russian armor

Supply - in-game currency

PAGES (16)down
24 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM

nigo is a damned good community member.
24 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 17:13 PMspajn
Nigo is my favorite person on coh2.org, i really like him.

Like we always say in brazilian bakeries:

Servimos bem para servir sempre!!! (translation: Serve well to always serve) :D

There's a fresh bread inside this bag :P
24 Feb 2015, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 17:13 PMspajn
Nigo is my favorite person on coh2.org, i really like him.

Nigo 4 president !!

PS: he's also my RL friendsies
24 Feb 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 16:01 PMInverse
How do you know those are Commander Durability Icons? Are they named like that?

Kinda sucks if that's true since it means commanders will deteriorate and need to be maintained. CoH2 needs less pay-for-options scenarios, not more.

All the names I have posted are what the files are labelled, the only time I've shortened things is when they wouldn't upload with a larger name or the rest of the name was irrelevant to what the icon was.
24 Feb 2015, 22:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 17:25 PMNapalm
nigo is a damned good community member.

A cobra esta fumando!
25 Feb 2015, 08:56 AM

I could very easily see supply and durability to be tied into game mecahnics for this "war effort" side game and not change anything inside of the coh2 match. I could also see the war effort being tied in to the new war spoils sytem (perhaps territory control in the war effort affects your war spoil drops etc?)

IMO if they want to include more IAPsc, then I think they found the way they do it without tainting the competitiveness of the core game. Having a side game that controls how you unlock new content could actually be a lot of fun- It could maybe let you aim to get war spoils you dont have etc etc... and if youre having bad luck in the "war effort" it wouldnt prevent you from enjoying the core game.

I doubt we'll be seeing war spoils that can degrade- relic already toyed with that idea and changed the whole system once before because the community didnt like it. why would they try to do it again knowing ahead of time that the community isnt receptive to degrading war spoils?

i also dont see how they would ever be able to explain that to the community.. "hey you know all those cool commanders and bulletins you use to have and you used them all you wanted? in this next patch we added a cool new feature where you cant use them all you want anymore unless you pay us more money!"
25 Feb 2015, 10:08 AM

Id guess that existing commanders remain permanent (lots of people spent real money on them).

Its probably custom commanders that will degrade.
25 Feb 2015, 10:32 AM

I could very easily see supply and durability to be tied into game mecahnics for this "war effort" side game and not change anything inside of the coh2 match. I could also see the war effort being tied in to the new war spoils sytem (perhaps territory control in the war effort affects your war spoil drops etc?)

I´m not quite familiar with this war effort system yet, but if it´s some kind of axis vs allied campaign map with territories and such, and the winning side would get more war spoils drops, who would want to play the losing side anymore?
25 Feb 2015, 11:40 AM
Benefactor 115

THIS IS SO EXCITING!
25 Feb 2015, 11:42 AM

If Nigo was born in 1920 and German... We would have won the war.
Sorry just my deep German thoughts coming through.

I love you guys ♥
25 Feb 2015, 18:35 PM

I´m not quite familiar with this war effort system yet, but if it´s some kind of axis vs allied campaign map with territories and such, and the winning side would get more war spoils drops, who would want to play the losing side anymore?

it doesnt have to be "winning side gets prizes", they could offer surprises throughout the "campaign". ie: control this specific territory to get one of these war spoils. They could also have war spoils that you can only earn while playing as certain factions etc, war spoils that are offered only in a specific timeframe, etc,etc.

it could also in theory help to even out the searching percentages by controlling what you could stand to win at the end of a multiplayer match.

THis is of course all high hopes and speculation by me. I just frankly dont think we'll be seeing degrading commanders or bulletins since theyve already received the message that the community doesnt like that. Itd be the biggest wtf to see that return.
26 Nov 2015, 13:48 PM

I didn't liked CoHO deterioration system I hope they will not add it. Propably I would stop play.
26 Nov 2015, 14:14 PM

If they add this, I will stand by my words, the game will die, oh yes it will lol.
27 Nov 2015, 11:03 AM

27 Nov 2015, 11:10 AM

I am sorry, but did I just fucking see "durability" and "repair"?

I hope I did not, otherwise I have wasted money buying CoH2. What a bloody disappointment.
27 Nov 2015, 12:26 PM

i dont understand you all
really i dont

since i started coh2 i didnt give a single fuck about war spoils or commanders.
The game provides so many tools to be good an win games. it's all about playing well, but blaming "OP Commanders" is far easier i guess.

but f2p? really? i can't believe how you can find that good. f2p is the curse of modern games. it just doesn't work. why? when the game itself is free, but you have to
keep servers running etc. how do you earn money?

right, then the time will come when you will REALLY see p2w.

all f2p games i know are plain and boring: warthunder, WoT, Planetside2

i feel if something costs nothing, its worth nothing.

thx to the warspoil whiners for killing my favourite game
27 Nov 2015, 13:10 PM

i dont understand you all
really i dont

since i started coh2 i didnt give a single fuck about war spoils or commanders.
The game provides so many tools to be good an win games. it's all about playing well, but blaming "OP Commanders" is far easier i guess.

but f2p? really? i can't believe how you can find that good. f2p is the curse of modern games. it just doesn't work. why? when the game itself is free, but you have to
keep servers running etc. how do you earn money?

right, then the time will come when you will REALLY see p2w.

all f2p games i know are plain and boring: warthunder, WoT, Planetside2

i feel if something costs nothing, its worth nothing.

thx to the warspoil whiners for killing my favourite game

Do tell me, how is the stock Ost commanders comparable to the paid one. Wait, they aren't.
27 Nov 2015, 13:27 PM

If supply replaces warspoils (as in you get supply per game instead of random drops or maybe on top of them, you can trade in unwanted bulletins for supply, which you can use to buy new bulletins) then i'm fine with it. If it means that bulletins degrade or some other shit mentioned at the start of this thread, then i stand by my earlier remarks that there is no possible way that this could have a positive effect on the game.
27 Nov 2015, 13:56 PM

In a nutshell, everyone's sentiments are here:

Any form of durability is retarded.
27 Nov 2015, 15:14 PM

You're right, there would be zero problems if the amount of supply you get from playing is more than enough to repair a large amount of items. But if that's the case, why even add durability? It doesn't add anything to the game on its own. The only reason you would add something like this to the game is so you can charge people to purchase supply, and if you give people too much supply after games then nobody is going to spend any money.

In order for this to make any sense from a financial perspective, you have to feel the need to purchase supply from Relic, which means you can't be given a surplus for free.

If you buy an item and you get it permanently i think it is fine. (it will have no expiracy so you dont need to repair that item).

And if you get only those in game points those items can have a) expiracy eg that commader will be for 1000point for week so you can try it play with him, and if he suits your playstyle you can
b) buy him por points without expiracy (for example 10 000 points - it was just random number , i just want to say this can work,still better than this shitty RNG warspoil we have right now.

What do you think about this ?
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight