Login

russian armor

A new solution to the Volksblob Issue

12 Feb 2015, 03:55 AM

Now I've been having a thought about how to deal with this supposed issue, and I think I might have found an alternative way to fix the issue without turning it into a nerf-war.

Now OKW players say that they purchase lots of Volksgrenadiers and Panzershreks because they don't have many munitions sinks and that the Raketenwerfer just tends to be dumpy. Both points are valid.

Many Allied players find that Volksgrens are too strong and want the panzershrek removed but the Raketenwerfer buffed.

Now I'd like to offer a different solution.

Why not make the Stuka Zu Fuss vet-up much faster to achieve Vet-4 and its incendiary barrage faster?

It would mean that every time an incendiary barrage is used, it's 100-munitions down the drain that can't be spent on panzershreks. This would also give the OKW some vital anti-blob and anti-garrison ability as well as some area denial.
12 Feb 2015, 04:01 AM
Donator 33

Let me get this straight, your only suggestion to fix the issue with a faction that blobs, is to change the veteran rate of a mid/late game unit for that factions advantage, and rely on the good will of the OKW players who blob and shrek spam, to use the 100 munitions elsewhere. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
12 Feb 2015, 05:04 AM

Let me get this straight, your only suggestion to fix the issue with a faction that blobs, is to change the veteran rate of a mid/late game unit for that factions advantage, and rely on the good will of the OKW players who blob and shrek spam, to use the 100 munitions elsewhere. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pretty sure I recall many Allied advocates saying that they wouldn't abuse the hell out of artillery pieces like incendiary smoke and incendiary firebomb-strike so much if they had more sinks for their munitions.

It's less about good will and more about what tools the OKW has. Almost all of their offmap artillery has been nerfed into the ground, they don't have bunkers and FlaKvierling emplacements cost fuel and manpower, not munitions.

The only upgrades they can spend on are pintle mounted MG on vehicles (relatively few) mine-sweeper kits for Sturmpioneers, and of course weapons for doctrine specific units like the Panzer Fusilliers and the Infrared STG-44. They don't have many mines that aren't doctrinal. So of course the panzershrek being 90 or less muni with bulletins is going to be the most cost effective anti-vehicle option. Most other options take a bit too long or cost too much for little effect and delay their late game panther or king tiger which they rely upon.

I think if they purchase the Stuka zu Fuss often enough, then spending 100-muni on an ability that is a useful tool while also draining muni that would otherwise be spent on Panzershreks.

It's better out of the box thinking than your attempt at trolling is bringing to the table, and it's more constructive than saying "remove the panzershrek, nerf volks hard!"
12 Feb 2015, 05:29 AM
Donator 11

This would in no way deter any OKW player from continuing to just purchase schrecks. It is not because there are no munitions dumps as most of the current commanders have at least one but that the schrecks are so effective at being mobile anti-armour on a larger, cheaper squad that now vets extremely quickly with this upgrade. I would much rather spend 235 mp for my munition dump to kill tanks than to spend 100fuel for my munition dump to kill what can already be slaughtered 100x over with more effective units. This proposal would not change the meta in any significant manner. Thank you for trying tho.
12 Feb 2015, 05:42 AM
Patrion 14

.... nope. only vet 1 and 2 matter for stuka in terms of barrage speed so if stuka vets up quicker than now, it would be too much. just better to move incendiary to vet 1 and move other vets around accordingly.

and i don't think this would solve anything.
12 Feb 2015, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 05:42 AMpigsoup
and i don't think this would solve anything.

I think this is a great solution. We can also solve M1919 blobs and constant P47's with cheap, nondoctrinal USF AI mines available to RE's.

I foresee a 0.01% change in strategy, which makes it definitely worth it.
12 Feb 2015, 06:12 AM
Donator 33

I honestly think this thread is a troll thread.
12 Feb 2015, 06:13 AM

Permanently Banned
This literally solves nothing

To help blobs, buff stuka?
12 Feb 2015, 06:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

While the Stuka/SturmTiger needs a veterancy tweak, this wouldn't solve anything at all.
12 Feb 2015, 07:50 AM

While the Stuka/SturmTiger needs a veterancy tweak, this wouldn't solve anything at all.

How can any of you say with certainty that it wouldn't change anything if you aren't even willing to try it?

It's worth a test on the Beta server at the very least to see if it does impact the game.
12 Feb 2015, 07:55 AM

A solution to the Volks blob exists, it's called the IS2/Democharge/AA HT/B4/120 mortar/Scott/Literally any indirect fire in the game.
12 Feb 2015, 08:33 AM

A solution to the Volks blob exists, it's called the IS2/Democharge/AA HT/B4/120 mortar/Scott/Literally any indirect fire in the game.

If these worked, no one would whine about Volks Blob.

Get a clue, and be less biaised.
12 Feb 2015, 08:50 AM

It was like: We have problem with elevator, we need to do few things to get you out and we need your help with that so first of all, what's your favourite tea? :lol:
12 Feb 2015, 08:57 AM
Donator 33

Well the volk blob is complete before fuss arrives, so the only thing it would do is encourage people to support their volk blob with the fuss.
12 Feb 2015, 08:59 AM
12 Feb 2015, 09:11 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

While I'd like to see a tweak to the Stuka veterancy, this wouldn't achieve anything as the others already stated, especially not in 1v1.
12 Feb 2015, 09:33 AM

Much lols were had in the reading of this post.
Neo
12 Feb 2015, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 09:33 AMKhan
Much lols were had in the reading of this post.

This with a carrot on top. (for Luvnest, obviously)
12 Feb 2015, 10:16 AM

This "community" if you can even call it that is such a goddamn disappointment. Seriously, people like myself take the time to think this kind of stuff over and the most that any of you can do is say "That won't work because of reasons" and "lolz, wat?"

Seriously there are like zero constructive posts in here and not a single person seems to be trying to contribute to an idea that would work beyond an "up" or "down" nerf/buff scale!
12 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM

The patient have a murderous urges!

Lets cut his arms off and replace them with chainsaws, that'll help!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★