Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
12 Feb 2015, 13:20 PM

Ummm... Doesn't the Wargame series kinda cover the Modern day RTS genre?

And there's a MoW derivative coming out soon as well...
12 Feb 2015, 13:44 PM

Lol - a modern German faction would suck. They don't take defense seriously; hence, why they're on Russias doorstep, yet only spend 1.3% of GDP on defense, versus the NATO agreed prescription of 2%+.

The only countries in Europe with any commitment to at least some level of high-end capability (i.e to fight a war vs a first world opponent, even for just long enough for the American cavalry to arrive) are France and the United Kingdom, even with their massive cut-backs in spending. But even these factions would just be optional commanders in COHx: Modern Warfare.
12 Feb 2015, 13:46 PM

4 factions

Base game:
France vs Germany (1940)

Expansion:
Commonwealth vs Italy (1940-41)

• Light tanks actually have a purpose in the game
  • No wunderwaffen which will piss off the SSDasUberFuhrerDivision 4v4-only gamers
  • There will actually be an axis faction that isn't Germany
  • Char B1 call in meta :bananadance:
waah i like that idea so much, wunderwaffes suck
12 Feb 2015, 13:54 PM

Lol - a modern German faction would suck. They don't take defense seriously; hence, why they're on Russias doorstep, yet only spend 1.3% of GDP on defense, versus the NATO agreed prescription of 2%+.

The only countries in Europe with any commitment to at least some level of high-end capability (i.e to fight a war vs a first world opponent, even for just long enough for the American cavalry to arrive) are France and the United Kingdom, even with their massive cut-backs in spending. But even these factions would just be optional commanders in COHx: Modern Warfare.

Ok...let's phantasize further: I would build 4 faction old Coh2 style, releasing 2 at first and then another 2. For instance, I would release USF and Russia (Obama vs Putin lol) then after one year - one year and a half EU and China :). Eu containing French, Germans, Brits, Italians, etc, as one faction.
12 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM

Ummm... Doesn't the Wargame series kinda cover the Modern day RTS genre?

And there's a MoW derivative coming out soon as well...

Wargame Is also cold war, Red Dragon Goes up 1991 I believe and the scale on that game is insane(i've played it) I would rather have it down to earth like COH where I can actually see my units fighting
12 Feb 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 13:54 PMJohnnyB

Ok...let's phantasize further: I would build 4 faction old Coh2 style, releasing 2 at first and then another 2. For instance, I would release USF and Russia (Obama vs Putin lol) then after one year - one year and a half EU and China :). Eu containing French, Germans, Brits, Italians, etc, as one faction.

Yeah I also though of a similar idea of 4 armies at the start US,Russia,Chine and NATO/EU with NATO/EU just being a generic collection of weapon system with the individual armies per nation being released later as DLC
12 Feb 2015, 16:43 PM

They actually just began the design/production of a new tank line and are probably going to increase defense spending soon. But ultimately modern warfare COHx would have to be NATO fighting NATO because pretty much anyone else has an ever more joke of a military.
12 Feb 2015, 17:43 PM

Cold War 1989.....

I love World in Conflict: graphics, atmosphere, gameplay.
It would be really cool if CoH3 would be about the Cold War. My father served in the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany (in the 1980s), as well as his great-grandfather, he was a tanker.
12 Feb 2015, 17:54 PM

Korea, Vietnam, Iran-Iraq, Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan...would be fun...
12 Feb 2015, 17:58 PM

Well Company of Heroes: Modern Warfare wouldn't at least have to deal with heavy tank call ins.
12 Feb 2015, 18:04 PM

Real modern warfare would be boring as hell. It would all be done from the fog of war with fire and forget weapons, airstrikes and drones...not for me.
12 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

Real modern warfare would be boring as hell. It would all be done from the fog of war with fire and forget weapons, airstrikes and drones...not for me.

So exactly like COH2?
12 Feb 2015, 18:08 PM

Well Company of Heroes: Modern Warfare wouldn't at least have to deal with heavy tank call ins.

Yeah this :p but I would love too see Leopard 2's squaring off against Type 99s or Challenger 2's going up against T-90A's
12 Feb 2015, 18:09 PM

Dude CoH2 is StarCraft WWII edition. US/OKW Zerg blob running rampant like a locust plague...
12 Feb 2015, 18:13 PM

Skill plane spam/call in fuckery is pretty much every were in COH2, drone strikes and other call ins wouldn't be any more or less fun.

I actually agree with AssaultPlazma, it would be fun to have some good old fashioned tank battles in the modern age.
12 Feb 2015, 18:24 PM

The premise of this fictional ww3 would have to involve Poland being invaded for historical accuracy.
12 Feb 2015, 19:18 PM

Its funny many here come up with the terrible japanese tanks from WW2.

BTW the strongest and most advanced japanese tank in WW2 was the Type 97 Chi-Ha.

This "super tank" had 25mm frontal armor......Even the soviet T-70 or the german Panzer II had better frontal armor then these strongest japanese tank.

The Type 97 Chi-Ha failed against the M4 Sherman tank. In WW2 the japanese tanks lost every single battle against the US army tanks or Soviet tanks. With 25mm frontal armor the japanese tanks were often dstroyed by enemy machine guns. The history of japanese tanks in WW2 is a history of complete failure.

Wonder why you never heard of any japanese tank aces? They simply dont exist. Apart from a few american half tracks or Stuart light tanks the japanese tanks never destroyed anything.

I remember reading a book about the pacific theatre. there was a tank battle described. 13 japanese "medium" tanks attacked an american Position. The US army send in a sherman tank. It was a "Duell" 1 sherman vs 13 japanese tanks. Sherman easily won the "Duell". He destroyed 8 of the 13 japanese tanks the last 5 retreated.........very impressive combat statistic.

Japanese tanks had the weakest armor of any WW2 tank and were unable to penetrate the shermans armor. And People want to add These faction into CoH2.

About japanese tanks in WW2: Believe me guys they were just garbage and "stoneage" compared to US or soviet tanks.

Germany was the only axis faction in WW2 that had good equipment on there land army. Japanese land army equipment in WW2 was even worse then european WW 1 equipment.

Instead of making CoH about the pacific theatre better make a game about WW1 because you cant Balance the terrible japanese Equipment against the other factions.

12 Feb 2015, 19:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 19:18 PMAffe
Its funny many here come up with the terrible japanese tanks from WW2.

BTW the strongest and most advanced japanese tank in WW2 was the Type 97 Chi-Ha.

This "super tank" had 25mm frontal armor......Even the soviet T-70 or the german Panzer II had better frontal armor then these strongest japanese tank.

The Type 97 Chi-Ha failed against the M4 Sherman tank. In WW2 the japanese tanks lost every single battle against the US army tanks or Soviet tanks. With 25mm frontal armor the japanese tanks were often dstroyed by enemy machine guns. The history of japanese tanks in WW2 is a history of complete failure.

Wonder why you never heard of any japanese tank aces? They simply dont exist. Apart from a few american half tracks or Stuart light tanks the japanese tanks never destroyed anything.

I remember reading a book about the pacific theatre. there was a tank battle described. 13 japanese "medium" tanks attacked an american Position. The US army send in a sherman tank. It was a "Duell" 1 sherman vs 13 japanese tanks. Sherman easily won the "Duell". He destroyed 8 of the 13 japanese tanks the last 5 retreated.........very impressive combat statistic.

Japanese tanks had the weakest armor of any WW2 tank and were unable to penetrate the shermans armor. And People want to add These faction into CoH2.

About japanese tanks in WW2: Believe me guys they were just garbage and "stoneage" compared to US or soviet tanks.

Germany was the only axis faction in WW2 that had good equipment on there land army. Japanese land army equipment in WW2 was even worse then european WW 1 equipment.

Instead of making CoH about the pacific theatre better make a game about WW1 because you cant Balance the terrible japanese Equipment against the other factions.

I highly doubt if anybody would challenge you about the lack of a Japanese battle tank - but I think this misses the point. In the environment in which they operated, the Japanese did not need a huge battle tank.

And it is the environment which makes me question, if Relic could develop a scenario with the Japanese: the mountain ranges of North Burma are not sympathetic to game design (IMO), with their narrow passes, especially if it involves working with mules.Relic have already stated, per QD, that they do not work well with animal models. Equally, it is hard to see Relic bringing in bicycle units for the Japanese.

The US Pacific Islands hopping, may well only result in thin variants of Beach Assault, or Pointe du Hoc. with Japanese camping.

The Commonwealth retreat from places like Singapore is likely only to be campy; and equally, subsequent battles like Kohima, or the Chindit blocks would also be campy - though they could reintroduce gliders, I suppose, FWIW.

The advance back down through Burma - "the Road to Mandalay" - is small action stuff, and would not involve battle tanks.

Therefore, reluctantly, I see little future in a Japanese faction.

In particular, I do not want to see the OKW fighting on Iwo Jima or Saipan, any more than I want to see a Japanese army on Kholodny Ferma, Semoisky or Langreskaya

12 Feb 2015, 20:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Pacific would work well for comp stomp
12 Feb 2015, 21:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Pacific would work well for comp stomp

It's the best way forward, I agree.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #