Login

russian armor

Quentin :"OKW is the weakest faction"

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
3 Feb 2015, 16:02 PM

Must be why his W/L ratio is highest with OKW :snfBarton:

What is the point of this post other than flaming?

Dude you spend many hours a day on forums about this game flaming and talking trash, yet you don't even play the game???

Seriously get a life and stop being so rude and ignorant with every post you type.....
3 Feb 2015, 16:09 PM

Dude you spend many hours a day on forums about this game flaming and talking trash, yet you don't even play the game???

Seriously get a life and stop being so rude and ignorant with every post you type.....

If you had few IQ points more you'd realize that my post was nowhere near any flaming, but pointed out that possibilities presented by OZ are simply not the reasons for this thread.

I always keep forgetting that sarcasm is highest, most sophisticated way of showing humor and one need to have some smarts to get it, but that being internet forum severely limits these people.

This post also included some heavy sarcasm and will likely get invised, but I hope you'll be able to read it before it happens.
3 Feb 2015, 16:11 PM

Permanently Banned

Lol, so rude and ignorant? He's stating a fact. Tone down your sensitivity pls, and no ad-hominem.
3 Feb 2015, 16:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

See this guys?

Line in the sand.

Please now proceed as friends? :) ((possible patch today, so you can then have something more fruitful with which to occupy yourselves)
3 Feb 2015, 16:27 PM

Permanently Banned
((possible patch today, so you can then have something more fruitful with which to occupy yourselves)

Patcherino Hypersupremo? Nice meme :snfBarton:
3 Feb 2015, 17:41 PM

Weakest faction in the game is Ostheer.

MG42s get run over by US riflemen. Either it´s smoke or two squads. Or late game bars and .30 cals sniping the MG42 gunners. Thus the essential part of Ostheer is hard countered by the unit it is supposed to defeat.

This leaves you with fragile 4 men Grens (still outclassed by rifles) and T3. T3 is hard countered by a single Jackson btw. T4 is hardly viable.

Which then leaves you with the Tiger. On equal skill however the Tiger is also hard countered by Jacksons. Someone will eventually show up here and complain about the Jacksons penetration, but 240dmg and 60 range still finish off Ostheer tanks faster than balance demands.

Good players might combine their Ostheer tanks with Paks. But a blob of infantry usually just runs into the MG42 defended Paks and turns them against you. Lol, gg kthxbye.

Same applies to Maxims vs OKW.

Sry for the rant, but this essentially describes 80% of the games I played last month. I lost more games than ever as I don´t own the two new factions. Losing most of the games now. Hardly a L2P issue btw as I used to be Nr.1 on the 2v2 ladder for quite a while.

Until the next patch comes out and at least makes MGs viable again I´m taking a "creative break" from this game.

Cheers.
3 Feb 2015, 18:16 PM

Permanently Banned
makes MGs viable again

MGs are still viable. I don't think I've ever not stolen a MG42 I had the chance to before the 10 minute mark playing as Allies :snfCHVGame:
3 Feb 2015, 18:31 PM

What you mean possible patch today? Is this true?
3 Feb 2015, 18:32 PM

The patch today is a bug fix patch. I wouldn't expect anything balance related.
3 Feb 2015, 18:32 PM

What you mean possible patch today? Is this true?

@Katitof

His higher win ratio as OKW points that it's easier to win as this faction/ takes less effort or his opponents are lacking challenge.
3 Feb 2015, 18:45 PM

That's mean only that i losted more times the connection with others factions Kappa
3 Feb 2015, 18:53 PM

@Katitof

His higher win ratio as OKW points that it's easier to win as this faction/ takes less effort or his opponents are lacking challenge.

And thats what I was pointing out indirectly as well.
Its no secret that OKW is strongest faction in all brackets, thats why so many people believe this thread to be weak trolling attempt, because I refuse to believe someone would be that delusional.
3 Feb 2015, 19:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

And thats what I was pointing out indirectly as well.
Its no secret that OKW is strongest faction in all brackets, thats why so many people believe this thread to be weak trolling attempt, because I refuse to believe someone would be that delusional.

I will take issue with you on this, katitof, based on the tables in Jesulin's recent guide on the most recent tourney:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/30293/jesulin-s-road-to-victory

AFAIK, the strongest army is, in fact, the Soviets (used properly, in the right hands).
3 Feb 2015, 19:10 PM

Well, everyone with a clue of game mechanics knows that soviets and to a lesser extent usf are superior because of the early map control they can take, if you have the control from the beginning you have only yourself to blame if you lose it, that said, OKW is for sure the most mongo-friendly faction, it has a low skill cap and can easily win games it doesn't deserve because all they need is a single panther or kt to micro and the rest are volks with shrecks to counter medium-light vehicles and obers against the infantry, no real tacticts needed, all commanders are pretty much viable except the elite armor one, and no need to have combined arms.
3 Feb 2015, 19:10 PM

Yeaaa, I wouldn't put Jesulin and us, mere mortals in same category :guyokay:
3 Feb 2015, 19:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Well, everyone with a clue of game mechanics knows that soviets and to a lesser extent usf are superior because of the early map control they can take, if you have the control from the beginning you have only yourself to blame if you lose it, that said, OKW is for sure the most mongo-friendly faction, it has a low skill cap and can easily win games it doesn't deserve because all they need is a single panther or kt to micro and the rest are volks with shrecks to counter medium-light vehicles and obers against the infantry, no real tacticts needed, all commanders are pretty much viable except the elite armor one, and no need to have combined arms.

Please review the tables in the recent tourney.:)
3 Feb 2015, 19:54 PM

Please review the tables in the recent tourney.:)

I'll rephrase what I meant, low skillcap =/= best faction, if anyone here played DoW2 retribution, it draws a parallel with the chaos faction.

Now OKW is really easy to play, you buy volks, give them panzershrecks and counter medium vehicles, 3 volks is pretty much a very standard opening, transition those to shreks and you got all the AT you need to deal with medium tanks, unless RNG heavily favors your opponent, at this stage all your AI power is transfered on 1,2 or + ober squads, which while expensive aren't exactly a problem to get multiple of them since all OKW squads are rather durable in addition of very low manpower costs to tech up, tech which also grants you healing or a repair station + a lockdown for a whole sector and provides soft AT aswell as pretty good AA.

What do you do at this stage? Well you got for a panther, if you were behind in fuel by loads you can just get a pak43 up and you got covered up even heavy vehicles like ISUs and IS-2s.

What I found though, is that okw doesn't suffer much from low map control as long as they can retain either 1 ammo or 1 fuel point but they also don't seem to get that big of an edge when controlling both fuels, this comes from my personal experience.

Anyway, in conclusion OKW is easy to play with not much counterplay allowed from their opponents as it's a faction that goes by hardcounters following this scheme:

I have no map control, thus I have no fuel and currently need more AT > I buy more volks and equip them with shrecks

I need more AI power, are obers avaiable?, yes > buy obers

And the rest is get whatever vehicle you need, spam of setup teams? Buy a stuka, 34s/85s - heavy tanks? Buy a panther, comfortable with the situation? Go straight for a KT.

Which finally brings to the conclusion where at sub-optimal level of plays OKW is rather hard to counter and requires making no mistakes on his opponent's part to be defeated while okw itself can commit some mistakes (such as losing a few squads even if equipped with shreks) and still coming on top later in the game easily.

On the other hand, soviets and usf, but especially soviets have a large amount of insta-wipe abilities and "cheese tactics" like the clown car with a flamethrower in it, let's say that the top 10 players are able to explot all those insta wipe mechanics that the OKW has no real counterplays to, which translates in heavy manpower bleed, no ammo/fuel control, giving the allied players a massive advantage with overwhelming infatry and tanks numbers by mid-late game sealing the deal rather easily.

Just my 2 cents though :ph34r:

3 Feb 2015, 20:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^^ ^^

I do not seek to deny that at a sub-optimal level, an OKW player may well have an advantage :)

What I was really driving at, was the lacklustre USF in the highest gameplay - which is why most tourney players seem to avoid them. i.e. in the Armored Commander: the absence of Allied War Machine/Calliopes and the Heavy Tank

3 Feb 2015, 20:20 PM

Oh right I see, sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't think usf is bad at all, the only thing they seem to be missing is a reliable way to counter heavy tanks, in other words a jackson with reliable penetration and abit less damage, but that's for another topic.
3 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^^ ^^

np :)

Except....I highly doubt the Jackson is the USF panacea.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS