be nice to see.
25 Feb 2015, 13:17 PM

This would require Relic to actually do some work on the games Engine which is most likely never going to happen. Though I will say it would be nice to see.

Sarcasm was "on".

If you like big scale confrontations you will have to wait for that "war effort" stuff. Tough this would be something else than a simple and direct game, which it means that it will be cool.
25 Feb 2015, 13:30 PM

i don´t say something against that people want to play 4v4, ... in 3v3 and 4v4 are the most brainless people around ... u will find the dumbest in this modes.

Some people have friends and want play as a team. But I am only brainless and dumbest man. >:(
25 Feb 2015, 13:32 PM

The 3vs3 and 4vs4 game format are balanced enough to have fun, but playing the allied factions in those formats are just harder to play because they need more coordination.

If you want to play alone in those formats and winning is important for you, you'd better play the Axis.

But if you got a team or if fun is more important than winning then go for it. But keep thinking fun in your mind...

Long live to COH2, the king of all team RTS !
25 Feb 2015, 13:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 12:00 PMKatitof

It wasn't in coh1, where allies were stronger early game with on pair late game.
Explain?

Really? When i searched for games in coh1 (I played from release and 2-3 years afterwards) it always was 3 axis searching , 1 or 0 allies and it took forever to find a game.
25 Feb 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:36 PMspajn

Really? When i searched for games in coh1 (I played from release and 2-3 years afterwards) it always was 3 axis searching , 1 or 0 allies and it took forever to find a game.

now it's just koreans playing it, automatching as british!

no kidding, check it out! haha
25 Feb 2015, 14:05 PM

Axis are better thats why people 90% play axis

Aaaaand another one not understanding basic math... if anything, what you mean is % of players searching. That's a big difference, and as some people have already shown, % of people preferring axis is likely <55%.
25 Feb 2015, 14:05 PM

Matchmaking is the biggest problem in 3vs3 & 4vs4 games. Due the higher player base axis players have the same ranks, while they get matched against bad players. I always have celo running when playing team games. I guess from now on I will take Screenshots of the Celo screen and posts my findings here. If you check fixed team games, you will find out that they are very balanced, except for some strategies on both sides.

I think it would be actually really good if Relic releases the brits as a new faction without adding a new axis yet.

3 allies factions would people make play Allies more often.
In addition I think if they would add a faction that is somehow connected to Rommel, the axis playerbase would explode, because of all that Rommel fanboys on this planet.
25 Feb 2015, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:36 PMspajn

Depends on the time of day. There are a lot of times (weekend evenings in Europe, afternoon in the US) when it can be 12/3 allies/axis.

But I don't think late game allies was on par with axis. If the game was in the balance long enough for a few wehr players to get vet3 inf or armor, possibly AND, then allies were really on the back foot unless they knew what they were doing, and even then they were at a disadvantage.

A lot depended on skills. Noob axis players could be effective teammates by simply spamming some units at vet3 and by building the repair bunkers and OPs. If the game lasts long enough they could a-move a swarm of vet3 armor as well as any pro. Allies have counters to that, but not at low or middling levels of skill.
25 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

I think it would be actually really good if Relic releases the brits as a new faction without adding a new axis yet.

3 allies factions would people make play Allies more often.
In addition I think if they would add a faction that is somehow connected to Rommel, the axis playerbase would explode, because of all that Rommel fanboys on this planet.

You know, there is something to that! Let's look at it:

- Another axis faction: Why? Is there some sort of "fairness" that needs to be fulfilled by adding an axis faction each time an allied faction is added? Which would it be? Who wants to play the Italians or the Romanians?

- Axis is already quite popular but allies not so much.

- Adding only one faction on one side means you only have to balance it against two existing opposing factions. Adding one on each side means balancing each of the new factions against THREE factions on each opposing side. That is balancing 2 vs. 6 combinations (and that is only 1v1)and I bet the difficulty gets exponentially harder with each added possible permutation.

And it could actually happen because Relic could sell it. ($$)
25 Feb 2015, 14:42 PM

No need to defend this bs, we all know COH2 players prefer Axis and will always pick Axis. As someone mentioned above, the WWII franchise will always have German fan boys because they have "cool" and powerful army.

At the same time, Allies require more coordination and micro to play the game. The beginner will have the hardest time using USF/Sov than blobing VGs with shreks. I stopped playing randoms Allies bc of WFA, before it was more fun and somewhat balanced.

If anyone wants to play Allies than he/she should just play with a arranged team. simple. guarantees win most times. fun to wreck Axis n00bs and talk shit.
25 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM

This is the funny thing. People like you seem to think there is some moral superiority to the way you go about playing the game, and that a profit-driven corporation (e.g Relic / Sega) ought to base how they allocate capital and make decisions around your prounouncements.

Well here's the reality: a profit-driven corporation will look to service the expectations of the source of their revenue. Bearing in mind 1v1 automatch player numbers pale in comparison to campaign / comp stomp / automatch team game numbers, it just shows your self-indulgence in believing that there's some special validity to your demands.

There's definitely value to the perspective and experience of many of the top 1v1 players, who have a very good understanding of the dilemmas faced by the game designers / balancers, but for a minor share of revenue contribution to be claiming moral ownership over game direction just stinks of spoilt brats and schoolyard bullies.

What do you really contribute over the masses of comp stomp and team game players? Do you make a high salary from playing the game, and contribute taxes? Or do you just self title yourself as 'pro,' and think suddenly you have special platform?
25 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM
25 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM

Aaaaand another one not understanding basic math... if anything, what you mean is % of players searching. That's a big difference, and as some people have already shown, % of people playing axis is likely <55%.

Aaaaand another one not understanding basic math...
Allied players play against axis players . So allied/axis will always be 50/50. :facepalm:

25 Feb 2015, 15:10 PM

relic can never change that dumb people play the game is like in every other game mode with the smal differens that in 3v3 and 4v4 are the most brainless people around. Because like Metro in Battlefield dumb people like clusterfucks so u will find the dumbest in this modes.

Can someone translate this to english?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight