Login

russian armor

A new solution to the Volksblob Issue

12 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM

Dumbest solution in the history of COH2 balance.

Why not punish people that blob, for example units that are in the blob have increase received accuracy. Because that is the main problem here.

Buffing walking stuka BUAHAHAHAHAHA
12 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM
Patrion 14

That's not true, there have been plenty of proposals. Most people here (myself included) just really disagree with yours. I almost never build a stuka in 1v1 as OKW, nor do I see other OKW players build them. I have no idea then, how this would help in any way. They don't need the stuka to win, so why would they build one?
12 Feb 2015, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 10:16 AMSierra
This "community" if you can even call it that is such a goddamn disappointment. Seriously, people like myself take the time to think this kind of stuff over and the most that any of you can do is say "That won't work because of reasons" and "lolz, wat?"

Seriously there are like zero constructive posts in here and not a single person seems to be trying to contribute to an idea that would work beyond an "up" or "down" nerf/buff scale!

Stupid idea is still a stupid idea. Community doesn't have anything to do with this.
12 Feb 2015, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 10:29 AMExardus
Dumbest solution in the history of COH2 balance.

I've seen dumber, but got to admit that it is an achievement to write a post and completely lose the point of it by 2nd line.

With that kind of logic and thought process he would make for a good antagonist in some Batman series.

@sierra
you have written complete bullshit that addresses absolutely nothing, boosts already extremely powerful unit and doesn't fix anything as why would anyone use flame barrage for a chance to kill when default barrage is pinpoint accurate and will kill.

You've made a dumb post and act surprised that people see it as dumb.
12 Feb 2015, 10:32 AM

sorry but why should someone dont use volksblobs because he could use stuka if volksblobs remain effective and so much rewarding?
12 Feb 2015, 10:37 AM

This "community" if you can even call it that is such a goddamn disappointment. Seriously, people like myself take the time to think this kind of stuff over and the most that any of you can do is say "That won't work because of reasons" and "lolz, wat?"

Seriously there are like zero constructive posts in here and not a single person seems to be trying to contribute to an idea that would work beyond an "up" or "down" nerf/buff scale!

Come on be serious, how old are you 12? Dumb solution is dumb solution, nobody forced you to write it.

12 Feb 2015, 10:48 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

And this was the best you could come up with? I appreciate the effort, but something tells me that you don't really no what the issues are that are making OKW as it is right now. How is making Stuka vet faster until it reaches Vet 4 so OKW has access to another ability to spend munitions on help in that regard? Mind blown.

This topic has been discussed a million times already (like here and there) and much better solutions have been found already. It's time for Relic to act now and do something about it.
12 Feb 2015, 10:49 AM

If you want a discussion, fine.

What you suggest doesn't make any sense. Why? because first of all, USF, Soviets and OKW players are potentially blobbers. Soviet and USF can outnumber you early/mid game. But thanks to the 5 vet system, later in the game Volksblobs are unbeatable because of :1) Their laser guided javelin missile and 2) they become ninjas and refuse to die. Obers are very powerful even at vet0

But your mistake is that you think people blob because they want to use munition. They do because it's easier to micro (if you consider "point and licking" play style as micromanagement) and that they "float MP, not muni". I myself float a lot more muni when I play Soviets (I build demos and mines, but I still find myself with 200 extra ammo), do I blob with Soviets? no.

The problem with blobs has already been discussed in a lot of threads, and there are many good suggestions which are not simple "NURF DAT BUFF DAT" statements. The major problem with blobs is ineffective Crowd Control mechanics (most notably MGs). This is true for all 4 factions, and if you ask me Ostheer suffers much more.

Again, buffing Stuka doesn't make ANY SENSE. The game in general needs better Crowd Control. With better crowd control and a couple of nerfs and tweaks for Obers, things will get a lot better.
12 Feb 2015, 10:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Everyone is posting their volksblob solution so I must come up with one too

my okw infantry rework that will never happen

-It must be an unique mechanic since you can't reuse trusted and working mechanics from previous games or factions except when you run out of money, then use the ostwind and mg42.
-Volks are useless without shrecks.
-Infantry gain vet super fast from AT weapons

To start the raketen gets faster aim time and the gun provides yellow cover. reload time slighly increased
Volks get a faust without requirements. Deals 80 damage with a flat 90 penetration and it targets a position and not a vehicle. This means you have to lead the target at longer range. cost is 20 munitions. This means it will reliably penetrate any light armour (ostheer faust has 160-140 penetration and 100 damage) Won't deal heavy engine damage
Sturms get option to buy schrek for 70 munition after converting 1 truck. can be bought along sweeper
Obers now have option to either buy schrek for 70 or 2 lmg34 for 70 (2 lmg34 will have the power of 1 current lmg34) EDIT: cost now 340

After converting two trucks volks can either upgrade to
-An At-package for free that will make each entity fire a faust instead of only one like with infiltration grenades. Cost scales depending on squad size. scales from 20 to 40 munitions
-Or combat package that gives 5 mp40s for 50 munitions. Seems like a terrible deal because mp40 suck but all mp40s will get a buff in damage. Pio and Assgren will get something modified so they deal same damage right from the start but get better with vet cus they dont scale at all

So this is pretty munitions expensive but I find okw doesnt have much to spend munitions on except schreks and mines.
Also all non-small arms no longer give veterancy (atnades/shrecks/grenades). I dont know if this is possible but I have some ideas about it that I have to test

Tear it to shreds boys.
12 Feb 2015, 11:29 AM
Patrion 14

Move Obersoldaten to the HQ building and make them immediately available. That, too, will ensure you see less Volks on the field.
12 Feb 2015, 12:00 PM
12 Feb 2015, 12:22 PM
Donator 33

Don't forget stg44 buff. Need a munitions sink, remember
12 Feb 2015, 12:48 PM

what if playing as OKW instead of the first track you get a king tiger? ANd after a few minutes a command panther and an ostwind?
I bet you wouldnt need all these shrecked volks anymore...
Problem solved!!!
12 Feb 2015, 12:53 PM
Patrion 14

Wow, someone really can't handle people disagreeing with him. On the topic of MG34, again: I really don't see how buffing OKW is gonna help OKW blobs become less OP. At best it gives them more OP strats to choose from.
12 Feb 2015, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 12:48 PMSierra
Not a single reasonable one amongst the lot of you animals.

Luvnest and his own widely-agreeable view on balance not reasonable?

>.<
12 Feb 2015, 13:23 PM

Permanently Banned
The cycle of Sierra shitposting

Step 1 - Come up with an unreasonable idea.

Step 2 - Have the idea rejected by both common forumers and community veterans alike.

Step 3 - Get mad and insult everyone in the thread/call them Allies fanboys (even the ones who are well known to be unbiased)

Step 4 - Inevitable thread lock/thread abandonment by everyone who actually has a worthwhile opinion.

What a wonderful world we live in.
12 Feb 2015, 13:23 PM
Donator 11

I like the concept but its not the problem with the volks blob. As a unit (I hate the stuka) but its important to keep the key role of the unit. Adding in a 100muni sink wouldn't fix volks blobs as OKW can simply not build the unit and continue to blob.
12 Feb 2015, 13:44 PM

Thanks Sierra, I needed a morning laugh. But seriously, who let this guy come back?
12 Feb 2015, 14:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 07:50 AMSierra

How can any of you say with certainty that it wouldn't change anything if you aren't even willing to try it?

It's worth a test on the Beta server at the very least to see if it does impact the game.

-Cause i don't need a flamebarrage early on, since the normal barrage is fine.
-If you go Stuka you are going to need those shrecks to fend of medium armor, so you won't spend ammo on it. NOTHING changes.
-Your suggestion, simple is buffing the Stuka.
-Right now, theres a reason it's locked down in vet4. Cause it doesn't share cooldown with the normal barrage.

Try harder next time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS