Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
21 Feb 2015, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 11:48 AMJaigen

Will you plz top posting shit mate. since chiro already did my work for me i suggest you drop it.

How about you stop talking buillshit about a unit 235MP with Shocktroops armor at vet 5 taking it from the back from 280 vet 3 unit no problem. Vet 5 is broken and my point stands, I hope you show your player card one day so we can see if you are truly play this game.
21 Feb 2015, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 12:18 PMBurts

And get into the top 20, play againts OKW top 10 or so, and then see that volksgrenadier blobbing indeed is a problem.

I played a hell lot of OKW "top" players in 1v1, none of them would "Volksblob". :facepalm:
21 Feb 2015, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 14:39 PMPorygon

I played a hell lot of OKW "top" players in 1v1, none of them would "Volksblob". :facepalm:

I've played you in 2v2 before and watch your replays you post - your an axis player, stop mindlessly defending these issues... its going to get attention from Relic regardless so you might aswel be neutral before you destroy your reputation even more.
21 Feb 2015, 15:57 PM

Porygon and Jaigen, please be more arrogant.
21 Feb 2015, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 11:46 AMJaigen

I hate to say it but no. 2vs2 players and beyond are usually scrubs compared to top 1vs1 players.

Coming from the guy that doesnt show his player card..
21 Feb 2015, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 15:45 PMpugzii

I've played you in 2v2 before and watch your replays you post - your an axis player, stop mindlessly defending these issues... its going to get attention from Relic regardless so you might aswel be neutral before you destroy your reputation even more.

I played all 4 factions and beat Luvnest and Siberian with Allies last week in spite of I am not actively playing this game anymore. The replay and cast is still here.

All you need is learning how to fuck up Volksblob with lolAOE and it is very easy. Vet 5 or not, with screck or not, they still die, so who cares the stupid number of how many incoming accuracy of whatever, infantry just die to those crap and micro can't help against those instant squad wipe. This is the main reason why I half-quitted COH2. The squad spacing of the recent patch is UNACCPETBALE.
21 Feb 2015, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 14:39 PMPorygon

Well, whenever i play someone that's atleast in the top 30 or so, all i see from them is massive blobs of volks + obersoldaten or some other crap.
21 Feb 2015, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 16:40 PMBurts

Well, whenever i play someone that's atleast in the top 30 or so, all i see from them is massive blobs of volks + obersoldaten or some other crap.

My AT's constantly play against amazing allies players who do the same stuff as mid tier players, they just have far far better micro.

The amount of strats in this game is fairly limited no matter what faction you play, what seals the deal and makes you a top rank player is good micro and proper counter play. Some good players make use of not often used units (Sib's use of Ostheer sniper, I try and use Sturmtigers, ect.) which can really help blind side your opponent, but ultimately what's going to allow you to win over your opponent is proper unit placement and preservation.
22 Feb 2015, 03:45 AM
Patrion 28

Sorry buddy but due to the incoming accuracy received bonuses of vet 5 Volks, they will beat vanilla rifles so don't say contrary to that. Vet 3 rifles vs. vet 5 volks is a different story.

tbh i've never tested the situation and i wouldn't be surprised if rifles lost but i suspect the it's a reasonably close battle. that said, i don't think it really matters.
22 Feb 2015, 06:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Vet5 Volks walk all over Vet 3 Conscripts and Vet3 Rifles, despite having a Shrek that also annihilates Tanks. The batshit crazy vet bonuses prevent Volks from ever dieing and the Shreks will eventually kill infantry models.
22 Feb 2015, 06:55 AM

By the time late game hits and you have vet 5 Volks running around your problems are probably going to be a lot more to do with the heavy armor running around the field and not the Volks.
22 Feb 2015, 10:30 AM

Permanently Banned
By the time late game hits and you have vet 5 Volks running around your problems are probably going to be a lot more to do with the heavy armor running around the field and not the Volks.

L2p issue
22 Feb 2015, 10:38 AM
Donator 11

Vet5 Volks walk all over Vet 3 Conscripts and Vet3 Rifles, despite having a Shrek that also annihilates Tanks. The batshit crazy vet bonuses prevent Volks from ever dieing and the Shreks will eventually kill infantry models.

Shreks do kill a lot of infantry models.
22 Feb 2015, 11:18 AM

Every army has a core. That core usually consists of core, basic infantry.

The problem is when your core, basic infantry eventually vets up and has -49% received accuracy while getting accuracy buffs and having a Schreck at the same time.

You will lose if your core infantry will lose out to your opponents core infantry heavily. You will need to counter them with something else then. But there is also armor that needs to be countered too.

And what does your opponent do? He enjoys seeing you trying to counter him in a desperate fashion because he is assured his Infantry will beat yours and you need to invest significantly more units and micro.

Thats an issue. Im fine with Schreck'd Volks, but not with their ridiculous vet bonuses. They need to be toned down.
22 Feb 2015, 19:32 PM

L2p issue

Yeah I agree, Volks are very easy to wipe with indirect fire and the real concern is dealing with the heavy armor OKW produces late game :)

Every army has a core. That core usually consists of core, basic infantry.

The problem is when your core, basic infantry eventually vets up and has -49% received accuracy while getting accuracy buffs and having a Schreck at the same time.

You will lose if your core infantry will lose out to your opponents core infantry heavily. You will need to counter them with something else then. But there is also armor that needs to be countered too.

And what does your opponent do? He enjoys seeing you trying to counter him in a desperate fashion because he is assured his Infantry will beat yours and you need to invest significantly more units and micro.

Thats an issue. Im fine with Schreck'd Volks, but not with their ridiculous vet bonuses. They need to be toned down.

The vet bonus's are no more insane than any of the other OKW unit vet bonsus's the issue is however, they are the only OKW unit that vets up quickly. I only rarely see Vet 5 units on the field due to the fact with OKW you always are shooting at less expensive and cheaper units resulting in slow vet gain, but it's the opposite with Volks.

Still tho it seems like a lot of the people complaining about Volks just don't make use of all the amazing squad wipe abilities that Allies have, 49% received accuracy isn't going to stop a demo charge from sending you into low orbit.
22 Feb 2015, 22:23 PM

Yeah I agree, Volks are very easy to wipe with indirect fire and the real concern is dealing with the heavy armor OKW produces late game :)

The vet bonus's are no more insane than any of the other OKW unit vet bonsus's the issue is however, they are the only OKW unit that vets up quickly. I only rarely see Vet 5 units on the field due to the fact with OKW you always are shooting at less expensive and cheaper units resulting in slow vet gain, but it's the opposite with Volks.

Still tho it seems like a lot of the people complaining about Volks just don't make use of all the amazing squad wipe abilities that Allies have, 49% received accuracy isn't going to stop a demo charge from sending you into low orbit.

Yea, US Forces have some many indirect fire units, and AI mines, not to mention demos in every game :foreveralone:
23 Feb 2015, 00:41 AM

Yea, US Forces have some many indirect fire units, and AI mines, not to mention demos in every game :foreveralone:

The Scott is a literal squad wipe machine, and the priest can ruin an OKW players day easily if you don't sit it super far away so it's spread is huge. The 75mm Howitzer is also quite good, if not as goo as it used to be.

Not to mention HE shells as well, if your talking non-small arms squad wipe potential the ball if firmly in US forces corner compared to OKW, which has 1 indirect fire unit (The ISG is worse than garbage).
23 Feb 2015, 09:09 AM

Shreks do kill a lot of infantry models.

Well, bazooka does it too.
23 Feb 2015, 09:23 AM

Talking about mines, it will be cool to see USF mines for rear echelon. I think they need to be like ostheer mines.
23 Feb 2015, 09:25 AM

Talking about mines, it will be cool to see USF mines for rear echelon. I think they need to be like ostheer mines.

No more stupid Ostheer mines please, Soviet/OKW mines are 100X better.
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS