Login

russian armor

[Tool] COH2 UI Asset Browser

29 Jun 2015, 15:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 14:42 PMCasTroy

I used your amazing tool quite some months ago. But now I can´t find the UI.sga file you´re speaking about. There are two .sga files in steam/.../CoH2/Archives/ directed to UI: UIHigh.sga and UILow.sga, but I am not able to open these files as archives.

Did I miss something?

Are you using the included Archive Viewer?
29 Jun 2015, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 15:30 PMeliw00d
Are you using the included Archive Viewer?

Had some issues with some extractor tools. :facepalm: Managed it with Janne´s map extractor, works fine now! :D
29 Jun 2015, 17:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well, just keep in mind that there is an official archive viewer built into mod builder.
30 Jun 2015, 06:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 17:37 PMeliw00d
Well, just keep in mind that there is an official archive viewer built into mod builder.

I had the same problem when I actually used the official archive viewer, so I thought that was the UI Browser becoming obsolete with the last patch. I dunno, might wanna check that out.

I'll try what he did with the map extractor to see if that works, or if its just my PC being retarded.
30 Jun 2015, 12:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I just used it the other day and it worked fine on UIHigh.sga.
21 Jul 2015, 21:38 PM

Huge labor saver - thanks!
17 Nov 2015, 16:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The download link doesn't seem to work any more. Would anyone be willing to reupload this somewhere? Thanks!
17 Nov 2015, 16:41 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

17 Nov 2015, 18:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks a lot!
4 Jan 2017, 21:07 PM

This probably sounds totally like a noob, but I could use some help with the following:

I would like to extract some images (like icons). If I'm right, this is the tool to do that.
But I have some trouble with the first step in the OP: Extract UI.sga somewhere if you already haven't.

I have no idea how to do that and a small search didn't clarify anything to me. Could somebody point me to the right direction on how to do that? It would we greatly appreciated!
4 Jan 2017, 22:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The file is called "UIHigh.sga" now and you can find it in your "...\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Archives" folder. You need to extract it with the Archive Viewer that is part of the COH2 Mod Tools and then open "coh2ui.gfx" with the UI Asset Browser.

Edit: Janne's explanation below is a lot more detailed :D
4 Jan 2017, 22:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This probably sounds totally like a noob, but I could use some help with the following:

I would like to extract some images (like icons). If I'm right, this is the tool to do that.
But I have some trouble with the first step in the OP: Extract UI.sga somewhere if you already haven't.

I have no idea how to do that and a small search didn't clarify anything to me. Could somebody point me to the right direction on how to do that? It would we greatly appreciated!

How to extract the contents of UIHigh.sga
  • Install Company of Heroes 2 Tools if you already haven't
    • Launch Steam
    • Click Library then Tools
    • Right click on Company of Heroes 2 Tools and select Install Game…

• Launch Company of Heroes 2 Tools and select "Tools" -> "Archive Viewer"
  • In Archive Viewer, select "File" -> "Open" and browse to your Company of Heroes 2 installation directory and select UIHigh.sga located in subdirectory CoH2\Archives\
    • By default, COH2 is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2
    • If you are unsure where your COH2 is installed, you can quickly check the location by right-clicking COH2 in your Steam Library and select "Properties", then "Local Files", and finally "Browse local files".

• Right-click "UIHigh.sga" in the Archive Viewer's treeview and select "Extract".
4 Jan 2017, 22:20 PM

Just run Jannes extractor tool to extract the file UI.sga
Follow the link in my post down there to get it. Open extractor tool and drag/drop UI.sga from ...Steam...CoH2/Data..

After that follow Jannes steps with the UI Asset Browser in this thread.

Edit: Nevermind you´re in his Master´s arms now. ;)
4 Jan 2017, 22:59 PM

I would like to thank you all for the fast response! It worked like a charm with such detailed explanations!
3 May 2021, 15:08 PM

I'm having an issue with extracting the sga file. It gets about halfway before I get an error pop up saying "Error extracting UIHigh.sga: Error reading data for file placeholder." How do I fix this? I just extract it to a folder I made specifically for the sga file.
5 Jun 2021, 20:44 PM

I'm having an issue with extracting the sga file. It gets about halfway before I get an error pop up saying "Error extracting UIHigh.sga: Error reading data for file placeholder." How do I fix this? I just extract it to a folder I made specifically for the sga file.
Same I really need that ui
24 Aug 2021, 15:34 PM

Confirmed happening to me as well
8 Sep 2021, 11:06 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2021, 15:34 PMArtigo

Confirmed happening to me as well

Same I really need that ui

You'll have to extract UIHigh.sga in parts while maintaining the folder structure.
All folders except ui\bin\ in the archive can be directly extracted.
The folder ui\bin\ has to be extracted manually. You'll only have to extract the one .gfx file.
10 May 2022, 07:28 AM

Can this be used to repack SGAs? I need an SGA packer for the second game and can't find one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★