Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
23 Feb 2015, 09:30 AM

The Scott is a literal squad wipe machine, and the priest can ruin an OKW players day easily if you don't sit it super far away so it's spread is huge. The 75mm Howitzer is also quite good, if not as goo as it used to be.

Not to mention HE shells as well, if your talking non-small arms squad wipe potential the ball if firmly in US forces corner compared to OKW, which has 1 indirect fire unit (The ISG is worse than garbage).

Scott is very good unit, no doubt but in 1v1 Scott may be your third or fourth unit. You can't go for Scott as first one so it can be used only in late game.
What's more, one bad move into Volks areound the corner and it's dead, like all USF' vehicles.

Priest is powerful, I was able to kill even Elephnat with 3 Priests but it has space only in team games. In 1v1 it's a waste of resources. Too much RNG involved, after 1 shell very easy to dodge, very hard to catch moving blob. And like I said, no place for Priest in 1v1. Stuka does better than Priest. So do Katy and PzWerfer.
Priest is only good at killing OKW's trucks.

75 howitzer? Really? You are saying that 75 is good but leig is a pudding? They are quite similar. I find both of them useful tho. Leave it behind lines and you will get 20-40 kills in 30min even without touching it.

Now I have a questions for you.
What is best non-doc mortar? Yes, axis' one.
What is best mobile mortar? Yes, axis' 251.
Which unit has best barrage ability? Yes, axis' Stuka zu fuss.

So please, stop saying that Allies have better indirect. 120 or B4, yes they are better than OST mortar or on map arty but on the other hand OST and OKW jave best non-doc mortar, nad 251s.
23 Feb 2015, 09:40 AM

Scott is very good unit, no doubt but in 1v1 Scott may be your third or fourth unit. You can't go for Scott as first one so it can be used only in late game.
What's more, one bad move into Volks areound the corner and it's dead, like all USF' vehicles.

Nay, it is always my first and second major tech units, and they rape OKW really good.

Priest is powerful, I was able to kill even Elephnat with 3 Priests but it has space only in team games. In 1v1 it's a waste of resources. Too much RNG involved, after 1 shell very easy to dodge, very hard to catch moving blob. And like I said, no place for Priest in 1v1. Stuka does better than Priest. So do Katy and PzWerfer.

Agree, I won't get them, Scott do their job good, I don't need this, they were VERY GOOD in Caen, but not anymore.
23 Feb 2015, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 09:40 AMPorygon

Nay, it is always my first and second major tech units, and they rape OKW really good.

If you are taking Scott as your first unit, you must be very sure of that, I mean, you must sure you ahev enought AT to stop Panther or enough sure you can push back OKW and cut them down from resources.

Sherman is better in few things than Scott. AT ability, can hunt down units, can barrage with smoke OKW' T4, quite good wiping potential, armor (it could get even 50 since it's penetrated by everything all the time :snfPeter: ) but on the other hand, Scott has range, can shot over obstacles, barrage.

It's not easy to figure out what unit you need right now, Scott or Sherman.
23 Feb 2015, 09:51 AM

If you are taking Scott as your first unit, you must be very sure of that, I mean, you must sure you ahev enought AT to stop Panther or enough sure you can push back OKW and cut them down from resources.

Sherman is better in few things than Scott. AT ability, can hunt down units, can barrage with smoke OKW' T4, quite good wiping potential, armor (it could get even 50 since it's penetrated by everything all the time :snfPeter: ) but on the other hand, Scott has range, can shot over obstacles, barrage.

It's not easy to figure out what unit you need right now, Scott or Sherman.

COH2 Sherman 75mm are shit, they really like shooting the fxcking ground, like the Rakentenwerfer.
23 Feb 2015, 10:26 AM

I remember the last time I built a Sherman, it was on a potatoes field at max distance from his target with brick fence in between, around equal distance: Sherman -- fence -- Target.
It shot 3 times in a raw in the fence while his target, a blob of volks manage to hit him 3 times.

Sherman tank, best fence breaker.
23 Feb 2015, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 09:09 AMJohnnyB

Well, bazooka does it too.

the thing is, no one is using bazooka. They are better at killing inf than tanks.
23 Feb 2015, 15:26 PM

75 howitzer? Really? You are saying that 75 is good but leig is a pudding? They are quite similar. I find both of them useful tho. Leave it behind lines and you will get 20-40 kills in 30min even without touching it.

Now I have a questions for you.
What is best non-doc mortar? Yes, axis' one.
What is best mobile mortar? Yes, axis' 251.
Which unit has best barrage ability? Yes, axis' Stuka zu fuss.

So please, stop saying that Allies have better indirect. 120 or B4, yes they are better than OST mortar or on map arty but on the other hand OST and OKW jave best non-doc mortar, nad 251s.

The 120mm Mortar, Priest, 152 Howitzer, B4, ect. These heavy artillery pieces are something that OKW has nothing comparable to, and Ostheer's 105 LefH is literal garbage, it's shell only does sligtly more damage than a 120mm mortar shell.

The best non-doc mortar is not the axis one, it has a higher ROF but is less accurate and the precision shot that the Soviet mortar has can easily be used to wipe infantry squads/enemy mortars, the best mobile mortar is axis I'll give you that, and the best barrage ability is definitely not the Stuka Zu Fuss

If we are talking fuel costing barrage units, the priest wins by just not costing as much. A priest is a call in, and it doesn't fuck up your teching like a Stuka does. And before you say it, yes the Stuka Zu Fuss is good, but it's expensive as shit and OKW should have howitzers/other indirect fire units that don't cost fuel.

You say that you think it's stupid OKW has such a man power float, well why not give OKW something to spend MP on like a non-doctrine howitzer of some sort?
23 Feb 2015, 15:47 PM

The 120mm Mortar, Priest, 152 Howitzer, B4, ect. These heavy artillery pieces are something that OKW has nothing comparable to, and Ostheer's 105 LefH is literal garbage, it's shell only does sligtly more damage than a 120mm mortar shell.

The best non-doc mortar is not the axis one, it has a higher ROF but is less accurate and the precision shot that the Soviet mortar has can easily be used to wipe infantry squads/enemy mortars, the best mobile mortar is axis I'll give you that, and the best barrage ability is definitely not the Stuka Zu Fuss

If we are talking fuel costing barrage units, the priest wins by just not costing as much. A priest is a call in, and it doesn't fuck up your teching like a Stuka does. And before you say it, yes the Stuka Zu Fuss is good, but it's expensive as shit and OKW should have howitzers/other indirect fire units that don't cost fuel.

You say that you think it's stupid OKW has such a man power float, well why not give OKW something to spend MP on like a non-doctrine howitzer of some sort?

Are we talking about 1v1, 2v2 or 4v4? Because in 1v1 you wont see Priest and you will see B4 very, very rarely.

Yes, OST mortar is best one.

Stuka does not have best barrage? Then which unit has?

I have nothing agaisnt doctrinal on map arty for each faction.
23 Feb 2015, 16:05 PM

Are we talking about 1v1, 2v2 or 4v4? Because in 1v1 you wont see Priest and you will see B4 very, very rarely.

Yes, OST mortar is best one.

Stuka does not have best barrage? Then which unit has?

I have nothing agaisnt doctrinal on map arty for each faction.

For cost? The priest, why? Because as I said before it doesn't fuck with USF's teching like the Stuka does. The Stuka has a very long cool down as well.

Again, it's not bad, but it fits in it's place. The stupid thing is that it's OKW's only indirect fire option when OKW should be based far more around MP costing artillery than it actually is.

The Ostheer mortar and Soviet mortars arguably fulfill different rolls, with the fast ROF the Ostheer mortar is good for infantry support, but the Soviet one is good for taking out entrenched opponents with it's better accuracy and precision shot.
23 Feb 2015, 16:07 PM

For cost? The priest, why? Because as I said before it doesn't fuck with USF's teching like the Stuka does. The Stuka has a very long cool down as well.

Again, it's not bad, but it fits in it's place. The stupid thing is that it's OKW's only indirect fire option when OKW should be based far more around MP costing artillery than it actually is.

The Ostheer mortar and Soviet mortars arguably fulfill different rolls, with the fast ROF the Ostheer mortar is good for infantry support, but the Soviet one is good for taking out entrenched opponents with it's better accuracy and precision shot.

Teching has nothing to do with Priest becasue you need to tech no matter what.
23 Feb 2015, 16:14 PM

Teching has nothing to do with Priest becasue you need to tech no matter what.

Exactly, you don't need to tech for the Priest, if you go with Mechanized HQ as your first HQ and you rush a Stuka you will be sitting with out munitions and be unable to get your schwer done for quite some time.

The Stuka is expensive as garden and slow to vet, it's not OP, it's just stupid that you have nothing else you can make instead of it to get allies out of an entrenched position.

(I would suggest people use Sturmtigers more, but it's very micro intensive unit and I'm probably one of the few people that uses it in high level matches).
23 Feb 2015, 16:18 PM

Exactly, you don't need to tech for the Priest, if you go with Mechanized HQ as your first HQ and you rush a Stuka you will be sitting with out munitions and be unable to get your schwer done for quite some time.

The Stuka is expensive as garden and slow to vet, it's not OP, it's just stupid that you have nothing else you can make instead of it to get allies out of an entrenched position.

(I would suggest people use Sturmtigers more, but it's very micro intensive unit and I'm probably one of the few people that uses it in high level matches).

But you have to go for doctrine to get Priest. Give me Priest in T3 and I would love to tech for it instead of forcing to chose doctrine.
23 Feb 2015, 16:20 PM

But you have to go for doctrine to get Priest. Give me Priest in T3 and I would love to tech for it instead of forcing to chose doctrine.

Infantry Company is an excellent doctrine outside of the Mortar HT, there are very many reasons to get it. You love to complain about the Pak43 in combo with the KT, but you have to get a doctrine to use that (a good doctrine, mind you).
23 Feb 2015, 16:25 PM

Lol at people saying that priest is better than stuka zu fuss. Do they even play this game? Doensn't seem like it at all. That's all i can say. Just some balance forum heroes who sprout random bullshit like TIGER SLOW RATE OF FIRE LEL and thinking they can taken seriously.

I am pretty sure than when somebody says that the priest is better than the stuka zu fuss it can be considered they are trolling, or they just dont play the game and just spilling nonsense...
23 Feb 2015, 16:50 PM

Permanently Banned

The 120mm Mortar, Priest, 152 Howitzer, B4, ect. These heavy artillery pieces are something that OKW has nothing comparable to,

WHAT?!?!?

Leave this forum and never return. Your BULLSHIT is getting out of control
23 Feb 2015, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 16:25 PMBurts
Lol at people saying that priest is better than stuka zu fuss. Do they even play this game? Doensn't seem like it at all. That's all i can say. Just some balance forum heroes who sprout random bullshit like TIGER SLOW RATE OF FIRE LEL and thinking they can taken seriously.

I am pretty sure than when somebody says that the priest is better than the stuka zu fuss it can be considered they are trolling, or they just dont play the game and just spilling nonsense...

You're trying to discuss balance with die-hard axis players.
23 Feb 2015, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 16:25 PMBurts

He wants to show us Axis are UP so Relic does not nerf it bat shit crazy to make it more competitive. Right now with Vet 5 broken shit, the game is heavily in favor of Axis after 10min mark.
23 Feb 2015, 17:59 PM

WHAT?!?!?

Leave this forum and never return. Your BULLSHIT is getting out of control

OKW has no static howitzer or mortar, how is stating that these units are not capable of being built by OKW bullshit?

This is the OKW unit guide, in case you don't know what OKW can and cannot build: http://www.coh2.org/guides/18815/oberkommando-west-unit-guide

OKW has a Infantry support gun (which is awful), and a Rocket HT, that's it. OKW's only "artillery" are off map call in's, which are good (except the Panzer Commander one, Idk wtf is up with that mess).

It's not better, but it's an indirect fire unit that doesn't mess with teching in the same way the Stuka does, and has longer range. It's a more traditional indirect fire unit (in the sense that it fires shells with a spread) than the Stuka Zu Fuss. A USF player can normally afford to get a Priest and have it see good use against OKW, while a Stuka is a very huge investment which isn't always useful (except in team games were having 1 player rush a Stuka can be very helpful, especially on Eddlefuck).

Ultimately they are only comparable because they are both indirect fire units in the WFA factions, both have indirect units that are garbage (The ISG and USF Mortar HT), but the Scott and Priest edge USF ahead in the mobile anti-infantry howitzer category.

All I want is OKW to have some on-map MP costing indirect fire units, so I can finally spend this gardening MP float on something that isn't more volks :S

You're trying to discuss balance with die-hard axis players.

I play more Axis than allies because that's what my AT's like to play, but I still enjoy playing Allies a fair amount. Plus if you have ever watched me play I'm really not your average OKW/Ostheer player lol.

In several hundred hours of COH2 since WFA came out, Iv seen exactly 1 Sturmtiger that wasn't made by me.

He wants to show us Axis are UP so Relic does not nerf it bat shit crazy to make it more competitive. Right now with Vet 5 broken shit, the game is heavily in favor of Axis after 10min mark.

I don't think you understand how hard it is to get a unit to Vet 5 that isn't Volks. And since when has Ostheer had the ability to go to Vet 5 :snfBarton:
23 Feb 2015, 18:22 PM

OKW has no static howitzer or mortar, how is stating that these units are not capable of being built by OKW bullshit?

This is the OKW unit guide, in case you don't know what OKW can and cannot build: http://www.coh2.org/guides/18815/oberkommando-west-unit-guide

OKW has a Infantry support gun (which is awful), and a Rocket HT, that's it. OKW's only "artillery" are off map call in's, which are good (except the Panzer Commander one, Idk wtf is up with that mess).

It's not better, but it's an indirect fire unit that doesn't mess with teching in the same way the Stuka does, and has longer range. It's a more traditional indirect fire unit (in the sense that it fires shells with a spread) than the Stuka Zu Fuss. A USF player can normally afford to get a Priest and have it see good use against OKW, while a Stuka is a very huge investment which isn't always useful (except in team games were having 1 player rush a Stuka can be very helpful, especially on Eddlefuck).

Ultimately they are only comparable because they are both indirect fire units in the WFA factions, both have indirect units that are garbage (The ISG and USF Mortar HT), but the Scott and Priest edge USF ahead in the mobile anti-infantry howitzer category.

All I want is OKW to have some on-map MP costing indirect fire units, so I can finally spend this gardening MP float on something that isn't more volks :S

I play more Axis than allies because that's what my AT's like to play, but I still enjoy playing Allies a fair amount. Plus if you have ever watched me play I'm really not your average OKW/Ostheer player lol.

In several hundred hours of COH2 since WFA came out, Iv seen exactly 1 Sturmtiger that wasn't made by me.

I don't think you understand how hard it is to get a unit to Vet 5 that isn't Volks. And since when has Ostheer had the ability to go to Vet 5 :snfBarton:

Considering Volks are your bread and butter unit and reach Vet 5 in minutes the second any allied armour hit the field makes me care very little about any other unit hitting vet5. If a luchs hits vet 5 then congratulations to the other player for incredible micro and skill to get it to that level, it deserves the bonuses it receives - volks don't.

I am confused whether you have even followed this thread at all? I guess the fact you build a sturmtiger in your super high level games means I should just ignore everything and base my opinion of the state of volks with your incredibly neutral statements.
23 Feb 2015, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 18:22 PMpugzii

Considering Volks are your bread and butter unit and reach Vet 5 in minutes the second any allied armour hit the field makes me care very little about any other unit hitting vet5. If a luchs hits vet 5 then congratulations to the other player for incredible micro and skill to get it to that level, it deserves the bonuses it receives - volks don't.

I am confused whether you have even followed this thread at all? I guess the fact you build a sturmtiger in your super high level games means I should just ignore everything and base my opinion of the state of volks with your incredibly neutral statements.

Volks being the only OKW unit to actually ever reliably vet up is stupid and a problem not with Volks but the insane way the veterancy system works and the cost of OKW's units.

Volks are cheap infantry that vet up due to the fact they shoot at expensive things, the Stuka and Sturmtiger vet up slow as garden due to the fact they are very high fuel cost units shooting at only MP costing units (and the fact they don't do much damage killing infantry as they do hitting tanks).

Volks veterancy bonus's make them better against infantry by design, as Volks are garbage against enemy infantry till they receive vet. From a design standpoint the challenge is making Volk's scale more naturally with out making them even worse off when facing enemy infantry or more OP versus tanks.

I brought up my Sturmtiger use as a point that I don't enjoy the stale meta any more than the average person does which Is why I like to use rarely utilized units.
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak