Login

russian armor

What would a third German faction look like?

21 Jan 2015, 22:08 PM
Donator 11

I would rather see more commanders for OKW and USF before they begin to design new factions. I came up with some commanders for each side, OKW getting a Beutepanzer Doctrine that uses weak but potent AT and suppression platforms in the form of captured tanks along with a recovery/scavenge vehicle. For USF there could be an Infantry Support doctrine, utilizing Jeeps and mortar units along with a squad of Rangers (maybe) with Bazooka upgrades. Just a thought, don't know how they'd play in game and such.
21 Jan 2015, 22:46 PM

What poverty equipment would that be? Everything out of the OKW inventory feels pretty golden to me.

Well just take a closer look at the equipment. In some cases it is not as noticeable currently in terms of gameplay, but what I see on first look:

-Raketenwerfer
-Volksgrenadiere equipment (they have only regular K98 rifles and no Panzerfaust in the game unlike Grenadiere; they have access to a single Panzerschreck instead though)
-lots of light vehicles and halftracks, using scout vehicles like the Luchs and the Puma or AA-halftracks as dedicated combat units

Now not all of this equipment is necessarily bad, it has its uses, but especially the way it is used is more of a sign that OKW just has to make the best out of what they have available and cannot just use what they want.
21 Jan 2015, 22:58 PM

OKW with some premium commander (jadgpanther,cheap hetzer) looks good enough for me.

now, soviet rework/SU-100/Elite Infantry, US heavy tank
21 Jan 2015, 23:03 PM

Ad the Japanese for a change a faction that relies on powerful infantry and light vehicles but have poor tank selection
21 Jan 2015, 23:16 PM

If you going to make ANOTHER German faction then make one based around the Afrika Corp, large use of AT guns and half track, as well as shitload of artillery.

The Africa front was closed over a year ago by the time CoH2 takes place.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2015, 23:03 PMJaigen
Ad the Japanese for a change a faction that relies on powerful infantry and light vehicles but have poor tank selection

The T-34/76 would roll all over them, and the IS-2? More indestructible than a King Tiger.
22 Jan 2015, 00:10 AM
Patrion 14

So from this thread I learned that :

- people do not want new factions in the game for some reason (why add diversity amirite?) Mentions of difficulty to balance are tossed around, as if the game is balanced at the moment. I completely agree that increasing the number of matchups would completely upset the combinatorics, but that is for the good. The deeper meta, especially in teamgames, would be greatly beneficial for the game.

- people want to see fringe axis armies like Italian, or Japanese, instead of more Germans, for reasons that are also quite unfathomable to me. For all intents and purposes, no other Axis aligned army had a complete roster of effective units that saw battle in a large number that could compete with the current two allied factions as they are ingame without massive fudging of numbers.

- people are adverse to reintroduction of certain Panzer Elite units. Why so? Relic has already shown that even the units that were carried over from CoH1 were completely overhauled. Panzer Elite had actually a better design than Brits, and its only real problem was that it was in fact Halftrack Elite.

We are somewhat running out of German infantry units (Panzerfusiliers totally different from Panzergrenadiers? Really?), some shuffling about and creativity could make at least one more well-rounded German faction, and possibly even two. Oh and another Soviet faction would also be easy.

With a bit different stats, tiering / base building, and abilities, there is no reason why the third faction's somethinggrenadiers wouldn't play radically different and add depth to the game.

Brits and 3rd Axis faction, yes please. It would open up the meta in ways we can only dream of at the moment.
22 Jan 2015, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2015, 22:58 PMUGBEAR
OKW with some premium commander (jadgpanther,cheap hetzer) looks good enough for me. (...)

And it can be done.. at least by modders.

22 Jan 2015, 01:00 AM

New factions wont necessarily unbalance the old game if they are going to be seperated from the old factions. That would also solve any timeline-related issues.

Thus a third german faction would probably be an early war one as opposed to the two we already have.
22 Jan 2015, 01:02 AM

Please, no more Germans. :*(
I would like to see something like some kind of Romanian-Italian-Hungarian army or Japan's Kwantung Army.

22 Jan 2015, 01:03 AM
Donator 11

The T-34/76 would roll all over them, and the IS-2? More indestructible than a King Tiger.

I'm also sure that the US Army and the Red Army did not fight in Stalingrad againsted the OKW. Faction timeline doesn't really matter in terms of MP. Maybe if you consider the weapons that were available at the time.

If were strictly talking factions release the only thing that works in my mind is British and Afrika Korps. Simple, two factions. One little Ardennes Assault type SP thing with the Afrika Korps to keep the Axis and SP fans onboard.
22 Jan 2015, 01:29 AM

Sure but the fact remains you can have early 44 armies using 1941-1942 units fighting King Tigers. The Afrika Korp really wouldn't be anymore out of place imho and might actually lead to idk some variety in this game?
22 Jan 2015, 01:35 AM

Sure but the fact remains you can have early 44 armies using 1941-1942 units fighting King Tigers. The Afrika Korp really wouldn't be anymore out of place imho and might actually lead to idk some variety in this game?
Soviet and Ostheer are 1943-1945, USF and OKW are 1944-1945.

Now then.

If I were to make the new factions, my preferred German Faction would look something like this:

It will also has a Soviet Counterpart, based on a modernized and battle-hardened military:

Both are based on the late-war around Bagration, and are designed to work with each other as well as existing factions. Tweaks to existing medium tanks armour and penetration would also normalise combat between them and the new vehicles, allowing for example the T-34/76 to engage Ostheer Panzer IV without being worthless, but also the Panzer IV to engage T-34/85 M1944s without being outclassed and useless.
22 Jan 2015, 02:07 AM

I wouldn't make the claim Ostheer and Soviets are both exclusively 43 onwards when both make use of early war units. I still really do not see how North Africa factions based around mass artillery, AT guns, and large mobile forces of Half Tracks wouldn't work. It might also help improve balance if both forces are gear towards slowing and disabling tanks then pounding them with artillery helping swing the meta away from all heavy tanks all day.
22 Jan 2015, 02:12 AM

Now then.

If I were to make the new factions, my preferred German Faction would look something like this:

It will also has a Soviet Counterpart, based on a modernized and battle-hardened military:

Both are based on the late-war around Bagration, and are designed to work with each other as well as existing factions. Tweaks to existing medium tanks armour and penetration would also normalise combat between them and the new vehicles, allowing for example the T-34/76 to engage Ostheer Panzer IV without being worthless, but also the Panzer IV to engage T-34/85 M1944s without being outclassed and useless.
Actually Ostheer and Soviets are based 1941-mid 1943 just before Kursk. Kursk is the next major event for ToW.
22 Jan 2015, 02:16 AM

Now then.

^^^ All beautiful in my eyes... :drool:

Some army in some way or another has got to be able to get people on top of some sort of armor. WFA trailer had trolled us earlier on this.

22 Jan 2015, 06:34 AM

Now then.

BT-7 can be replaced by the T-50 light tank.
ZIS-6 on the Studebaker US6 U2

You can also add armor repairer T-34-T, two modes:
- stationary, appear three mechanic (as a repair station)
- Mobile, restores destroyed tanks (need to re-equip the crew)
22 Jan 2015, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 00:12 AMCasTroy

And it can be done.. at least by modders.

I wish its rank compatible, and if there's a panther ausf G remodel or ausf F(my favorite panther variant)I'll donate money for those skillful modders!
22 Jan 2015, 07:29 AM

We don't need more factions in COH2.
22 Jan 2015, 07:47 AM

No, no, no, no, no.... nonononononono *head explodes*

Please don't bring back the Panzer Elite. :(

Panzer elite? No. Units from Panzer elite? Yes.
22 Jan 2015, 07:48 AM

A while ago somebody posted a very nice Concept of the Afrika Korps.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/19183/afrika-korps--armies-of-north-africa

Sounded very nice in my opinion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight