Login

russian armor

Damn this balance

PAGES (15)down
6 Mar 2015, 14:36 PM

And this is my point why t34 is amazing tank.

Agreed, the 76 model comes when you need it and dual 85s are better than IS2.
6 Mar 2015, 15:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nope, via vis Cruzz they don't add to your damage, only your pen chance.

Unless i'm missing something else and how it applies.

modifiers: [
| | | | | | weapon_penetration_modifier: {
| | | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\weapon_penetration_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_weapon";
| | | | | | | exclusive: false;
| | | | | | | modifier_id: "";
| | | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001834;
| | | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001847;
| | | | | | | target_type_name: "hardpoint_01";
| | | | | | | usage_type: "multiplication";
| | | | | | | value: 1.3f;
| | | | | | };
| | | | | | damage_weapon_modifier: {
| | | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\damage_weapon_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_weapon";
| | | | | | | exclusive: false;
| | | | | | | modifier_id: "";
| | | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001763;
| | | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001764;
| | | | | | | target_type_name: "hardpoint_01";
| | | | | | | usage_type: "multiplication";
| | | | | | | value: 1.3f;
6 Mar 2015, 15:47 PM

Guys, I actually think I have a good solution for the whole 85/76 debate. Basically, 85 comes in place of 76 after you purchase an upgrade that costs 50% of T3, and has the exact same stats as it does now. Playtesting has shown it to be pretty balanced; some even said that it came in too late and that they would rather stick to doctrines.

And my solution to 76 was an Armored Reserves ability that calls in a pair of them for 800 MP, unlocked after you have all tech levels, which cost a total of 400 Fuel. Since T1 or T2 + T3 cost 170 fuel, and another 200 for T-34/76, this means your first pair comes in 30 fuel more expensive, but any subsequent pairs you get are for MP only. The difference is that you have access to your entire faction, you get the tanks quite a bit later than you would get your first T-34/76, and it comes late enough that Panthers and other stuff like that are there to make MP-only T-34/76 balanced.

I actually put all these in a minimod, a link to which you'll find in my signature.

I felt the need to reiterate myself on this topic. Come on guys, I did this already, why not test it to see how it goes?

The problem in my opinion with T-34/76 was not that it was inherently a bad unit; it just had the misfortune of having a fuel cost that is really better off rationed to far better vehicles, but it needed that fuel cost in order to be balanced at the point in which it arrives in the game. This way, it comes in late, but now it can be truly the sidekick throwaway tank and be balanced doing so: Pak43, Schrecks, Panther and King Tiger more than make up for Soviets getting an MP - only tank!

This also means that you can finally outnumber German equalivent tanks; disregarding fuel this ability means you can actually get T-34/76 in large numbers and not be disappointed and wonder how it would have been if you had just bought a call-in instead. T-34/76 can't do much that a T-70 can't after all.
6 Mar 2015, 16:29 PM

A simple answer: because they can build more of that shittier stuff and because of that they are standing a chance.

M-42 AT guns, irregulars and AI partisans would like to have a word with you about that.
6 Mar 2015, 17:54 PM

T34/76 is bad choice?
No one would call in T34/76 if T34/85 would be doctrinal?

Gosh... You are talking such bullshit like yesterday's 3 Paras Thompsons vs Obers which I proved you are wrong.

T34/76 is amazing tank.
It's worse than PzIV or Sherman, yes. But it's damn spamable. I ve killed counteless Tiger, Panther and King Tigers with T34/76.
They work perfect with for example Urban Defense commander or any other than force paks to move back or just take them out of combat (incendiary strike or propaganda). With those you completly negate AT Gun and someties even infantry. This leaves 3-4 T34/76 vs King Tiger, Panther or Tiger.
Yes, you will lose many of them while fighting KT or Tiger but they are not like IS2 or ISU which are very valuable for you and you can't lose them. You can lose them and you will replace them without any problems.

Of course there are maps where they might be useless like Trois-Points. Small, narrow, witouth any place to flank but of those maps Shermans and Jacksons are useless as well.

Commander with 7/8CP T34/76 call in? Take my money Relic!

Worse call in tanks don't actually come in at the right times. Due to the rushing meta 8 CP's is really fuckin late for a T34/76 to be coming in. The fact that the OKW Ostwind is 8 CP's is why you never see it, because Jacksons will have already hit the field and make your Ostwinds useless.

Haven't you learned yet, Alexanzenzez doesn't actually know the stats or functionality of any units/abilities.. he just talks trash and hopes the person he is talking to doesn't know anything. Unfortunately this isn't the offical coh boards, he should probably go back there though, he would do better.

I have access to the coh2 stats website, but it doesn't list abilities there so I can't exactly look up HEAT shells. The last time I talked about HEAT shells with Cruzz he said they only increased pen chance and not damage.

Honestly it's not really much of a sticking point, the commander is still garbage. Yeah the thing I need is higher chance to pen with my Panther, which already has the highest pen of any Tank Hunter in the game.

Thats weird.
I was playing AT 4v4 recently as allies. I faced AT teams, clans. And you know what? My T34 did way more damage than IS2 of my teannates. Tigers, Panthers.. No threat for t34. Its all about keeping them alive and supporting with zis and cons.
In fact I have no call ins in my load out and still melt Axis in team games.

Because let's be clear. In 1v1 you should have IS2 or T34/85 or ISU but in team games T34 shines.

IIRC The reason your T34's do more damage is because they are on the field longer, the IS2 doesn't actually do more damage than the T34/76. They both do 160 damage to tanks.

They have about the same reload, (as in with in .3 of each other), so if they came on the field at the exact same time the IS2 would do more damage because it has a higher chance to pen enemy tanks.

Although your point is correct, properly micored mediums in team games will normally always go farther than a heavy tank due to the fact that mediums can move around the map faster and cost less to make. So you have 2 T34/76's shooting at 160 damage rather than just 1 IS2 shooting at 160 damage.

M-42 AT guns, irregulars and AI partisans would like to have a word with you about that.

All those examples are the number 1 reason people will never use commanders that just give you worse units.

If you make the t34/76 replace the 85, people are just not going to take a commander so they can have sub par call ins. People will just get IS2's and ISU's to back up their medium tanks.
7 Mar 2015, 00:26 AM
Patrion 28

Come on guys, I did this already, why not test it to see how it goes?

i'm going to assume this means you have a mod ready to go and want to play several hundred games with different people.
10 Mar 2015, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

I have not played COH2 in weeks. Been out with my gf mostly.

Been tired of current META and mindless OKW a-move faction.

I am waiting for a balance patch.
12 Mar 2015, 02:02 AM
Patrion 28

[quote=pussyking]I have not played COH2 in weeks. Been out with my gf mostly.

Been tired of current META and mindless OKW a-move faction.

I am waiting for a balance patch.
lol
12 Mar 2015, 03:01 AM

I'm getting more and more convinced that in 4v4 *IF YOU FOLLOW THE META* the balance is fine - the people are fucked.
12 Mar 2015, 03:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Nah, 4v4 still favours Axis late game and Allies early game, and late game comes earlier because of the extra resources and the games go longer - so Axis window of opportunity is a lot wider.

I think though if 1v1 gets tweaked 4v4 should mostly be fine
12 Mar 2015, 03:57 AM

I'm getting more and more convinced that in 4v4 *IF YOU FOLLOW THE META* the balance is fine - the people are fucked.

That's the problem, the meta is as stale as a 4 month old saltine cracker!
12 Mar 2015, 15:32 PM

i'm going to assume this means you have a mod ready to go and want to play several hundred games with different people.

The mod is ready but still accepting changes to make sure Soviets don't get a buff where they don't need it, and you can totally play several hundred games with it if you want. Start with one.
12 Mar 2015, 22:31 PM
Donator 11

13 Mar 2015, 12:32 PM
Patrion 28

Lol what?

the two bolded parts. it didn't come out very well though, i think because of the BBcode inside BBcode.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS