Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
12 Feb 2015, 03:41 AM

I think Relic should do Bagration Germans vs Soviets, then release British as standalone for Allies. But late-war Soviets doesn't seem on their radar at all. In fact, they mentioned a Kursk expansion at one point, which is only disappointing as current Soviets (and Ostheer) are already doing that theme.
12 Feb 2015, 03:44 AM

If people are tired of seeing Germans in WWII games they should probably step outside the genre...just sayin'.

Not tired of Germans; tired of Germans getting multiple factions in CoH.

CoH3, 1940-1941 timeframe PLS. So we can have non-German axis factions that plausibly compete and don't wind up with supertank callin meta since Tigers don't exist yet.
12 Feb 2015, 03:56 AM

Not tired of Germans; tired of Germans getting multiple factions in CoH.

CoH3, 1940-1941 timeframe PLS. So we can have non-German axis factions that plausibly compete and don't wind up with supertank callin meta since Tigers don't exist yet.

Inb4 T-34 and KV-1 call-in meta :snfCHVGame:
12 Feb 2015, 04:13 AM

im just tired of WWII as a whole now...... I mean We have COH 2 =, Wargame and a bunch of Fantasy/Sci-Fi RTS games. There is literally not a single RTS game set in the modern day which I find baffling.

I would love too see a COH 3 set in modern 2015-2020 instead

On Topic: Yeah im not really up a THIRD German army....... And to the poster who quoted on last page. If the Japs have 0 heavy armor then expect to never see them in Multiplayer especially Team games.
12 Feb 2015, 04:15 AM
Patrion 14

no!! i love ww2 and hope coh3 is also set in ww2... just saying
12 Feb 2015, 04:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 04:15 AMpigsoup
no!! i love ww2 and hope coh3 is also set in ww2... just saying

So uh tell me where it will be set.... Because COH 1 did most of the western Front COH 2 has the eastern front. AA and ToW covers alot of other key battles. Anything else in WWII at this point IMO opinion wouldnt makle for a practical game be single and multiplayer at this point....
12 Feb 2015, 04:31 AM

Inb4 T-34 and KV-1 call-in meta :snfCHVGame:

4 factions

Base game:
France vs Germany (1940)

Expansion:
Commonwealth vs Italy (1940-41)

• Light tanks actually have a purpose in the game
  • No wunderwaffen which will piss off the SSDasUberFuhrerDivision 4v4-only gamers
  • There will actually be an axis faction that isn't Germany
  • Char B1 call in meta :bananadance:
12 Feb 2015, 04:35 AM

> Silly post <
12 Feb 2015, 04:53 AM
Patrion 14

So uh tell me where it will be set.... Because COH 1 did most of the western Front COH 2 has the eastern front. AA and ToW covers alot of other key battles. Anything else in WWII at this point IMO opinion wouldnt makle for a practical game be single and multiplayer at this point....

africa? india? china? pacific? Italy?

eastern front is still booming with ripe materials waiting to be utilised.

factions wise, i think commonwealth, germany's foreign ss divisions, italy, japan, british army in asia, usmc and us army in pacific, and new russian army etc etc would be really interesting.
12 Feb 2015, 04:53 AM
Patrion 28

im just tired of WWII as a whole now...... I mean We have COH 2 =, Wargame and a bunch of Fantasy/Sci-Fi RTS games. There is literally not a single RTS game set in the modern day which I find baffling.

I would love too see a COH 3 set in modern 2015-2020 instead

On Topic: Yeah im not really up a THIRD German army....... And to the poster who quoted on last page. If the Japs have 0 heavy armor then expect to never see them in Multiplayer especially Team games.

WiC
12 Feb 2015, 04:54 AM

WiC

Cold War 1989.....
12 Feb 2015, 04:58 AM

The early war is near completely untouched as far as Multiplayer goes. 1940-1942 CoH would be interesting because a significant number of early-war units have never been featured in CoH. Just think, the worst AT Gun in CoH2, the M-42, would actually be a very viable faction AT Gun. Meanwhile the Pak 40 would be limited to doctrines if it appeared at all. The T-34 and Panzer IV Ausf. F2 (if it is featured) would be like CoH2's KV-1's and Panthers, the main focus would be Panzer II and Panzer III vs BT's and T-26's.

Designing and playing 1940 - 1942 factions could be a lot of fun, as 1942 was just before the arms race really started to heat up. Tigers weren't deployed until very late 1942 in very small numbers, so they don't need to be included, and if they were, it'd be a (hopefully better balanced) Tiger Ace type deal.
12 Feb 2015, 11:48 AM

Cold War 1989.....
I can see it, the anti German faction of this forum: "Leopard II OP, nerf Germans and buff my T-80."

Kinda redundant.
12 Feb 2015, 11:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

cold war setting would be ultimate campers paradise except you will never get attacked while your upkeep eliminates your mapcontrol
12 Feb 2015, 12:02 PM

I can see it, the anti German faction of this forum: "Leopard II OP, nerf Germans and buff my T-80."

Kinda redundant.

There would be two german factions. One with the Leo on NATO side and one with T-80 on the side of the Warshaw Pact. :D
12 Feb 2015, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 12:02 PMCasTroy

There would be two german factions. One with the Leo on NATO side and one with T-80 on the side of the Warshaw Pact. :D
Blasphemy! Too many German factions!
12 Feb 2015, 12:09 PM

:lolol:
Blasphemy! Too many German factions!

Edit: Yeah, Germans will be ever be the bad guys. Doesn´t matter on which side. :D
12 Feb 2015, 12:13 PM

Actualy a COH 3 "modern warfare" title would be something. Build a WW3 scenario on this game mechanics would be quite interesting. Of course it would be different from COH2 in a more extended way that Coh2 was from Coh1 but it would be very interesting. Maybe less RNG due to intelligent weapons and computerized targeting systems, radars, etc.
Maps will have to be larger I guess because of the speed of aircraft and vehicles, personnel carriers and transport helicopters will be important. Precision air strikes, rocket launching systems, helicopters, tanks, different infantry types... factions ...the possibilities are unlimited.
The idea is scarry though, especially these days, when everybody waits for current crysis to be over.
12 Feb 2015, 12:20 PM

So not cold war but current events?

Main plot: Russian campaign, free Ukraine from the influence of evil westerners. Story told from Alexei Alexeiowitch, who begins to doubt their mission.

DLC 1: German campaign, occupy Greece for not paying its debts.

DLC 2: Introducing the Islamic state! With special abilities like: "Down with them, they insulted my prophet!", Pickup trucks with guns and of course the beard upgrade.
12 Feb 2015, 12:58 PM

So not cold war but current events?

Main plot: Russian campaign, free Ukraine from the influence of evil westerners. Story told from Alexei Alexeiowitch, who begins to doubt their mission.

DLC 1: German campaign, occupy Greece for not paying its debts.

DLC 2: Introducing the Islamic state! With special abilities like: "Down with them, they insulted my prophet!", Pickup trucks with guns and of course the beard upgrade.

:clap:
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight