Login

russian armor

Long range faction imbalance killing gameplay

4 Jan 2015, 16:02 PM

Hi friends,

First, i would like to wish you all a very good and healthy 2015 year !!

My point now :(VS OKW, i had chosen LT, bazooka, flak then major) Map was Steppes at the munition's victory point

A blob of 3 OKW volks with shrecks + 3 OKW Fallschirmjäger were able to wipe easily 2 vet 1 US rifles + 1 LT + 2 support troops + US flak halftrack + 2 US at-gun without losing anyone just by standing out of range of anything while killing everything. Other the retreat, i did not have any options ? So did prefer to watch my units getting wiped to see what happening and learn something. All my troops were spread just in front of the flak to spot for it.

My infantry died without being able to kill anything then my flak followed by the at-guns.(no grenades were involved)

A Sherman would have helped but the major was still in construction.

Previously, i won't all engagements in that game without losing any units...

I conclude that i should i won that engagement or at least kill most of them with some loss.
But the range factor permitted them to kill all my units very quickly without being able to riposte...

This is <(infantry range combat imbalance) the most broken aspect of the game and when its use spread, it will kill the game itself.

Relic we need you !!!!!!

Thanks

Comments ?

Edit: ( I try to find the replay, but as it wasn't my last game played, it not available.)
4 Jan 2015, 16:14 PM

First issue : Steppes ---> Long range map, with barely any ambush opportunities outside the forest area.
Second issue : 3v3 / 4v4. Sigh.
Third issue : US AT guns cant do anything vs infantry, 3 Volk Schrecks will sneeze at the halftrack, "support troops" what is that supposed to mean (rear echelon? lol).

2 Rifles and 1 LT are leftover. Against 3 Volks and 3 Falls. Big, big L2P issue.
4 Jan 2015, 16:18 PM

First issue : Steppes ---> Long range map, with barely ambush opportunities outside the forest area.
Third issue : US AT guns cant do anything vs infantry, 3 Volk Schrecks will sneeze at the halftrack, "support troops" what is that supposed to mean (rear echelon? lol).

2 Rifles and 1 LT are leftover. Against 3 Volks and 3 Falls. Big, big L2P issue.

What he said. OP you do realise that you where badly outnumbered in terms of mp there.
4 Jan 2015, 17:10 PM
Senior Editor Badge

4 Jan 2015, 17:22 PM
4 Jan 2015, 17:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Even if you were at "disadvantage", you could have:

-Use the extra range (5) of the AA HT to kite the shreck squads. Kept firing with any of your units to mantain them supress.
-If those support guys were RE, you could have use Volley fire to supress other squads.

Basically you missmicro your AA HT.
4 Jan 2015, 17:38 PM

Fallsch are far worse than Obers and blow over in a harsh wind, if you want to punish the OKW blob get a mobile howitzer and scott. Don't expect to beat OKW in an infantry battle when OKW's entire gimmick is elite infantry/light armor and heavy tanks.
4 Jan 2015, 17:53 PM

LMG grens > Obersoldaten > doctrinal LMG riflemen , Soviets dont even have a long range elite troop. Indeed very imbalanced.
4 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

LMG grens > Obersoldaten > doctrinal LMG riflemen

WHAT?! :lol:
4 Jan 2015, 18:25 PM

First issue : Steppes ---> Long range map, with barely any ambush opportunities outside the forest area.

Thanks for the noob's comments... plz go troll elswhere

thanks
4 Jan 2015, 18:36 PM

Hey people plz try the setup before making non sense comments... it went so fast my flak did not had time to kill or suppress before all my inf were dead. Fall long range is the point here. Yes i could have saved nearly all my troops, that not the problem here, i stayed to see the outcome. My infantry force should have given the flak the time to make the diff but they were wiped so fast (1 lt+ 2 vet 1 inf + 2 support troops) Its not normal, its game breaking.

I've been playing that family of game since the introduction of COH1 beta. I'know when i see a broken system.

This one is a huge aberration. Enough to be game breaking if abused by too many.

Thanks.
4 Jan 2015, 18:37 PM

Comments ?

Try to flank next time. [sarcasm]

Seriusly - I posted this about year or so ago. No reaction.

So the only thing you can do - enjoy your masochism then playing as Allies. Or turn to Axis and elarge your penis without tabs.

MVGame
4 Jan 2015, 18:37 PM

Fallsch are far worse than Obers and blow over in a harsh wind, if you want to punish the OKW blob get a mobile howitzer and scott. Don't expect to beat OKW in an infantry battle when OKW's entire gimmick is elite infantry/light armor and heavy tanks.

The major was still in construction.
4 Jan 2015, 18:39 PM

Even if you were at "disadvantage", you could have:

-Use the extra range (5) of the AA HT to kite the shreck squads. Kept firing with any of your units to mantain them supress.
-If those support guys were RE, you could have use Volley fire to supress other squads.

Basically you missmicro your AA HT.

Out of range for volley fire. My infantry was decimated so quickly... too quickly.
4 Jan 2015, 18:40 PM

Try to flank next time. [sarcasm]

Seriusly - I posted this about year or so ago. No reaction.

So the only thing you can do - enjoy your masochism then playing as Allies. Or turn to Axis and elarge your penis without tabs.

MVGame

LOL
4 Jan 2015, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 16:18 PMJaigen

What he said. OP you do realise that you where badly outnumbered in terms of mp there.

I know that, but my infantry died too quickly to be ok, AND they wiped all my squads while being fired by a flak HT.

All my production (but the investment for major) was there, since previously i didn't have any loss.(had won all previous engagements)
4 Jan 2015, 19:04 PM

fallshirms at max range have lots of dps yes

all axis are stong at range

ostheer with 3x lmg grens and 2x shrecked panzergrens would do the same to you in that situation

and why are you on the muni vp in that fase of the game

stick with one of your teammates and focus on the other map side where the fuel is.

only thing i agree with is that good long range dps is easier than trying to close in without losing to much men to do dmg

if you want to sit on a vp and defend it, you should play axis/ostheer, they are made for that

if you want to play allies, you must win fast, in 4v4 that means attacking together with a teammate

4 Jan 2015, 19:07 PM

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallschirmj%C3%A4gergewehr_42

That thing has a pudding scope, of course falls are deadly on long range. And you were outnumbered, 3 fallschirmjäger squads wipe 3 infantry squads like nothing, the AT-guns do nothing against Inf, and the 3 volks vs the AA HF?
How can you think you should have won? Serious question without trying to be offensive. 6 inf squads against 3 inf, 2 AT and 1 light vehicle...
4 Jan 2015, 19:29 PM

The major was still in construction.

My point still stands, personally I would have not engaged until I had a major out or a mobile howitzer to push his blob. Or at the very least a AA HT to suppress the blob. Personally you would have been even more fucked if the OKW player had decided to make Obers or Jaegar.
4 Jan 2015, 19:51 PM

LOL

How fast is you APM? You can try to face blobs with smoke from rifles, and then predicted grenades then they will move into the smoke. Yep, sounds crazy, but it works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Australia 7
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak