Login

russian armor

Relic Should Push More Patches

21 Feb 2015, 21:47 PM

What could be the excuse for releasing WFA and then not having a balance patch for 6 months?

I feel like they have been incrementally setting the multiplayer up into a F2P system since shortly after release. Perhaps the patch that they are working on will do just that. One could hope that we could get weekly/monthly balance patches after that since there would be a revenue stream involved as an incentive to keep the player base happy.
21 Feb 2015, 21:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Can I get clarification where why my post was defamation and Hale's was not please?

just as a explanation i work ass backwards. i typed this sentence starting from the middle and working my way outwards. :P

secondly bloodnok has called for a recount so either gonna revis everything and start over or revis stuff that is felt unjustfied.
21 Feb 2015, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 21:50 PMWiFiDi

just as a explanation i work ass backwards. i typed this sentence starting from the middle and working my way outwards. :P

secondly bloodnok has called for a recount so either gonna revis everything and start over or revis stuff that is felt unjustfied.

I am sorry but I have no idea what you mean in regards to your first paragraph.
21 Feb 2015, 21:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Can I get clarification where why my post was defamation and Hale's was not please?

EDIT: thread now more or less where it might need to be.

Please don't take liberties anybody, otherwise my old friend, the invis fairy, might need to dust down her wings and fly ((flutter, flutter))

21 Feb 2015, 22:04 PM

What could be the excuse for releasing WFA and then not having a balance patch for 6 months?

I feel like they have been incrementally setting the multiplayer up into a F2P system since shortly after release. Perhaps the patch that they are working on will do just that. One could hope that we could get weekly/monthly balance patches after that since there would be a revenue stream involved as an incentive to keep the player base happy.

While it may seem like this could be a logical conclusion, We have no hard evidence to back this up.

On a side note if relic dose do this you can be sure that they will screw it up.
We wont get a good F2P experience like LoL or Path of Exile.
(Despite how a lot of people feel about LoL it has a awesome F2P system)

They can't even fix the graphical bugs that plague the game along with performance issues.
If i were to hold my breath i would be doing so for a loong time.
21 Feb 2015, 22:17 PM

Before patching they should fix basic stuff like freeze & lags.
21 Feb 2015, 23:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Off topic post invised

Looking hard at you, pussyking B-)

Back to topic
21 Feb 2015, 23:54 PM

I think that those kinds of expectations are a bit much. Relic gets out about 1 patch a month which is in line with a lot of competitive MMOs and stuff. There is only a few that patch more frequently then that. And the ones that do are usually much bigger companies.

What I do want to see is more announcements about future content and changes. I mean look at warthunder's dev blog for instance: http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/ , there's like 10 posts about upcoming content in 2 weeks. Relic hasn't talked about upcoming content for months.
22 Feb 2015, 00:25 AM

I think that those kinds of expectations are a bit much. Relic gets out about 1 patch a month which is in line with a lot of competitive MMOs and stuff.

The last big gameplay update was the October 29th Update almost 4 months ago, everything since has been small hotfixes, a single-player patch, and a bug fix patch. Granted, those are still patches, but the community is begging for gameplay patches at this point. And for all we know, gameplay is finalised and they're not going to patch it again.
22 Feb 2015, 01:07 AM

The last big gameplay update was the October 29th Update almost 4 months ago, everything since has been small hotfixes, a single-player patch, and a bug fix patch. Granted, those are still patches, but the community is begging for gameplay patches at this point. And for all we know, gameplay is finalised and they're not going to patch it again.

bold statement.

source pls
22 Feb 2015, 01:08 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I think that those kinds of expectations are a bit much. Relic gets out about 1 patch a month which is in line with a lot of competitive MMOs and stuff. There is only a few that patch more frequently then that. And the ones that do are usually much bigger companies.

What I do want to see is more announcements about future content and changes. I mean look at warthunder's dev blog for instance: http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/ , there's like 10 posts about upcoming content in 2 weeks. Relic hasn't talked about upcoming content for months.

*Ahem*, on that subject..a FTP game...I have spent as much as on CoH2.. and guess what? Still no Lancaster.... still no Mosquito... keep your FTP ;)
22 Feb 2015, 01:20 AM

bold statement.

source pls

I said "for all we know". We know nothing, they tell us nothing. There is no source they are, there is no source they aren't, there's nothing. That was the point of that statement.
22 Feb 2015, 02:07 AM
Donator 11

Ipkai you already have had your big fuck off gesture to relic so many times. Either forgive and forget or be a man and move on. Sticking around being negative & bitter for this long makes it look like relic was right about you.
22 Feb 2015, 05:11 AM

*Ahem*, on that subject..a FTP game...I have spent as much as on CoH2.. and guess what? Still no Lancaster.... still no Mosquito... keep your FTP ;)
I spent nothing and am flying b-17s and mustangs. You just have to invest more time then money.
22 Feb 2015, 10:21 AM
Donator 11

Men of War 2 have released 3 patches during the last week. One of them was a huge 1.9 gb patch
22 Feb 2015, 13:04 PM
Patrion 14

It's kinda hard to push balance patches when you don't have a lead balance dev me thinks.
22 Feb 2015, 15:06 PM

I'm just curious. Wasn't there a plan putting CoH2 onto the ESL?
Probably another thing left on the road.
22 Feb 2015, 15:57 PM

It's kinda hard to push balance patches when you don't have a lead balance dev me thinks.

Why, surely they have other people who can work on balance patches or already do. Breaking Brad for example did apparently most of the patches in DoW2 Retribution, although I wasn't too fond of several of the changes in them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★