Login

russian armor

Long range faction imbalance killing gameplay

4 Jan 2015, 19:53 PM

Your problem is OKW. It's a shit faction that's killing virtually every mode of the game due do it's noob2win tactics. Spam volks, deploy flak building, schreck up volks, blob obers and volks, then wait until you get a heavy.
4 Jan 2015, 19:56 PM

Maybe if OKW had more tanks worth getting than Heavies? Give a faction very little fuel and they are going to spend in a game changer, not just a unit that will still leave things balanced on a razor edge. Give OKW some medium/mid cost tanks and trust me you will see players expending more manpower on tanks rather than just saving and blobing infantry.

The counters to OKW out there are insane, 120 mm mortar, priest, Scott, HE Sherman, Bulldozer, maxim spam, AT gun spam, B4, 152 mm howitzer, ect. Just because it's hard to kill a KT doesn't mean the faction is unbeatable.
4 Jan 2015, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 19:04 PMbogeuh
fallshirms at max range have lots of dps yes

all axis are stong at range

ostheer with 3x lmg grens and 2x shrecked panzergrens would do the same to you in that situation

and why are you on the muni vp in that fase of the game

stick with one of your teammates and focus on the other map side where the fuel is.

only thing i agree with is that good long range dps is easier than trying to close in without losing to much men to do dmg

if you want to sit on a vp and defend it, you should play axis/ostheer, they are made for that

if you want to play allies, you must win fast, in 4v4 that means attacking together with a teammate

Why i was there, because i denied them 2 mun points + 1 vp and we had both fuel... 3 others were defending the fuel points. But that not the point here. Too much dps at range is.
4 Jan 2015, 21:25 PM

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallschirmj%C3%A4gergewehr_42

That thing has a pudding scope, of course falls are deadly on long range. And you were outnumbered, 3 fallschirmjäger squads wipe 3 infantry squads like nothing, the AT-guns do nothing against Inf, and the 3 volks vs the AA HF?
How can you think you should have won? Serious question without trying to be offensive. 6 inf squads against 3 inf, 2 AT and 1 light vehicle...

I never said i should have won... plz read again.. i said i should have killed something...

If i had a zis gun or a mortar... Us faction has nearly nothing (a light arty) to fight such blob before having scots or Shermans and we are supposed to win fast...

Thanks
4 Jan 2015, 21:46 PM

Maybe if OKW had more tanks worth getting than Heavies? Give a faction very little fuel and they are going to spend in a game changer, not just a unit that will still leave things balanced on a razor edge. Give OKW some medium/mid cost tanks and trust me you will see players expending more manpower on tanks rather than just saving and blobing infantry.

Why medium? OKW have Puma (better then any ally medium) and Luchs (AI Lux). If you want medium, you can chose Elite tanks commander and you get two medium tanks.
4 Jan 2015, 21:49 PM

Hi friends,

First, i would like to wish you all a very good and healthy 2015 year !!

My point now :(VS OKW, i had chosen LT, bazooka, flak then major) Map was Steppes at the munition's victory point

A blob of 3 OKW volks with shrecks + 3 OKW Fallschirmjäger were able to wipe easily 2 vet 1 US rifles + 1 LT + 2 support troops + US flak halftrack + 2 US at-gun without losing anyone just by standing out of range of anything while killing everything. Other the retreat, i did not have any options ? So did prefer to watch my units getting wiped to see what happening and learn something. All my troops were spread just in front of the flak to spot for it.

My infantry died without being able to kill anything then my flak followed by the at-guns.(no grenades were involved)

A Sherman would have helped but the major was still in construction.

Previously, i won't all engagements in that game without losing any units...

I conclude that i should i won that engagement or at least kill most of them with some loss.
But the range factor permitted them to kill all my units very quickly without being able to riposte...

This is <(infantry range combat imbalance) the most broken aspect of the game and when its use spread, it will kill the game itself.

Relic we need you !!!!!!

Thanks

Comments ?

Now tell me again you did not say that you should have won... -.-
4 Jan 2015, 21:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Even if you are outmatched, losing squads outside of squad wipes from explosions is a huge L2P issue. So yeah you just aren't that good.
4 Jan 2015, 22:11 PM

Now tell me again you did not say that you should have won... -.-

I said 2 things, read again....

1-Other the retreat, i did not have any options ?

2- I conclude that i should i won that engagement or at least kill most of them with some loss.
But the range factor permitted them to kill all my units very quickly without being able to riposte...

I stay there just to see how that would resolve because everybody say long range is imbalanced, so i wanted to see with my own eyes.

My concern here is to make the game more fun and/or at least balanced enough to want to play Allies in 4vs4.

Don't see it as an attack on you favorite faction/units.

The long rang blob sickness is killing the game slowly, so remedies must me considered.

Thanks.
4 Jan 2015, 22:17 PM

I said 2 things, read again....

1-Other the retreat, i did not have any options ?

2- I conclude that i should i won that engagement or at least kill most of them with some loss.

I stay there just to see how that would resolve because everybody say long range is imbalanced, so i wanted to see with my own eyes.

My concern here is to make the game more fun and/or at least balanced enough to want to play Allies in 4vs4.

Don't see it as an attack on you favorite faction/units.

The long rang blob sickness is killing the game slowly, so remedies must me considered.

Thanks.

Blobs are retarded...ok, once balanced this will be over

Soviet Snipers, they break the "faction range" rule....OKW cannot counter them....so?

Tell me how Wehrmacht was a short-mid range faction in COH 1, this isn't new unless we want every faction to be effective at the same range.

Also, don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.....against OKW you CANNOT win fights on equel terms or with standard tactics.
4 Jan 2015, 22:21 PM

Even if you are outmatched, losing squads outside of squad wipes from explosions is a huge L2P issue. So yeah you just aren't that good.

Read my post again... you did not understood it or i didn't expressed myself well enough.

It's a case study, i could have retreat, but i want to see the end result to discuss it.

I was outmatched in mp, i was aware of that. But my units should not have been wiped so easily, so quickly.

That where the problem is. They wiped me for afar while being under fire by a flak HT. i even focus to kill one enemy at the time, but that was to fast. Way to fast.

It's ***broken***. long range infantry DPS must be tone down at least 25-40% (depending on unit) to be in line with the rest of the game system.

TY.
4 Jan 2015, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 21:46 PMAradan

Why medium? OKW have Puma (better then any ally medium) and Luchs (AI Lux). If you want medium, you can chose Elite tanks commander and you get two medium tanks.

Because it's not OKW late game or early game that's weird, it's mid game. Early game plenty of people will drop fuel on a Puma, Stuka, or Flak Trak. But after that your options at what get are very limited and mediums would encourage OKW players to spend fuel mid game.

And the Elite Armored doctrine is the worst OKW doctrine, yeah PIV's are cool, just not for 210 fuel and at such a higher CP.
4 Jan 2015, 22:25 PM

I kinda know what youre trying to say, but the example you are using does not in any way bring over your point. The example is stupid, and distracts from the discussion you are trying to start!
4 Jan 2015, 22:26 PM

Blobs are retarded...ok, once balanced this will be over

Soviet Snipers, they break the "faction range" rule....OKW cannot counter them....so?

Tell me how Wehrmacht was a short-mid range faction in COH 1, this isn't new unless we want every faction to be effective at the same range.

Also, don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.....against OKW you CANNOT win fights on equel terms or with standard tactics.

Thanks for the advice.

Aside of snipers units, long range inf dps must fall in line. As it is, it's way to good, So good that it make others ways to fight irrelevant.
4 Jan 2015, 22:27 PM

I kinda know what youre trying to say, but the example you are using does not in any way bring over your point. The example is stupid, and distracts from the discussion you are trying to start!

Yawn....
4 Jan 2015, 22:28 PM

Permanently Banned

Read my post again... you did not understood it or i didn't expressed myself well enough.

It's a case study, i could have retreat, but i want to see the end result to discuss it.

I was outmatched in mp, i was aware of that. But my units should not have been wiped so easily, so quickly.

That where the problem is. They wiped me for afar while being under fire by a flak HT. i even focus to kill one enemy at the time, but that was to fast. Way to fast.

It's ***broken***. long range infantry DPS must be tone down at least 25-40% (depending on unit) to be in line with the rest of the game system.

TY.

You don't think 3 440 manpower squads should do a lot of damage to your guys? Plus volks???? 25-40% now I really understand that you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't want some tweak you just want squads that cost more than yours to lose just because you can't micro manage your force enough to go without losing squads to bullet fire, hell even I could win vs a few volks and 3 fallschirmjagers with a few rifles a LT with the AA halftrack. L2P please.
4 Jan 2015, 22:28 PM

Yawn....

Start a new thread without your example! :)
4 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM

Agree, a major fault of OKW's design was a resource penalty and no cheap armour like Panzer IV Ausf. J's or StuG III Ausf. G's. Instead you get a faction who's meta is to blob AT and grab a Panther then go for a King Tiger. But somehow expensive vehicles, resource penalty, and very blobbable infantry sounded good on the drawing board, and we got OKW.
4 Jan 2015, 22:36 PM

You don't think 3 440 manpower squads should do a lot of damage to your guys? Plus volks???? 25-40% now I really understand that you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't want some tweak you just want squads that cost more than yours to lose just because you can't micro manage your force enough to go without losing squads to bullet fire, hell even I could win vs a few volks and 3 fallschirmjagers with a few rifles a LT with the AA halftrack. L2P please.

I wont discuss with someone who can't understand basic stuff,is insolent and did not read or could understood the post.

Please. Go troll elsewhere.
4 Jan 2015, 23:05 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 19:53 PMKhan
Your problem is OKW. It's a shit faction that's killing virtually every mode of the game due do it's noob2win tactics. Spam volks, deploy flak building, schreck up volks, blob obers and volks, then wait until you get a heavy.

A man who knows wat needs to be said

+1
4 Jan 2015, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 19:53 PMKhan

I had a thread locked on here for daring to tout such an idea as boycotting OKW games with 3+ OKW players....

A game breaking faction that is ruining anyone's enjoyment if they want to play Allies with more than 1 mate....

Was it really such a outlandish idea....

Answers on a post card plz.

(PS I already have a "Wish you where here in L2P" one so you can just go ahead and send that to someone else.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 868
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment