Login

russian armor

MG42 and others don't need to have reload process for E spot

11 Jan 2015, 10:21 AM

MG42 and others don't need to have reload process for E spot

Well bunkers don't have it AA half trucks don't have it fighting positions don't have it sovet m5 quad don't have it. Why HMGs must have it? No need realism for that things.

Just burst. One by one.
11 Jan 2015, 10:31 AM

Reloading magazines is infantry mechanic.
All infantry share it.

Why do you believe HMGs should not do it?

Because what you've said is no reason.
11 Jan 2015, 10:55 AM
Patrion 28

the other things are either more mobile or more durable and all other HMGs (afaik) have an insignificant reload, baring mg34. it might be an issue with the M2 but i haven't used it enough to tell. lowering the MG42's reload would be an option if the engine could change animation speeds but iirc it can't.
11 Jan 2015, 11:20 AM

Mg42 is shit with or without reload.Just a con-deal to attrite 240 mp and give rifles a free weapon.I call it 'The popcorn-sprayer'
Gxm
11 Jan 2015, 12:07 PM

MG 42 is really underperforming compared to other hmgs, however it still do its job when used correctly and retreat used on time. Lowering the reload time would balance it lil bit imo.
11 Jan 2015, 12:30 PM

Or, we could fix the problem if the MG42 automatically reloaded after an engagement, or if it had a button for it. Because thats really the worst, having your mg in a good position, the enemy blob arrives, it starts reloading after 1 burst...

The technical easyest solution would be a button to reload, or simple make it so that it gets autoreloaded after 10 seconds out of fight, maybe even without an animation.
11 Jan 2015, 14:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Problems with automatic reload thas had been said before:

Engage MG42 and inmediatly pull back.
Count to X number till reload starts
Engage
New MG42
???
Profit
11 Jan 2015, 14:16 PM

Problems with automatic reload thas had been said before:

Engage MG42 and inmediatly pull back.
Count to X number till reload starts
Engage
New MG42
???
Profit

Thats why I said, if it gets a automatic reload, it could have no animation. So basically it just magically gets full magazine again.
11 Jan 2015, 14:59 PM
Benefactor 392

I like the mg42 where it is, it suppresses easily and has a wide feild veiw.

it does what it is intended to do better then all other HMGs in my opinion.
11 Jan 2015, 17:07 PM

Mg42 is a monster at vet 2 and 3. Getting it there is the problem. As soon as it has one star spam the crap out of the incendiary ap rounds. I've had a single mg42 rape blobs if I spot for it. It starts firing after blob is in the arc and watch them melt. It even chews up light vehicles. That said... mg reload out of combat would be nice, especially for the mg42 since all infantry tactics are based around the mg holding the line. The m2 .50 seems more like a cover retreat/auxiliary weapon since it's crew is made of glass. The mg34 just isn't good at much. The maxim can be silly, but that's fine. Even with a tiny arc maxim is great. It can enter any other mgs arc and force it to retreat (silly). The 42 needs a little traverse buff, maybe slight suppression buff (~5-10%). M2 needs a crew buff, the weapon itself is fine. For its price the mg34 is fine.

I'd love to see mgs not suppress when suppressed themselves and unable to fire when pinned. Automatic or manual reload would be good too.
11 Jan 2015, 18:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 12:07 PMGxm
MG 42 is really underperforming compared to other hmgs, however it still do its job when used correctly and retreat used on time. Lowering the reload time would balance it lil bit imo.

+1. It needs tweaked,I've def seen it used to be effective.
12 Jan 2015, 01:46 AM

Mg42 is a monster at vet 2 and 3. Getting it there is the problem. As soon as it has one star spam the crap out of the incendiary ap rounds. I've had a single mg42 rape blobs if I spot for it. It starts firing after blob is in the arc and watch them melt. It even chews up light vehicles. That said... mg reload out of combat would be nice, especially for the mg42 since all infantry tactics are based around the mg holding the line. The m2 .50 seems more like a cover retreat/auxiliary weapon since it's crew is made of glass. The mg34 just isn't good at much. The maxim can be silly, but that's fine. Even with a tiny arc maxim is great. It can enter any other mgs arc and force it to retreat (silly). The 42 needs a little traverse buff, maybe slight suppression buff (~5-10%). M2 needs a crew buff, the weapon itself is fine. For its price the mg34 is fine.

I'd love to see mgs not suppress when suppressed themselves and unable to fire when pinned. Automatic or manual reload would be good too.

I don't need it at vet 2 and vet 3.I need it early to stop hordes of conscripts from closing with impunity on my grenadiers and masses of rifles.Grens to survive need ranged play.Mg42 is supposed to help in that.It can't do jackshit,and if u lose it-gg.Between urrah,smoke,grenades while suppressed,unreliable suppression,bad traverse,poor mobility,zero dmg and risk of being taken..this unit is not worth it at all.A sad end to the best mg of ww2 and perhaps of all time.
12 Jan 2015, 09:14 AM

Or, we could fix the problem if the MG42 automatically reloaded after an engagement, or if it had a button for it. Because thats really the worst, having your mg in a good position, the enemy blob arrives, it starts reloading after 1 burst...

The technical easyest solution would be a button to reload, or simple make it so that it gets autoreloaded after 10 seconds out of fight, maybe even without an animation.

I have suggested the exact same things back in alpha, either reload after 8 seconds out of combat, or add a manual reload button. Nobody cared...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★