Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
12 Feb 2015, 20:01 PM

You realize that the KT costs a lot of fuel right and comes later than the IS2? The only thing that comes before it are the Pak43, Panther, and Jadgpanzer, I can tell you right now your going to have some major issues trying to kill a good players IS2 using any of those things (unless he forgot to build any indirect fire to attack the Pak43).

The thing is, once you build any of those you stop yourself from getting anything else for quite a while. So lets hope that IS2 was the only tank they were going to be making this game.

The Pak43 is in some of the worse Ostheer commanders, and the Elefant is going to be cold comfort when it's time to put the hurt on the blobs.

The Shrek is a crutch for OKW for a reason, the rest of their (good) AT is stuck behind large fuel costs. Ones that once you pay your basically going ALL IN with that one particular tank.

To finish, the Zook shouldn't be expensive for how well it preforms at the moment, shreks shouldn't do as much damage as they do.
12 Feb 2015, 20:10 PM

Like I am told all the time about Panthers and Tiger Spam. One needs not KILL the IS2 only push it back for repairs. Its a VP game after all.

Shreks are a crutch because players are Lazy. I loved playing OKW when they had the reduced Muni income. And I am still higher ranked with them then I am with any other faction. This was before they recieved all the wholesale buffs.

Somehow I think they would be OK. As Soviet players have had to do on and off again. Convert Fuel to muni and spam mines ;) Mines plus JP4 is even better then the Old SU85 plus Mines for the Soviets...

12 Feb 2015, 20:17 PM

Like I am told all the time about Panthers and Tiger Spam. One needs not KILL the IS2 only push it back for repairs. Its a VP game after all.

Shreks are a crutch because players are Lazy. I loved playing OKW when they had the reduced Muni income. And I am still higher ranked with them then I am with any other faction. This was before they recieved all the wholesale buffs.

Somehow I think they would be OK. As Soviet players have had to do on and off again. Convert Fuel to muni and spam mines ;) Mines plus JP4 is even better then the Old SU85 plus Mines for the Soviets...

Shreks are a crutch because that is how OKW is designed, you have to pick between 1 of 2 starting HQ's. 1 has light-medium AT in the form of the Puma, and the other as Medium AT in the form of the Jadgpanzer. Then your third HQ gives you the options of: Panther.

So if you go Mechanized to Schwer your going to need to stall till you have 175 fuel to get a Panther if you want a serious counter to mass medium armor/IS2's. If you go Battlegroup you can get the Jadg out earlier than a Panther but it's going to critically delay your Schwer, which is vital to keeping map control.

Plus going Mechanized plus Battlegroup so you can convert and have the Jadg is suicide since your not going to get an Obers out to deal with shocks/rifle blob any time soon. Better pray they don't have mine sweepers either.
13 Feb 2015, 12:29 PM

Funny. When I capture Shreks or Raks with my Riflemen all of a Sudden the Panther (Heavy) isnt a threat anymore. It has to run away with its tail in between its legs and engine damage can actually mean its doom not just a slightly longer repair time....

Well fucking duh. a panther has no AI whatsoever. try the same stuff with a tiger and you get at most 2 shot of tops before you need to retreat.

13 Feb 2015, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 13:44 PMJaigen

I would not give a damn if the price of the zooka was raised and mirrored to the shrek. It will not fix your complaint however. the same zooka is still going to be struggling against the heavy okw armour.

Panther is a heavy and the biggest problem in the OKW roster. Fucking DUH!
13 Feb 2015, 13:31 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 12:29 PMJaigen

Well fucking duh. a panther has no AI whatsoever. try the same stuff with a tiger and you get at most 2 shot of tops before you need to retreat.

No An su85 has almost no AI where as a panther has pretty reasonable AI for a td especially with mg upgrade. The whole reason you have to retreat is because of how strong streaks are.

Imagine playing with allied armour (what a dream ey) which for the most part lack armour vs streaks.
13 Feb 2015, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 12:29 PMJaigen

Well fucking duh. a panther has no AI whatsoever.

Panter have much more AI power (MG34), then other TD in this game.
13 Feb 2015, 15:55 PM

Panzsershreck for Obers? Really?

Yes so they can suppress and pin down IS2s once they reach vet5.:D:lol::banned:
13 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

No An su85 has almost no AI where as a panther has pretty reasonable AI for a td especially with mg upgrade. The whole reason you have to retreat is because of how strong streaks are.

Imagine playing with allied armour (what a dream ey) which for the most part lack armour vs streaks.

So the panther that needs 5 minute to kill a infantry squad in cover is decent AI? mate the bullshit alert just went haywire. any at is going to work against at tanks period.
13 Feb 2015, 18:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not PTRS...not PTRS :banana:
13 Feb 2015, 19:10 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 18:07 PMJaigen

So the panther that needs 5 minute to kill a infantry squad in cover is decent AI? mate the bullshit alert just went haywire. any at is going to work against at tanks period.

A panther doesnt take 5 minutes to kill a squad in cover unless you can upload a replay or a video proving otherwise. Also I never used the word decent but if panther has horrible AI what does the SU85 and JPIV have?

Interesting that you also seem to think shrecks vs Panthers is just as effective as it is vs all allied infantry. You really need to try harder to disguise your bias as it stands out like a sore thumb and its like a broken record.
13 Feb 2015, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 18:07 PMJaigen

Yes.
Exactly.
High speed tank with heavy crush will wait until MGs will kill squad in cover instead of driving over it and forcing them away for MGs to kill them or just road kill them.

The more you post, the more I see a strategic infant in you, which might be the case of why you always have so many problems with everything.
13 Feb 2015, 21:16 PM

A panther doesnt take 5 minutes to kill a squad in cover unless you can upload a replay or a video proving otherwise. Also I never used the word decent but if panther has horrible AI what does the SU85 and JPIV have?

Interesting that you also seem to think shrecks vs Panthers is just as effective as it is vs all allied infantry. You really need to try harder to disguise your bias as it stands out like a sore thumb and its like a broken record.

Look you apparently havent played enough okw games or faced kv-1's or is-2. both tanks are really not impressed by shreks. thats my opinion and its backed up by the stats that shreks only have 160 penetration at long range. so why shouldnt it apply to german heavies as well.
13 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 19:33 PMKatitof

The more you post, the more I see a strategic infant in you, which might be the case of why you always have so many problems with everything.

Brave men using your very expensive AT tank as an AI tank and risk eating an AT nade.
13 Feb 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 19:33 PMKatitof

Yes.
Exactly.
High speed tank with heavy crush will wait until MGs will kill squad in cover instead of driving over it and forcing them away for MGs to kill them or just road kill them.

This is pretty rich coming from you. With so many posts you'd think you would have some knowledge about the game worth sharing. If only you played as much as you post...
13 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

Asymetrical balance by Relic.
Hey, let's give Axis best tanks!
Let's give also best AT.
I guess it's not enough... So let's give them best infatry!

Axis factions are facing medium tanks mostly so let's give them handheld AT that can almost always penetrate front armor.
Allied factions are facing huge tanks so let's give them shitty handheld AT so they won't penetrate it!

:snfPeter:

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 21:16 PMJaigen

Look you apparently havent played enough okw games or faced kv-1's or is-2. both tanks are really not impressed by shreks. thats my opinion and its backed up by the stats that shreks only have 160 penetration at long range. so why shouldnt it apply to german heavies as well.

Funny fact, 160 at long range vs most common USF tank, Sherman which has... 160 front armor!

On the other hand, bazooka with 110 penetration against 200-400+ armor.

Now do math.
13 Feb 2015, 23:21 PM

Asymetrical balance by Relic.
Hey, let's give Axis best tanks!
Let's give also best AT.
I guess it's not enough... So let's give them best infatry!

Axis factions are facing medium tanks mostly so let's give them handheld AT that can almost always penetrate front armor.
Allied factions are facing huge tanks so let's give them shitty handheld AT so they won't penetrate it!

:snfPeter:

Funny fact, 160 at long range vs most common USF tank, Sherman which has... 160 front armor!

On the other hand, bazooka with 110 penetration against 200-400+ armor.

Now do math.

I really wish that you fanboys would read before posting. we are discussing the shreks effectiveness against heavy tanks. now shoo grown up are talking.
13 Feb 2015, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 23:21 PMJaigen

I really wish that you fanboys would read before posting. we are discussing the shreks effectiveness against heavy tanks. now shoo grown up are talking.

Fanboys? I ve played more games with Axis than Allies.
13 Feb 2015, 23:39 PM

Fanboys? I ve played more games with Axis than Allies.

13 Feb 2015, 23:39 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 23:21 PMJaigen

I really wish that you fanboys would read before posting.

Good one. 10/10 for laughs.
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight