Login

russian armor

Relic PLS stop the BLOBS

18 Feb 2015, 02:10 AM

explain

Demos, 120mm mortar, 152 Howitzer, Scott, Priest, Sherman HE shells, T34 crush, ISU HE Shells, KV-8, Katyusha, various call ins, IS2, cheap and plentiful flamethrowers,

Oh and the games only super heavy artillery piece :snfBarton:

Who said anything about Allies? Rifle blobs are just as bad as Volks/Obers. The reason you have Volks/Obers blobs is that there's not really much else you can build as OKW

Yep. Also shock/con blobs are fun times since they can't even approach them with a tank that isn't a Panther or Tiger.
18 Feb 2015, 02:32 AM

Permanently Banned

Demos, 120mm mortar, 152 Howitzer, Scott, Priest, Sherman HE shells, T34 crush, ISU HE Shells, KV-8, Katyusha, various call ins, IS2, cheap and plentiful flamethrowers,

Most require a commander
18 Feb 2015, 02:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

There are spam, blobs and deathballs.

The problem is the burst and long range damage some of this units can deal out and the lack of penalty since they can retreat to forward points most of the time.

Demos, 120mm mortar, 152 Howitzer, Scott, Priest, Sherman HE shells, T34 crush, ISU HE Shells, KV-8, Katyusha, various call ins, IS2, cheap and plentiful flamethrowers, B4

Demos, 120mm, Scotts, Sherman HE, any medium tank crush, ISU, IS2 and so on are way too good on countering single squads but not effective against "blobs" (deathballs are easy).

Mobile and static artillery are the only real blob deterrents.

While i don't want the ol KV8, i fear more a Sherman with HE than this pitty thing. Gone are his old days of glory.

Flamers are not good against blobs, since the splash damage is almost negligible.
18 Feb 2015, 03:17 AM

Most require a commander

I'm sorry your required to take a commander in a game based around commanders.

Demos, 120mm, Scotts, Sherman HE, any medium tank crush, ISU, IS2 and so on are way too good on countering single squads but not effective against "blobs" (deathballs are easy).

Mobile and static artillery are the only real blob deterrents.

While i don't want the ol KV8, i fear more a Sherman with HE than this pitty thing. Gone are his old days of glory.

Flamers are not good against blobs, since the splash damage is almost negligible.

Considering single squads are what make up blobs all those weapons remain effective counters. And with the flamers thing, it's about having the inevitable critical mass of them.

But yeah it sucks that there isn't a lot more mobile and static artillery in the game, OKW and Ostheer could at least use some more options. The 105 howitzer is pathetic.
18 Feb 2015, 09:41 AM
Donator 11

Enable friendly fire on small arms and you will see COH2 turn into revolutionary RTS
18 Feb 2015, 12:19 PM

That's not a blob 'mate, THIS is a blob:

LULWUT!!! Supreme commander I presume. Man that game need popcap.
18 Feb 2015, 13:20 PM

18 Feb 2015, 14:04 PM

I'm sorry your required to take a commander in a game based around commanders.

Considering single squads are what make up blobs all those weapons remain effective counters. And with the flamers thing, it's about having the inevitable critical mass of them.

But yeah it sucks that there isn't a lot more mobile and static artillery in the game, OKW and Ostheer could at least use some more options. The 105 howitzer is pathetic.

Really?

Does OKW need commander for:
Elite infantry?
Heavy tank?
Super indirect fire?

OKW does not need commander at all. In fact, OKW has everything in tiers.
Even this shitty leig gun, if you just leave it behind lines, it can get 30+ kills on its own, without even touching it and what's more important, OKW can get leig easily since MP float.

How about SU?
Elite inf? Doctrinal.
Heavy tank? Doctrinal
Indirect fire? Doctrial.
Everything is doctrinal.

The only useful stock units (if we are talking about late-game because its all about) are snipers, katy and sometimes SU85.

So don't say that the games is based around commanders because it is only for Soviets, just little for Ostheer - Tiger call-in but there are many doctrines with Tiger, same for USF (LMGs) but it has nothing to do with OKW.

Also OKW's Volks+Obers+Jaeger/Panzerfusi/Falsch blob covered by Jadgpanzer/Panther OR 2 raketens is untouchable unless you have very lucy hit with howitzer, katy or mortar - what's very unlikely since blob is in costant move.
18 Feb 2015, 16:24 PM

I love punishing OKW bloobers, its fun
18 Feb 2015, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 00:40 AMSchewi

Yes. There are several threads about this. This discussion is going on since a while and everybody is aware of it.

Everybody, only Relic and SEGA doesnt know...
18 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM

I dont understand why some of you are claiming that WFA factions are unplayable without blobbing.

I literally never blob. Im honest here. And i never feel the need to blob, it feels more like a burden to me as i can full retreat once im suppressed.

Why on earth do you need to blob?
18 Feb 2015, 21:52 PM

Everybody, only Relic and SEGA doesnt know...

You can be 100% sure that they know. They read the forums. And this is one of the most discussed topics of the current patch.
18 Feb 2015, 22:00 PM

mines, grenades, barbed wire, artillary, tanks, MGs,.....

The reason your opponnents microless strategy is working because your strategy is microless too.
18 Feb 2015, 22:12 PM

Really?

Does OKW need commander for:
Elite infantry?
Heavy tank?
Super indirect fire?

OKW does not need commander at all. In fact, OKW has everything in tiers.
Even this shitty leig gun, if you just leave it behind lines, it can get 30+ kills on its own, without even touching it and what's more important, OKW can get leig easily since MP float.

How about SU?
Elite inf? Doctrinal.
Heavy tank? Doctrinal
Indirect fire? Doctrial.
Everything is doctrinal.

The only useful stock units (if we are talking about late-game because its all about) are snipers, katy and sometimes SU85.

So don't say that the games is based around commanders because it is only for Soviets, just little for Ostheer - Tiger call-in but there are many doctrines with Tiger, same for USF (LMGs) but it has nothing to do with OKW.

Also OKW's Volks+Obers+Jaeger/Panzerfusi/Falsch blob covered by Jadgpanzer/Panther OR 2 raketens is untouchable unless you have very lucy hit with howitzer, katy or mortar - what's very unlikely since blob is in costant move.

At the competitive level every single faction in the game is based around intelligent commander choice. Soviets are more reliant on commanders because that was how the entire faction was designed and for Ostheer commander choice is essential as you NEED to pick the right commander with the right late game call ins in order to not get raped by medium tank spam.

And yeah OKW does have good stock units, to bad they have a resource penalty which means you have to be ultra picky which basically leaves them with no more options than any other faction. I often have more fun with Soviets because I have a wealth of stratgies to chose from and with OKW it's volk spam into obers every single fucking game.

Allies have the best blob counters in the game bar none, this dumb meme that Axis has everything and the best of everything when the best Ostheer indirect unit costs fuel and still has far less killing power than a MP call in from some of the best Soviet commanders in the game. The 105 LeFH is garbage, and the ISG is a outclassed by the basic soviet mortar despite costing twice as much.

Is the Stuka good? Yes, but it also costs a massive amount of fuel which will delay you getting a Schwer out (and any access to your only counters to rifle/con/shock spam) by a huge amount of time.

I don't think the commander system was well implemented across all factions, but we have to live with what we have and right now as far as blob counters go Allies have a wealth of options to deal with it.

I dont understand why some of you are claiming that WFA factions are unplayable without blobbing.

I literally never blob. Im honest here. And i never feel the need to blob, it feels more like a burden to me as i can full retreat once im suppressed.

Why on earth do you need to blob?

So were are you finding all these various infantry units? Because the only faction in the game with more than 2 stock infantry units is Soviets.
18 Feb 2015, 22:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So were are you finding all these various infantry units? Because the only faction in the game with more than 2 stock infantry units is Soviets.

OH:
Pio
Gren - PG
(Officer) - Stormtroopers - AssG - Osstruppen (20%LMG + vet) - (Urban PG)

SU:
CE
Con - Penal
Shock - Guards (Ass) - Irregulars - Partisans - (Commisar)

USF:
RE
Rifleman - (LT - Cpt - Major)
AssEng - Para (2xParas) - (Elite) - Pathfinder - Arty Pathfinder

OKW:
SP
Volks - Obers
Falls - JLI - PF - (Officer)
18 Feb 2015, 22:57 PM

OH:
Pio
Gren - PG
Officer - Stormtroopers - AssG - Osstruppen (20%LMG + vet) - (Urban PG)

SU:
CE
Con - Penal
Shock - Guards (Ass) - Irregulars - Partisans - (Commisar)

USF:
RE
Rifleman - (LT - Cpt - Major)
AssEng - Para - (Elite) -

OKW:
SP
Volks - Obers
Falls - JLI - PF

Urban PG and Commissars don't exist, and I don't see how the USF officers count a regular infantry units when you can only have one. Ostheer has 3 infantry units counting Grens, Assrgens and Pgrens (hardly a wealth of diversity), Soviets have Cons, Penals, Shocks, and Guards, OKW has Volks, Obers, Fallsch, PF and JLI, USF has Rifleman and Paratroopers lol.

USF can be forgiven for blobbing, and OKW as well because Obers blow Fallsch, PF and JLI out of the water unless you use JLI or PF for scouting. But ultimately Soviets are pretty blobtastic since cons/shocks can pretty easily overwhelm Ostheer. Ostheer can't blob because they don't have the MP to do it.

And I forgot Ostheer had a sniper so yeah I guess Soviets and Ostheer both have 3 dedicated stock infantry units :foreveralone:
18 Feb 2015, 23:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Urban PG and Commissars don't exist, and I don't see how the USF officers count a regular infantry units when you can only have one. Ostheer has 3 infantry units counting Grens, Assrgens and Pgrens (hardly a wealth of diversity), Soviets have Cons, Penals, Shocks, and Guards, OKW has Volks, Obers, Fallsch, PF and JLI, USF has Rifleman and Paratroopers lol.

USF can be forgiven for blobbing, and OKW as well because Obers blow Fallsch, PF and JLI out of the water unless you use JLI or PF for scouting. But ultimately Soviets are pretty blobtastic since cons/shocks can pretty easily overwhelm Ostheer. Ostheer can't blob because they don't have the MP to do it.

And I forgot Ostheer had a sniper so yeah I guess Soviets and Ostheer both have 3 dedicated stock infantry units :foreveralone:

Thats the reason i put some units between " () " cause they might not be considered as another infantry unit.
Remind you that you said "because the only faction in the game with more than 2 stock infantry units is Soviets"
I thought it was pretty clear that i separated Builder, stock infantry unit, doctrinal units.

PD: i forgot about both Pathfinders for USF and officer for OKW.

--------------------
Commisar and Urban PG are for the moment dev only
-------------------

19 Feb 2015, 01:29 AM

Enable friendly fire on small arms and you will see COH2 turn into revolutionary RTS

Enable friendly-fire on small arms and you will see the game quickly die as everyone gets pissed their infantry are friendly-firing their squadmates and quit.
19 Feb 2015, 02:34 AM
Patrion 14

The solution to blobbing is very simple. Relic should institute a modifier on infantry of 3 squads or more moving in unison outside of cover.

This modifier or aura would result in nerfs (accuracy, suppression, damage, etc). This would immediately punish blobbers and increase the effectiveness of all support weaponry while not making them OP when they are used against single squads.

This would also be realistic as moving all bunched up would make you more susceptible to both enemy and friendly fire. To me it's clear as day and don't understand the flak people get when this has been suggested in one form of another.

Modifiers like that would also punish someone who has 3 squads microed behind cover that just happen to be too close to each other. It also punishes a 3-way flank on one location when the units get close enough as they close in. Modifiers are generally a bad idea.

The problem with blobs are that the counters are not effective enough (MG suppression) and that they are too effective at taking counters out due to lmgs (lmgs might need to be toned down because they decrew MGs before getting suppressed) and (mainly for okw) schrecks.

I would suggest a similar thing to what Cruzz did in his mod: change the effective range of lmgs to not the max distance of the gun but bellow that and make the damage drop after that point (though I'd argue that it should drop more than it doess in Kappatch at the moment). That way a-moving a lmg blob is far less effective.
19 Feb 2015, 03:37 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 13:20 PMJohnnyB

Captain Jean Luc Picblob
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak