Login

russian armor

S-mine launchers

• This thread is locked
10 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM
Donator 11

Some ww2 german tanks launched s-mines from the smoke tubes to provided close defence against infantry, this would be a awesome thing to add for some commanders. (Im expecting it to be as effective as canister shots:D)

Some reading

More reading

10 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM

Honestly I'd prefer this as a vet ability to replace Combat Blitz. Combat Blitz just feels like Relic ran out of ideas and took the idea of a panzer warp drive to heart.
10 Jan 2015, 11:05 AM
Donator 11

Honestly I'd prefer this as a vet ability to replace Combat Blitz. Combat Blitz just feels like Relic ran out of ideas and took the idea of a panzer warp drive to heart.

That would be indeed a good idea, just add blitz to some doc maybe so it will not be removed from the game.

Or replace blitz with s-mine launchers only for heavies
10 Jan 2015, 11:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I can imagine there would be a bunch of broken things you could do with it- anyone fancy s-mining conscripts coming in to AT nade? driving round to the bridge of semois and mining off the bridge to nail every retreating squad? driving into the enemy base and putting s-mines around the HQ? :D
10 Jan 2015, 11:12 AM

If any ability is the result of Relic running out of ideas, it's the point capturing ability of Soviet tanks. DansGame

Point capturing makes sense on a T-70, but an IS-2? OpieOP
10 Jan 2015, 11:14 AM

Axis tanks have enough going for them in terms of defense.
Nothing more is needed.
10 Jan 2015, 12:14 PM

Is this not already a vet ability for the Sturmtiger?
10 Jan 2015, 12:38 PM
Donator 11

I can imagine there would be a bunch of broken things you could do with it- anyone fancy s-mining conscripts coming in to AT nade? driving round to the bridge of semois and mining off the bridge to nail every retreating squad? driving into the enemy base and putting s-mines around the HQ? :D

They explode in mid air/when landed, they don't land and stay there :P
10 Jan 2015, 12:54 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 12:14 PMtybo

Nope. The Sturmtiger can throw ONE weak grenade.

On topic: S-mine launchers would definitely be a lot of fun. I don't know how much damage those s-mines would deal but if a tank could just drive straight up to an ATG and wipe it with mines...:thumbsup:

How much range would these S-mines have? How large is the affected area?
10 Jan 2015, 13:13 PM
Donator 11

Nope. The Sturmtiger can throw ONE weak grenade.

On topic: S-mine launchers would definitely be a lot of fun. I don't know how much damage those s-mines would deal but if a tank could just drive straight up to an ATG and wipe it with mines...:thumbsup:

How much range would these S-mines have? How large is the affected area?

Aoe around the tank, or in front of the tank only, i think it should chop off 50% of the soldiers health who are in the aoe, this would then make it good for forcing a reatreat on already weakended squads chasing it.

The effective range should be relatively close to the tank, but i would like to see some light damage done to nearby squads aswell.

I also think it should do damage to friendly squads, making it more of a lonely tank defence weapon.

Cost could be about 50-80 munitions, depending how effective it is.
10 Jan 2015, 16:14 PM

Naaah. First of all combat blitz is awesome (and kinda OP). But this will turn the already powerful axis armor to human meat grinders. Then I would just mindlessly move my Tanks in the middle of blobs or ATGs, Pop a S-mine and troll around the map :bananadance:

10 Jan 2015, 21:31 PM

I don't think you understand, the tanks didn't plant the S-Mines, the crewmen put S-Mines in the smoke launchers. When enemy infantry got too close to the tank, the S-Mines launched out of the tubes and exploded in the air. It was like an improvised airburst grenade defense.
10 Jan 2015, 22:01 PM

Give us the S-Mine Launcher from the CoH 1 Tiger Ace Campaign. Yeah
10 Jan 2015, 22:02 PM

Give us the S-Mine Launcher from the CoH 1 Tiger Ace Campaign. Yeah

Give that with CoH1 tiger ace frequent engine breakdowns as well.
10 Jan 2015, 22:15 PM

S-Mines launchers = explode on impact mines. like the one in the Tiger Ace campaign in coh1.
10 Jan 2015, 22:33 PM

Might as well have every vehicle and tank coated in Zimmerit because if you want to simply drive into infantry and blow them all up, you might as well not be stopped from doing so. -_-
10 Jan 2015, 23:49 PM

It would be nice if you had a option of upgrading your tanks with then in a doctrine, and once upgraded they couldn't use smoke or blitz. This would make Ostheer T3 far better against USF.
11 Jan 2015, 00:30 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 12:14 PMtybo

sort of. it throws a very short ranged grenade that has a AoE of about 1 model. it's mostly just shit but it can be a little useful if only facing a single squad. the cooldown is pretty short.
11 Jan 2015, 01:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 22:02 PMKatitof
Give that with CoH1 tiger ace random engine breakdowns as well.

Yeah we need more RNG in this game. Praise RNGesus :snf:
11 Jan 2015, 01:51 AM

Might as well have every vehicle and tank coated in Zimmerit because if you want to simply drive into infantry and blow them all up, you might as well not be stopped from doing so. -_-

Zimmerit doesn't blow up infantry, it's paint... :huh:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS