Login

russian armor

Damn this balance

PAGES (15)down
25 Feb 2015, 23:48 PM

Wow you make it sound almost like allies have a chance in 4v4.

You are correct 1 kubel won't stop 9 squads of inf, expect that even if all 4 players do that you are still at minute 3, and you completely ignore the fact that there are 3 other German players.

The hard hitting allied inf are less impressive in large games, actually, because their window of use is shorter, and the Germans can actually tech to better units quickly.

Also you can't lock down most of the map by minute 8 even if you can the OKW players have bases up you are going to pound your head against. And they lose nothing by having 1 person go stuka to nullify your support weapons.

Con spam and Rifle spam is just about all the allies have and its really not good.

Seriously though you make it sound like allies have the advantage in large games, and they are completely out matched from the word go.

No they are not, I agree it's stupid that one faction has an advantage are certain points in the game and the other doesn't, and yes I think it's stupid that allies have a stupid easy way to win in the first 8 minutes and that it's equally stupid that after that it's a race against time.

Team games amplify the strengths of each side, for one, the early game, the other, the late game.

4v4's aren't balanced by any margin, but they simply suffer from the same thing every game mode does only amplified.

How about 1 kubel, 1 sturmpio, 3 volks backed by 2 MG-42 and 3 grens?

I don't know what you're expecting by telling such fairy tales to rank 3 4v4 OKW player with +36 win streak.

Yeah, those things are going to do a lot of good against 8 rifle squads and 10 con squads, oh wait they aren't because the design of this game makes zero sense. Allies have the early game advantage, thing is, you need to be aggressive to take advantage of that strength and most players don't.
25 Feb 2015, 23:57 PM

Your average matchmaking in team games:

I'm sure this is the reason for 90 % of the balance threads here. If there are even match ups, suddenly all balance bullpudding is gone.
25 Feb 2015, 23:57 PM

Allied early-game advantage isn't very pronunced because the window gets shorter and shorter in team games. In 2v2, most of the time, Allies won't gain a significant portion of the map before LMG42 Grenadiers, which are better than or at the worst, equal to any Allied basic infantry unit, or simply Volksblobs will stall Allies long enough. HMG suppression goes a long way in delaying more and more. The window is tiny, and it's easy to stop people from being too aggressive early in the game.

And after the first 3 minutes, Allies have zero advantage except on some maps where Urban Defense works. I can speak for myself and say that I do far better with Axis as there's no rush against time, and rarely do I ever get beaten early in the game because the enemy had some advantage. Most of the time, if that happens, the other player is simply better and I got outplayed.
26 Feb 2015, 00:59 AM

Permanently Banned

yes I think it's stupid that allies have a stupid easy way to win in the first 8 minutes

26 Feb 2015, 01:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Your average matchmaking in team games:

I'm sure this is the reason for 90 % of the balance threads here. If there are even match ups, suddenly all balance bullpudding is gone.

You must think ur "top tier" player abusing OPKW against nubs :snfBarton:
26 Feb 2015, 01:16 AM

Allies have the early game advantage, you can logic this out pretty easy by looking at starting units.
26 Feb 2015, 01:23 AM

Allies have the early game advantage, you can logic this out pretty easy by looking at starting units.

Yes, like Sturmpios, the strongest starting infantry in the game by a long way and Kubels, the most mobile and possibly the earliest MG in the game...

I see your logic...
26 Feb 2015, 01:30 AM

If an army won every game within 5 minutes because of "early game advantage" than we wouldn't have COH2 or a game. The developers made this game so the other army can respond to these "powerful" units.

Your Axis logic is out of control m8.
26 Feb 2015, 01:31 AM

Yes, like Sturmpios, the strongest starting infantry in the game by a long way and Kubels, the most mobile and possibly the earliest MG in the game...

I see your logic...

Yes the kubel, which has a tighter cone than the maxim. And sturms which cost an arm a leg. Rifles and Cons both beat out volks pretty handily, same goes for Grens.

Play aggressive, get in buildings, and you can shut Axis down totally in the first few minutes. And since your then denying them map control, the game is basically over unless you really fuck up.
26 Feb 2015, 01:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, those things are going to do a lot of good against 8 rifle squads and 10 con squads, oh wait they aren't because the design of this game makes zero sense. Allies have the early game advantage, thing is, you need to be aggressive to take advantage of that strength and most players don't.

Lol, hyperbole too much?

For the scenario he describes, it's just 4Rifles + RE + 5 Cons + CE, unless you also want to double up the axis army. Anyway, you generally don't want 2 or more USF players on 4v4.

The real scenario is:

(SP + Kubel + Volks + Truck push + Pio + 1.5Gren + MG)
vs
(RE + 2.33 Rifles + CE + 2.5 Cons)

A little mistake getting supressed, and you are down a squad during the early game. If we take into account the size of the map, you are gonna have problems.
26 Feb 2015, 01:47 AM

If an army won every game within 5 minutes because of "early game advantage" than we wouldn't have COH2 or a game. The developers made this game so the other army can respond to these "powerful" units.

Your Axis logic is out of control m8.

I agree, the way the game is designed is awful and the fact one side has a distinct advantage during a certain time is silly. Axis and Allies should be on equal footing during all game periods, with both sides being able to win reasonably at any time.
26 Feb 2015, 01:49 AM

Lol, hyperbole too much?

For the scenario he describes, it's just 4Rifles + RE + 5 Cons + CE, unless you also want to double up the axis army. Anyway, you generally don't want 2 or more USF players on 4v4.

The real scenario is:

(SP + Kubel + Volks + Truck push + Pio + 1.5Gren + MG)
vs
(RE + 2.33 Rifles + CE + 2.5 Cons)

A little mistake getting supressed, and you are down a squad during the early game. If we take into account the size of the map, you are gonna have problems.

Truck pushing is suicide against good players in game mods higher that 2v2. I'm not saying 4v4 is fine, it's sure as hell not. But the issues in it are just the same ones in every game mode but amplified due to the increased amount of players on the field.
26 Feb 2015, 02:00 AM

Your problem is that you're just another typical US shitter that jumped on board when WFA released that can't even use his own faction properly. If you weren't you would see that balance is a hell of a lot better now than it was in the past.

Allies are anything but UP in teamgames, I'm yet to see a counter for quad rifle company cheese that can completely engulf the map and end the game in under 10 minutes in 4vs4.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 06:42 AMGhostTX
I love team games and not much a 1v1 player. I'm to the point of just sticking with CoH1 and playing Homeworld when it's released (not a Relic hater), but CoH2, buh-bye. Relic balance team, y'all have a lot of work to do; otherwise, it won't be too long before that searching says "Axis 100%, Allies 0%"

I suggest you either git gud or buy homeworld and leave. No one wants to read your blog on the balancing forums.
26 Feb 2015, 02:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 02:00 AMRollo
Your problem is that you're just another typical US shitter that jumped on board when WFA released that can't even use his own faction properly. If you weren't you would see that balance is a hell of a lot better now than it was in the past.

Allies are anything but UP in teamgames, I'm yet to see a counter for quad rifle company cheese that can completely engulf the map and end the game in under 10 minutes in 4vs4.

I suggest you either git gud or buy homeworld and leave. No one wants to read your blog on the balancing forums.

Pretty much, USF really isn't that hard to learn. It's shear early game power can allow you to cheese the fuck outa early game and just overwhelm anything and everything.

Honestly the fact people keep denying Allies early game power just shows that they don't understand how to be aggressive early game.
26 Feb 2015, 03:10 AM

Aggression with allies is very easily punished, with the result that all your hard earned gains vanish and the territory you held now has a flaktruck on top of it which you can't kill without significant time and effort.
26 Feb 2015, 03:15 AM
Patrion 14

again, a thread devolved into two factions of people circle jerking each others who agree. except one has a point and the other, talking out of a fat sweaty ass.
26 Feb 2015, 03:26 AM

Aggression with allies is very easily punished, with the result that all your hard earned gains vanish and the territory you held now has a flaktruck on top of it which you can't kill without significant time and effort.

How? You can back up your Rifles with RE's who cover the map in FP's. Back up your cons with maxims. Aggression with allies is rewarded extremely, one of the reasons you see so many volks blobs is you need numerical superiority to win against allies who have better basic infantry.

again, a thread devolved into two factions of people circle jerking each others who agree. except one has a point and the other, talking out of a fat sweaty ass.

Well, you just began the shit flinging fest that always happens because people can't back up there arguments and just resort to flame posting.
26 Feb 2015, 03:37 AM

I see your logic...

The strength on those units is very map dependant and while the sp is useful on maps like Stalingrad most of the time its shit . similarly the kubel functions well on open maps.

The strength of the allies early game for the us is the very cost effective and powerful rifleman fllowed by the cheap tech and m20 and the S?U can rely on the potent tier 1 for snipers and m3's

Both a provide a very powerful early game . much more powerful then the okw.
26 Feb 2015, 03:52 AM
Patrion 14

Well, you just began the shit flinging fest that always happens because people can't back up there arguments and just resort to flame posting.

well, almost nobody is here to have a debate. most here never gets convinced. most are here to shove their opinion/view down others' throat like it is a fact while using hyperbole and just pure nit picking to bolster their claims.

i sound very arrogant and will sound like a hypocrite in the next sentences.

axis's been OP in 3v3+ since launch. that is like... got it from the freakin burning bush itself, engraved in stone fact. sometimes stupidly op, sometimes just moderately. doesn't matter if it is early game, mid game or late game. axis is never on the back foot unless they let it happen.

i would explain more, but what is the point.
26 Feb 2015, 04:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 03:52 AMpigsoup

axis is never on the back foot unless they let it happen .

THIS!

When axis have problems, they were outplayed at one point or another

While a shrek/ober blob supported by heavy armor can, on some maps and situations, be unbeatable.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 93
New Zealand 58
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %