Login

russian armor

Supply - in-game currency

PAGES (16)down
5 Feb 2015, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 15:35 PMl4hti
I hope supply cant be bought with real money.

How much DLC does COH2 have currently??....lol
5 Feb 2015, 15:41 PM

COHO.....again....

And we all know how that ended.

I think that this time they have a lot more chances of success, because :

1) This time, their economic model should be a lot more viable that the one COHO used.

2) The market is also a lot more ready to accept a F2P model then it was at that time. (If done right)

3) Sega is in better financial situation that THQ was when it Launch COHO.

4) Remember that COHO's head developer died in a car accident when the game was still in beta.

Let's have some hope !
5 Feb 2015, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

I think CoH2 online will work if they do it. Would be pretty cool to see CoH up there with Dota, Starcraft, and csgo at competitions and such.
5 Feb 2015, 15:44 PM
Patrion 14

Oh god durability, what a terrible idea. This pretty much confirms the game is going to be free-to-play in the future though.

CSGO skins don't wear out, they just come with a wear level that never changes. Adding wear over time to normal items is a fucking horrendous idea.

ALL THIS TIME I WAS SAVING THEM! URGGGG!
5 Feb 2015, 15:44 PM

Volt - the main difference here is that COHO was actually not half bad to play.

COH2 is still a dull mess.
5 Feb 2015, 15:50 PM
Benefactor 115

Is Relic going to pull a Relic?
5 Feb 2015, 15:56 PM

I can't fathom any mechanic relying on durability to be user-friendly.

Dark times ahead.
5 Feb 2015, 16:01 PM
Coder Red Badge

The problem with durability is it actively discourages people from purchasing items. Why spent money on a cool-looking decal or skin when it's going to disappear in 50 games unless you pay more money? I never would have spent a dime on Dota 2 or CSGO if the items I paid for were going to disappear unless I paid more to "maintain" them.

This is another example of Relic attempting to milk the small percentage of its already small playerbase who are inclined to spend large amounts of money on DLC. Those people aren't going to care about a few bucks every once in a while to repair their items, but the average player who just wants a few cool skins or stickers for his vehicles is going to think twice if he knows he's going to have to shell out more money next month just to keep using what he's already purchased.
5 Feb 2015, 16:03 PM
Benefactor 115

more nickle and diming incoming. I thought they learned that people don't like it, that's why they stopped releasing commanders for $5 every week.

For all the bureaucracy they employ they are one of the most disorganised companies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

I wish they would actually learn from contemporary and successful free to play games where you buy something and you have it forever instead of only having a limited time use.
5 Feb 2015, 16:06 PM
Patrion 14

i think there is still a possibility where they would only utilise in game money. i wish.
5 Feb 2015, 16:07 PM
Coder Red Badge

You will get some supply after every game, but you will also be able to purchase supply from the store. Guaranteed that's how it's going to work.
5 Feb 2015, 16:14 PM

Volt - the main difference here is that COHO was actually not half bad to play.

COH2 is still a dull mess.

COHO was my all time favorite game !!! But i think the F2P model and the addition of well design units could help COH2.

That all good news to me ! At least something is happening !
5 Feb 2015, 16:16 PM
Patrion 15

Ipkai and inverse do you guys know something we don't? You seem to be Damn sure exactly how this is going to play out based on a few lines of code with no other info from Relic... Seems like this should be taken with a grain of salt.
5 Feb 2015, 16:17 PM
Donator 11

The problem with durability is it actively discourages people from purchasing items. Why spent money on a cool-looking decal or skin when it's going to disappear in 50 games unless you pay more money? I never would have spent a dime on Dota 2 or CSGO if the items I paid for were going to disappear unless I paid more to "maintain" them.

I really don't think items you pay real money for will ever lose durability, they will most likely be of "premium quality" and will never break.
5 Feb 2015, 16:18 PM

You will get some supply after every game, but you will also be able to purchase supply from the store. Guaranteed that's how it's going to work.

I would not say that adding wear to items is a horrible idea. The reason why all game economies eventually fail is because there is no wear. The more things get dropped, the price of each thing drops significantly over time, because there is more of it. With wear, the price of a single item will stay constant.

Of course, it al depends on how it is implemented. Knowing relic, i am very skeptical.
5 Feb 2015, 16:20 PM
Coder Red Badge

I mean, I figured it was obvious that this is all speculation. But they used a very similar system in CoHO, I think it was actually called supply there as well, and it worked how I described. If they don't make any changes, I expect it will work the same way. Hopefully they do make changes, though, because the CoHO model was a disaster.

You can extrapolate a lot from those strings. Giving items durabilities means giving them the ability to degrade, which means you need a way to restore degraded items, which in turn is a clear avenue for microtransactions. Obviously nothing is set in stone. For the sake of the game, I really hope they don't actually implement a durability system, because it would be a disaster.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 16:17 PMspajn

I really don't think items you pay real money for will ever lose durability, they will most likely be of "premium quality" and will never break.

They did in CoHO.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 16:18 PMBurts

I would not say that adding wear to items is a horrible idea. The reason why all game economies eventually fail is because there is no wear. The more things get dropped, the price of each thing drops significantly over time, because there is more of it. With wear, the price of a single item will stay constant.

Of course, it al depends on how it is implemented. Knowing relic, i am very skeptical.

The two most successful item economies right now are Dota 2 and CSGO, two games with zero degradation. Instead, item prices are time-sensitive, which is great. Enthusiasts can pay a bit more for earlier access to new items, and regular players can get cool items on the cheap later. Furthermore, item values are inflated by their drop rates and production runs, for lack of a better word. CSGO knifes cost upwards of $300, and Dota 2 couriers and certain items routinely sell for over $100. If you constantly release new content and cycle your drop list, you don't suffer from over-saturation.

I'd actually argue the opposite, that adding durability actually deflates the values of items. Why purchase an expensive item when you're just going to have to keep spending more to maintain it?
5 Feb 2015, 16:28 PM
Donator 11

Well whatever system they go for, im sure it will be of relic quality aka disaster.
5 Feb 2015, 16:32 PM
Benefactor 115

All but of a couple of posts in this thread demonstrate why Relic gives us the "we can't talk about that" line.

How about you all calm down and wait for some actual information before you speculate yourselves into the regular state of condemnation and negativity.
5 Feb 2015, 16:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 16:32 PMDucati

All but of a couple of posts in this thread demonstrate why Relic gives us the "we can't talk about that" line.

How about you all calm down and wait for some actual information before you speculate yourselves into the regular state of condemnation and negativity.

That ship has sailed son.
5 Feb 2015, 16:34 PM
Patrion 15

If this means they are moving towards a f2p model I'm all for it, even if I have already spent over 100 dollars on the game.

There will likely be some kinks to work out, but just because it was implemented a certain way in coho doesn't mean it'll be the exact same in this iteration.

Step back from the ledge everyone!
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight