Login

russian armor

OKW Panzer Schwer HQ

17 Jan 2015, 21:54 PM

Why does Flak HQ reliably penetrate allied medium?

PQ- "Why shouldnt it?" :guyokay:

Almost closed the stream when I heard this. Thankfully I stayed around to hear about what he considers a heavy tank for the Americans.
17 Jan 2015, 22:14 PM

Point is, Flakbase can lock down fuel/cut off which means that the whole battle will be around your fuel since you can't send one unit to decap. This thing is killing cut off mechanizm.
17 Jan 2015, 22:22 PM
Patrion 28

it comes out too early and the range ring is 5m short. if it came out 5 minutes later it would probably be fine; especially since it would delay the ridiculous obers and lusch.

although that would also delay the stiger :(
17 Jan 2015, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 21:16 PMacosn

Just don't question why a 37mm gun which penetrated 30mm of armor from 100 meters is doing anything to the frontal armor of an M4 Sherman. Relic doesn't like it when you mention things that actually happened.

Careful boy, you might get banned for saying that. KPKPKPKPKPKP
17 Jan 2015, 22:52 PM
Donator 11

I agree... It locks down terrotory too hard.
17 Jan 2015, 23:32 PM
Patrion 14

i freakin locks down half of the map until late game. in tight maps like kharkov and ettelbruck, they are so annoying. bad design
17 Jan 2015, 23:43 PM

Don't forget its fire radius is higher than it should be.
I think that hq should be only AT to protect okw vs medium tanks at mid game. Its AI should be weaker and no longer suppress infantry.

It's radius was buffed endless patches ago, thy circle that indicates the range just never got adjusted.

18 Jan 2015, 00:27 AM

It's ridiculous on Langres and faymonville
18 Jan 2015, 00:37 AM

I don't think something like that should be part of an RTS game - a base building that defends at best a VP, a muni and a fuel point basically on it's own or with very little support on some maps.

To destroy it, you have to throw basically everything you have at it. In return, the OKW player can control a wide area with it with no effort at all, freeing up all of his units to fight elsewhere. It's unfair.
18 Jan 2015, 01:36 AM

it's really difficult to push off <10 minutes, unless the OKW is not defending the HQ at all. The HQ also has massive range
18 Jan 2015, 02:40 AM
Patrion 27

I am totally fine with its penetration but the range is just ridiculous.
18 Jan 2015, 04:27 AM

relic.
18 Jan 2015, 04:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 22:27 PMRMMLz

Careful boy, you might get banned for saying that. KPKPKPKPKPKP

They're welcome to. At this point Relic needs me more than I need them. The longer they behave like wehraboos and censor commentary asking for historical accuracy on their webpage while something like this- (http://imgur.com/NRI6peS)- was one of their first advertisements for the game.

18 Jan 2015, 08:11 AM
Donator 11

It has the same gun as the Ostwind doesn't it?
18 Jan 2015, 08:45 AM

The impact of Schwer on recon runs is something I hate in team games. It would be tolerable if the Schwer was some kind of optional thing that is one of many viable choices, but it's something taken by every OKW player in every game mode. Usually as their second truck. This along with base flaks has contributed enormously to the prevalence of planes falling out of the sky.

18 Jan 2015, 08:59 AM

The impact of Schwer on recon runs is something I hate in team games. It would be tolerable if the Schwer was some kind of optional thing that is one of many viable choices, but it's something taken by every OKW player in every game mode. Usually as their second truck. This along with base flaks has contributed enormously to the prevalence of planes falling out of the sky.

Yeah, when ever I play against an okw player I've taken to viewing hovering my mouse curser over any air based ability like putting my hand on the lever of a slot machine. It might turn up 777 and the plane gets shot down and lands on his massive volks/obers blob killing most of them; it may turn up 3cherries and my ability goes off like it was supposed to without being shot down; or it may turn up 3skulls and the plane gets shot down and kills all of my guys reinforcing in the base while a herd of plague infested rats swarms out of the slot machine devouring me and the old woman on the stool next to me who was innocently sipping free cocktails.
18 Jan 2015, 09:04 AM

This. I somehow don't want it to shoot planes down, kinda back fires and kills my units.
18 Jan 2015, 09:47 AM

120mm mortar
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight