Login

russian armor

Nerf Greyhound Canister Shot

24 Feb 2015, 16:41 PM

I go for Recon support just for the Grayhound.
I love collecting OKW tears.

The canister shot is the only thing that makes it worthwhile.

I won't deny you,

But you should try the reco run that give a huge advantage just before a massive push. You know where his ATguns are, blob is etc...
IR Pathfinder has a unique ability: to call Arty barrage in the fog of war. So you sneak behind his line and you don't even need to have vision to burst him. Of course you need to know where is your target but the previous reco run is here for that. Perfect counter to medic truck.
24 Feb 2015, 16:43 PM

You can cloak your IR's close to his HQ and just force a retreat, drop it a second or two before his units get to the HQ and you will kill his entire army.
24 Feb 2015, 16:50 PM

You can cloak your IR's close to his HQ and just force a retreat, drop it a second or two before his units get to the HQ and you will kill his entire army.

Sounds almost like a stuka onto a US general retreat point
24 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 16:06 PMKatitof

Hey, it allowed me to stay for 40 mins against Jesulin in 1v1 :megusta:
But yea, greyhound window of opportunity is extremely thin, it arrives around the same time you can pump Puma(100% hardcounter) out and about the same time as 222, which costs half as much and tears it a new one(because light armored car with 20mm gun apparently is more powerful then pretty darn well armored car with 37mm gun).

You lost though...and at the end of the day, at least in 1v1, did you win or lose? I tried this against Miragefla while he was Ost and drug the game out 30 mins by just spamming greyhound canister and AT guns. I still lost. Im sure that game wasnt fun for Mir..it wasnt fun for me either.

and to this day I havent used that commander again. Playing normally without cheese will yield more effective results 90% of the time

I hope it doesnt seem like im defending how lame it is..i mean it does need to be fixed,its an unfun mechanic similar to alot of OKW things that i will leave at that.

..but coming and making another tear thread about *insert unit here* because its cheesyness lost you a game 2-3 out of 10 times gets old after a while...its not like you're on a 10 game losing streak because of greyhounds... try your best to counter it and deal with it until its balanced,or just take a break...
24 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 16:50 PMpugzii

Sounds almost like a stuka onto a US general retreat point

Except IR artillery doesn't go WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH, and you can move the ambulance/major. There is far, far less warning for IR artillery versus the time it comes in.
24 Feb 2015, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 16:41 PMEsxile

I won't deny you,

But you should try the reco run that give a huge advantage just before a massive push. You know where his ATguns are, blob is etc...
IR Pathfinder has a unique ability: to call Arty barrage in the fog of war. So you sneak behind his line and you don't even need to have vision to burst him. Of course you need to know where is your target but the previous reco run is here for that. Perfect counter to medic truck.

Hey, I've killed 2 Elefants and 3 Panthers in a game on Rzhev with the I&R's ability (patch destroyed the ability to watch the replay tho and I named my replays with numbers >_>). I just love how any hit from the barrage destroys the engine. The barrage is a better tank killer than the P47.
What bothers me is that Fallschirmjägers can be stealthed while moving and pathfinders can't.
24 Feb 2015, 17:15 PM

You lost though...and at the end of the day, at least in 1v1, did you win or lose? I tried this against Miragefla while he was Ost and drug the game out 30 mins by just spamming greyhound canister and AT guns. I still lost. Im sure that game wasnt fun for Mir..it wasnt fun for me either.

Hey, it was Jesulin, alright?
I got him in early game(he was using OKW), but I'm just a mere human so I started making mistakes, he did not :) was one of my better games until the stupid came in and ruined it for me.

I still like the unit and the doctrine thou, was first and only WFA commander I bought only for it to drop for me shortly after. Love the M20+M8 combo but I'm way too aggressive and eventually overextend. Overally, I believe I won more games then I lost, but definitely not thanks to greyhound alone, it helped, but it wasn't deciding factor, rather just a force multiplier for M20.
24 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM

well, the stuart was a canister shot beast too. It was even stronger i remember.

I think we may be looking at it with rose tinted glasses as well since fausts didn't do critical damage. Also I think it had better acceleration and the pathing algorithms in CoH2 don't exactly seem to be doing vehicles any favours-- that last point isn't based on any data-- Reverse button is handy though!
24 Feb 2015, 17:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 17:15 PMKatitof

Hey, it was Jesulin, alright?
I got him in early game(he was using OKW), but I'm just a mere human so I started making mistakes, he did not :) was one of my better games until the stupid came in and ruined it for me.

I still like the unit and the doctrine thou, was first and only WFA commander I bought only for it to drop for me shortly after. Love the M20+M8 combo but I'm way too aggressive and eventually overextend. Overally, I believe I won more games then I lost, but definitely not thanks to greyhound alone, it helped, but it wasn't deciding factor, rather just a force multiplier for M20.

Can imagine M20 M8 being really good against ost..but then again anything is good against ost.

Puma would shut the build down immediately unless there were m20 mines everywhe- oh wait. this commander munches on muni like a fat kid on cake
24 Feb 2015, 17:26 PM

Except IR artillery doesn't go WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH, and you can move the ambulance/major. There is far, far less warning for IR artillery versus the time it comes in.

But by your logic you would be doing it on retreat so the WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH would be irreverent since the units would be on retreat arriving at the general... seriously check your own words mate lmol
24 Feb 2015, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 17:26 PMpugzii

But by your logic you would be doing it on retreat so the WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH would be irreverent since the units would be on retreat arriving at the general... seriously check your own words mate lmol

But you can cancel the retreat point and move your major/ambulance, plus the WOOSH lets you know it's coming with out actually needing to look at your retreat point, there's no woosh for IR artillery, only sadness and destruction :megusta:
24 Feb 2015, 17:37 PM

You know what will wipe vetted Obers? Literally any tank in the game, sorry dude but you whine about Obers in every single thread and it's getting a tad stale. It's a 4 man squad, a Scott can wipe it instantly ;)

If you opponent gets in a building or you even get close to a Sturm squad your Dodge is going to die very fast. It's just not worth it when you could spend the fuel on other things, the withdraw and refit ability is cool but unless you like using Stuarts I don't see why you would ever want to use it. Every USF vehicle works well throughout the game, the M20 can keep laying mines and doing recon, the AA HT can kite and kill infantry, the Scott and Jackson still do their jobs.

You know that Obers are not walking around the map alone? They are walking with Volks blob. 3 Volks = insta 360dmg = insta retreat from Sherman. If OKW is so weak, or another way, Allies have so many amazing units to wipe everything, why you are not top allied player if it is so easy to wipe them?

Losing Dodge to SP is L2P. Issue.
Call for Assault Engi, put them into dodge, laught at SP.

But you can cancel the retreat point and move your major/ambulance, plus the WOOSH lets you know it's coming with out actually needing to look at your retreat point, there's no woosh for IR artillery, only sadness and destruction :megusta:

Brilliant, so you can strike with Stuka so 2 shells will land on retreat point wiping army and the rest will land behind it, on retreat path in case if your enemy will disbale it.
24 Feb 2015, 17:48 PM

Can imagine M20 M8 being really good against ost..but then again anything is good against ost.

Puma would shut the build down immediately unless there were m20 mines everywhe- oh wait. this commander munches on muni like a fat kid on cake

I once beat a player with nearly 20 times(literally no joke around 2,000 hours) the amount of time played as me with a M20/M8 combo..... (and yes I have the replay uploaded to prove it)

On a side note can someone please show me some replays with mechanized company at work because I simply cannot use this commander worth crap, and have written him off as crap.
24 Feb 2015, 17:50 PM

You know that Obers are not walking around the map alone? They are walking with Volks blob. 3 Volks = insta 360dmg = insta retreat from Sherman. If OKW is so weak, or another way, Allies have so many amazing units to wipe everything, why you are not top allied player if it is so easy to wipe them?

Losing Dodge to SP is L2P. Issue.
Call for Assault Engi, put them into dodge, laught at SP.

Brilliant, so you can strike with Stuka so 2 shells will land on retreat point wiping army and the rest will land behind it, on retreat path in case if your enemy will disbale it.

assuming that the retreat point is a perfect line.

Dodge is not durable, it's not really a L2P issue, more a fact it's less durable than a a scout car, which already isn't very durable. Add in horrible pathing and you get a shit unit that takes up fuel to counter something getting a building counters or strafing does.

And I said Scott not Sherman, because Sherman's are garbo, they love to shoot the ground just as much as the Puppchen does. I'm not a top allied player because I don't play enough, although I'm looking to get up in 2's with my clan leader.
24 Feb 2015, 17:51 PM

I once beat a player with nearly 20 times(literally no joke around 2,000 hours) the amount of time played as me with a M20/M8 combo..... (and yes I have the replay uploaded to prove it)

On a side note can someone please show me some replays with mechanized company at work because I simply cannot use this commander worth crap, and have written him off as crap.

Im going to do AT 2v2s today so if I find mechanized needed and I will use it, I can post a replay for you. I ve got yestredy great games with it... Shame I did not save it.

assuming that the retreat point is a perfect line.

Dodge is not durable, it's not really a L2P issue, more a fact it's less durable than a a scout car, which already isn't very durable. Add in horrible pathing and you get a shit unit that takes up fuel to counter something getting a building counters or strafing does.

And I said Scott not Sherman, because Sherman's are garbo, they love to shoot the ground just as much as the Puppchen does. I'm not a top allied player because I don't play enough, although I'm looking to get up in 2's with my clan leader.

If you are fighting SP with Dogde at close range, it is damn L2P issue. You dont want fight them. You want to harass volks, cap point very fast, flank team weapons, counter kubel. This is what dodge is made for. Not fighting SP. L2P if you lose it to SP.

Scott as your first unit means damn hard play when 3min later Panther will arrive. And its micro intrsive since you have to reverse all the time with Scott. What's more scott is very RNg dependant. You can kill 10 model in first 4 shots but as well you can kill 1 model in 10 first shots.
24 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Get writ of USF faction!That will resolve any problems people have!
24 Feb 2015, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

Maybe they should change its targeting behavior, where you cant focus the shot on a single squad anymore. Increase spread and reduce the focused damage aswell.
Punish the blobber, but leave single squads alone. :*(

Targeting manually with a light delay where to shoot at instead of just a point and click adventure mode where you choose who dies....

Beside i think the m8 is definately not OP. Just more annyoing than other stuff .
Its cheesyness is just soo over the top. <444>_<444>
And the fact thats it is one of the units you don't want to faust with your grens.

I'll admit using it by myself just for the lolz and ruin some okw players grin when their first obers arrived. :)
I like the doctrine though, the pathfinder arty is the key, dropping airbornes into wood is not..
24 Feb 2015, 19:08 PM

Its the best blob control thing USF have, no doubt. It works especially well on urban maps, or maps with small choke points like gates etc. Hide and then pop out when they are over-blobbed and boom, GG for OKW especially.

Is it OP… no I don't think so. Its powerful sure, but it takes a while to aim, and the unit really doesn't scale that well. Fact of the matter is, if you are blobbing and you see this, then retreat and don't blob, because it will cane your a**.

The rest of the commander is OK. Personally I love it, some others don't. Matter of tactics and personal choice really.
24 Feb 2015, 20:05 PM

This commander is comparable to Close Air Support commander, the commanders offer broken gimmicks like skill planes spam or 1 shot Greyhound.
24 Feb 2015, 22:17 PM

FFS, nerf a single, dedicated commander unit when both OST and OKW have COMMON squad wiping grenades for less muni? Oh gee...ya...USF is OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★