PAGES (6)down
I agree to Quentin's Opinion ?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
82%
Total votes: 194
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Feb 2015, 00:23 AM

Ye it's the weakest faction and i'm going to explain to you, you who think that okw is OP, why Okw is the weakest faction.

The early game is the most important, obers come only after 10 min maybe ?

10 min are an amazing time for get a huge control map as usf and soviet.

1/ Why usf Op ?

Rifle >> Volks
Only mg34s can try to resist to rifle.

M20 have no counter except schrek, but a schrek squad can't be everywhere in the map fast. M20 can also push schrek squad so the squad can't shoot.

( If you go puma, so no obers, so you are dead vs bars or para thompson + rifle )

With rifle and M20 if you know to play, you take a huge control map.
When Pz 2 or obers can come, you can make a sherman.

Sherman spam begin and you win easily before a panther or a KT.

And if panther and with your big control map you can easily surrender him with p-47 spam and 3-4 shermans support by maybe 1-2 at-guns with spam 30 muni.

2/ Why soviet is Op vs Okw

Usf is more Op than soviet, but soviet stay Op vs okw.

Why ? Ofc the early game, first 10 minutes.

Cons > Volks
Only mg34s can try to resist vs cons spam.

When a pz 2 can come, you are able to launch a t-34/76 if you play good.

With a t-34/76 you can counter Pz 2 if he is here and OFC obers.

After you just need to wait your ISU.

ISU for counter inf + t-34/76s + at-guns + bombing run for kill easy his flaktruck VS a poor panther.

He can't make a KT if you kept a huge control map from the beginning to the end.

Anyway that's why Okw is the weakest faction.

USF > OKW

Soviet > Okw

;)

2 Feb 2015, 00:24 AM

READ THE TEXT BEFORE VOTE OFC Keepo
2 Feb 2015, 00:28 AM

Yes, I agree that Quentin needs English lessons.

But seriously, you do make good points. I don't know if I'd go as far to say that OKW is the weakest faction, however. Gratz on rank one of Ostheer keepo, try not to gloat too much about it.
2 Feb 2015, 00:31 AM

Rank is not a proof of something to me, but i think i'm the first, second or third best player of this game, that's my opinion when i see the gameplay of me and others players Kappa

Base on mouvement, micro, tactic choice and strat choices
2 Feb 2015, 00:34 AM

And in reality i think that i prefer to play ostheer vs Usf than okw Kappa
2 Feb 2015, 00:37 AM

No. I disagree. OKW does not need to have the advantage at every point of the game.
2 Feb 2015, 01:09 AM

It's actually kind of funny, because OKW is not nearly as OP as every one makes it out to be, but it sure as fuck isn't the weakest faction. That award goes to Ostheer.
2 Feb 2015, 01:18 AM

Nah i don't find, because mg42s > mg34s, gren > volks + stug e, pak and Tiger at 11 cp, it's like a little KT.
2 Feb 2015, 01:22 AM

Ah!ah!ah! what a joke... and a good one. Rofl !
2 Feb 2015, 01:31 AM

Quentin as OST how much are you crutching on Mechanized Assault doctrine? I actually assume your using it every single game against good SOV/USF players. Try deviate from Mechanized Assault, and to an extent Breakthrough or Elite Troops and you will find your it is much more tricky for OST than OKW.

If you've got replays against good players who you legitmately outplay not using those 3 commanders, please post them.

I've always regarded the faction strength in the following order since Relic has abandoned bugfix/balance patching for AA. SOV > OKW > USF > OST, in order of strongest army strength and their ability to adapt to different maps.
2 Feb 2015, 01:36 AM

SOV > OKW > USF > OST, in order of strongest army strength and their ability to adapt to different maps.

This is especially true when you look at the past few tournament results for 1s and 2s. Ost is easily the worst and Soviets easily the best.
2 Feb 2015, 01:45 AM

quentin if that mechanized assault doctrine didnt exist who knows what ostheer would look like? :D
2 Feb 2015, 01:52 AM

1/ stug e is not op vs usf, M10 counter this tank vert well. 2/ i have already a good control Map before stug e vs usf 3/ i use this doc vs soviet for the little HT for counter shock and it's like a M3, stug e is good because it's better than a Pz 4, why Pz 4 if you have 70 % of the map, and ofc for Tiger 4/ stug e give you a second chance if you have a poor mapcontrol at the begin, but it's never my case. 5/ stug e is cheat on Minsk and semois summer maybe ok. 7/ if soviet take the advantage early game, he is able to launch a t-37/76 who counter very well the stug except in Minsk and Semois summer like i said.
2 Feb 2015, 02:01 AM
Coder Red Badge

Moving this to balance because it's about balance and when it's not in balance it doesn't get filtered out by my Fuck Balance forum filter and I have to read it and it makes me sad.
2 Feb 2015, 02:04 AM

i find okw so easy, honestly... i find usf to be rather lacking in case you dont execute your early game perfectly. ostheer is a stable and solid army but prone to getting overrun. soviets are amazingly good.
2 Feb 2015, 02:25 AM

Permanently Banned
in 1v1's OKW is probably the second best. sov being number 1. due only to cheese strats and call-ins.

Ost needs help though. Odt is the only faction where if ur flanked. every unit on the field must retreat if they are caught out of position. It should be like this for every army. or for none
2 Feb 2015, 02:33 AM

Yeah so you are dependant on the Stug-E to bridge you the time gap between OST T2 and Tiger, this is old news to me. Asides from a couple of open maps where MG42/gren LMG/pak40 lines are easily maintained, it is just a matter of time before USF or SOV overruns you with Rifle/Cons and T70/T34/Sherman.

The Stug-E lets you manpower effectively compete in the midgame infantry war and still get the Tiger in a timely fashion, as opposed to teching and purchasing a single P4 or Ostwind. That is why I can't say OST is better than OKW, because you have to crutch on either Stug-E, Puma or Elite Troops to contest the mid-game without adversely effecting your late game transition.

Your still a good player Quentin, but I have a feeling even if I did this every game this 'noob strategist' could be top 10.
2 Feb 2015, 03:06 AM

Yeah so you are dependant on the Stug-E to bridge you the time gap between OST T2 and Tiger, this is old news to me. Asides from a couple of open maps where MG42/gren LMG/pak40 lines are easily maintained, it is just a matter of time before USF or SOV overruns you with Rifle/Cons and T70/T34/Sherman.

The Stug-E lets you manpower effectively compete in the midgame infantry war and still get the Tiger in a timely fashion, as opposed to teching and purchasing a single P4 or Ostwind. That is why I can't say OST is better than OKW, because you have to crutch on either Stug-E, Puma or Elite Troops to contest the mid-game without adversely effecting your late game transition.

Your still a good player Quentin, but I have a feeling even if I did this every game this 'noob strategist' could be top 10.

I've increased over 1000 ranks using this strat. It's very strong. It's one of the only viable strats though, this forum has already talked to death the uselessness (and how much it is over priced) of OST T3/T4.
2 Feb 2015, 03:33 AM

okw the weakest faction quentin? is that why i beat you with them in 7 minutes on semoskiy winter when you were playing soviets?

okw have the best engies
okw have the best scaling starting infantry
okw have the best late game infantry
okw have the best "medium" tank
okw have the best tech buildings
okw have the best late game

the fact is you don't even need commanders with this faction (unique to them), and can build 2 different unit types and win quite easily. (obers and volks with shreks)

Okw is overperforming and is overpowered at the moment. Just because they're average pre-15 minutes doesn't mean they're the weakest faction
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS