Login

russian armor

Stop Skillplanes Kamikaze

23 Jan 2015, 14:39 PM
Donator 11

Fair point. :)

Mind you, in order to make the game more authentic, the skillzplanes should really also attack their own side! ;)...from the diaries of a young British infantry officer, Peter White, "With the Jocks" (page 148):

...On the morning of 30 January [1945], a visit was paid by a car load of VIPs to look at the front - the General Officer Commanding ('GOC'), Commander of the Royal Artillery, Brigadier, Commanding Officer, and the GOC's Aide de Camp. This coincided with a high-flying formation of American bombers, whose identity was just being discussed by these important people, when the planes released several bomb-loads right around them and slap though the Company and Battalion area, in a volcano sustained ripple of blasting explosions. One 500-pounder recorded a direct hit, but fortunately without casualties, on one of my section billets, making an enormous crater. This accident resulted in a further drop in our cow's milk supply, and we heard, profuse apologies from the air formation concerned to the 'brass hats', though no apology reached to our level...

I know the p47 will shoot at abandoned vehicles, even if they were yours.
23 Jan 2015, 14:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

2k+ hours and I've never lost a full squad or vehicle to plane crash
23 Jan 2015, 15:20 PM
Donator 22

Replace damage from plane crash with stun effect for both vehicle crew and infantry?

+1 this is a really nice idea :)
23 Jan 2015, 15:23 PM

I laugh every time it happens. Even when it happens to me. Its just hilarious.
23 Jan 2015, 15:49 PM

2k+ hours and I've never lost a full squad or vehicle to plane crash

Then you sir are very lucky. I have just under 1k hours (about 995) and I see it quite regular, more recently due to the 2Plane P47's. I always have a Flak Track or Ostwind late game as Okw/Ost just because of that call in, when they get shot down and don't kamikaze in to my units it's a great denial, but sometimes they just want to Kamikaze just so they can get their squad mates to paint their kills on their plane wreck.
23 Jan 2015, 16:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

in my personal opinion i think the impact damage should be lessoned so it does barely anything or moderate amount of damage. right now i feel it has the potential to do way to much damage. should never one shot kill (full hp) a tank or infantry squads no matter how direct teh hit is. that said i think it should still do damage it just does far to much. it not only discourages use of aa from being used. but also when has a amazing potential to impact the game in too big a way. (1 tank, 1 squad can be the end of the game in some cases.)
23 Jan 2015, 16:58 PM

planes falling are mostly fine. its the only effective blob deterrent against ...well we know which faction that is:)
23 Jan 2015, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I've had many, very many close calls with planes. I.e. 3 sherman crews all decrewed and repairing when a plane crashes just barely out of damage range of all of them. But other than those close calls I've never been rekt by a kamikaze plane.
23 Jan 2015, 17:09 PM

Permanently Banned
I like how plane crashes look. Keep them in-game. just disable thier damage
23 Jan 2015, 19:50 PM

In larger games plane crash multiple times per game and often change the course of the battle which can easily lead to changes in the winner. In smaller games this will be rarer but RNG will be more punishing here.

Even more annoyingly the faction with the most planes (Ost) can realiably use them as bombs to hit enemy units. I often use the recon planes as flying bombs. I don't know where they will hit but for 30 or 80 munitions I have a uber dive bomb somewhere in my enemy's base, I will take that any day.

Please make plane crashing less punishing. Although PQ already stated in the last stream it happens rarely and is not really a concern for the balance team.
23 Jan 2015, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 08:58 AMErguvan
If they let you guys balance the game, the game would became a C&C or an AoE. Then why there is a CoH game? RNG is a big part of this game and it s why I love the game. It is ok to discuss this kind of things but I m bored to see always an e-sports hashtag besides an RNG issue.

+1

You guys should take a stuka on their nose, so we'll see if you taking no damage.

23 Jan 2015, 20:51 PM

It might be possible to code plane crashes so that once the plane is "destroyed" by a flak hit it keeps flying until out of bounds then crashes. That way crashes still exist but won't wreck your entire match because of bad RNG.
23 Jan 2015, 21:21 PM

No sorry they must stay! Its part of the Allies Airpower everybody talks about! MVGame
23 Jan 2015, 21:23 PM

God....reading this thread just makes me want to delete my profile on .org.

And to those people who EVER mention "realism" in CoH2, YOU ARE PLAYING THE WRONG GAME.
23 Jan 2015, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 20:51 PMCabreza
It might be possible to code plane crashes so that once the plane is "destroyed" by a flak hit it keeps flying until out of bounds then crashes. That way crashes still exist but won't wreck your entire match because of bad RNG.

I think they fix the plane crash in this way during vCOH, after one patch planes never crashes on troops
23 Jan 2015, 22:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

God....reading this thread just makes me want to delete my profile on .org.

And to those people who EVER mention "realism" in CoH2, YOU ARE PLAYING THE WRONG GAME.

Has the sun gone down over the yardarm? :p
23 Jan 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 16:58 PMmrako
planes falling are mostly fine. its the only effective blob deterrent against ...well we know which faction that is:)

The American faction?

24 Jan 2015, 01:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

That was a quick invis :P
Brace yourselves, flamewars are coming.

Anyone can blob, it's a matter of how easy and effective is to use it.
24 Jan 2015, 01:22 AM

That was a quick invis :P
Brace yourselves, flamewars are coming.

Anyone can blob, it's a matter of how easy and effective is to use it.

Actually I only just got back on the site right now, came to find he quoted me but I don't know what it was he said. Probably better if I don't know.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 20
United Kingdom 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %