Login

russian armor

Off the top off my head Balance Fantasy

4 Jan 2015, 10:31 AM

Already nerfed volks,KT,fuel income from cache,plus increased MP cost of trucks.Not sure nerfing obers too at the same time is wise,problems vs shocks.But muni cost for lmg maybe ..not sure.
In general i didn't touch elite infantry fighting power(except adjustment to reinforce cost) in any factions,only to pzgren which was 'elite' only in name and has trouble beating vetted conscripts often.

Yeah I get that, I just feel that lmg34 that they carry when dropped makes any unit carry it a mini Ober aka vet 3 conscripts, which is a bit wrong that one weapon can turn units into terminators. The whole units damage output practically relies on that mg34, I feel that the squads damage should be distributed better and not reliant on the mg34, as well as the Obers not just being a 4 man sniper squad.
4 Jan 2015, 11:02 AM

I would prefer no change to the Wehr sniper and the Sov sniper changed to 1-man. The Sov 2-man sniper is just far too easy to get high amounts of vet on (hard to kill, especially early game), and makes sniper fights incredibly one sided (Wehr sniper misses = dead, Sov Sniper misses = retreat). I would like to see the Sov sniper brought to 1-man along with the removal of sprint.

Basically, make it closer to the US vs. Wehr snipers of CoH1; they're very similar with minor differences to how their vet works.

Dear god no.

Dear god no.

Yeah I think if you using Wehr sniper alone against the Sov sniper you doing it wrong, anyway there is asymmetry of balance to take into to account, soviets have 2 man snipers generally to compensate against better infantry and weapons teams. Reduce the squad to one and you'll have the sniper being sniped by Obersoldaten or grenadiers with with or without g43s or Jaeger infantry and anyway its better to get scout cars or troops in a 250 track to hunt them down.
4 Jan 2015, 11:17 AM

USF:

Bazooka stil useless, no matter if it's cheaper.
No nefr for Paras with double LMGs?
No nerf for LMGs at all?
We all know Relic won't implement any "tanks upgrades" so it's pointless to think about something like this.

OKW:
No nerf for Obers?
KT front is OK. Just give allies better AT options.
Nerfing long range acc is a one way but we will still face blobs.
I would rather see different options like MP40 or MP44 upgrade for Volks (OKW lacks of close-combat units) and fausts (this has to come with raketen buff).
Schrecks could be used by Stormpios OR reduce Obers cost to 350, reinforce to 35 and give them 90 muni upgrade for LMG or 120 muni upgrade for double schreck. Elite infatry with elite weapon is more welcome than shit infantry with elite weapon.
Whole veterancy system is broken. Vet 5 Volks with better survablity than vet 3 Shocks...

Ability to deploy Pak43 and King Tiger is a bit broken in my opinion...
King Tiger should is a reward for teching.
If it is reward, all faction should get something similar for technig.
Otherwise make it doctrinal. Panzer IV form HQ after converting 2 trucks is a nice option or Panzer 3 after 1 truck.
(but we know Relic won't do anything with it).

Ostheer:
Just switch teching cost with buildings cost so you can tech really cheap and skip Pz4 for Tier 4.

Soviets:
No guards buff? Thery are useless right now. Give back old button, buff DP gun or give PTRS chance for crit or something.
IS armor is fine (just like KT's).
50% increased time to build Maxim is not a solution. With that you are healing effect not the cause.

Other changes are OK.
4 Jan 2015, 11:29 AM

Hmm, so you want to nerf maxim spam and sniper based strats that aren't really that useful in 1v1 and you want to make conscript spam even more ridiciluosly strong than it currently is by giving them DP-28s?

Well, as a master conspammer i can say that your patch would litteraly be heaven Kreygasm
4 Jan 2015, 14:51 PM
Donator 11

Increasing the repair times for kt, tiger & is2 would solve a lot of problems imo
4 Jan 2015, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 11:29 AMBurts
Hmm, so you want to nerf maxim spam and sniper based strats that aren't really that useful in 1v1 and you want to make conscript spam even more ridiciluosly strong than it currently is by giving them DP-28s?

Well, as a master conspammer i can say that your patch would litteraly be heaven Kreygasm
I love your bulletproof conscript spam strat. I use it in all my soviet games now.:banana:
4 Jan 2015, 21:02 PM

Dear god no.

Yeah I think if you using Wehr sniper alone against the Sov sniper you doing it wrong, anyway there is asymmetry of balance to take into to account, soviets have 2 man snipers generally to compensate against better infantry and weapons teams. Reduce the squad to one and you'll have the sniper being sniped by Obersoldaten or grenadiers with with or without g43s or Jaeger infantry and anyway its better to get scout cars or troops in a 250 track to hunt them down.

Yea; so you'd have to use the sniper correctly.

There's already that stacking-bulletin thing with the Sov sniper that makes its sight range equal to firing range.

To not get killed by Obers, grens, etc. all you have to do is micro; keep the sniper in firing range of its target, but outside the firing range of the enemy. This is exactly what Wehr has to do, and what every faction in CoH1 with a sniper (Wehr, US) had to do.

The whole 2-man + sprint thing is just a massive crutch to make the faction easier to play. Sov has many ways of keeping inf. away from snipers (Shocks, MG spam, etc.); why do they get the extra bonus of 2-man survivability AND sprint? Outside of the micro argument, it's a massive advantage just in terms of RNG. If an Axis player fires random arty into the FOW and hits the sniper, chances are the Sov player can just retreat and save the vet and squad (only have to reinforce 1 man). As axis, you lose the unit and all vet.

Asymmetrical balance is fine; but like I said, it should exist in the vet, or possibly some less-OP ability. In CoH1:

Vet 1
US: +20% Sight-Range (to 42 meters) +20% harder to hit by any enemy weapon.
Wehr: Health regeneration 10.56 hp/min.

Vet 2
US: Enemy units must come 1 meter closer to detect the Sniper.+25% resistance to Suppression. +15% Damage Reduction from all sources.
Wehr: Maximum Health + 20%. Received Suppression - 50%

Vet 3
US: +15% weapon range (to 57.5 meters) +50% damage with the sniper rifle, ensuring one-shot kills on any infantry unit. No speed penalty in Camouflage mode.
Wehr: +40% faster firing rate.

By Vet 3, the units were massively different. The US sniper was an amazing scout, but with lower DPS/Attack speed (which made sense, due to Wehr's smaller squad size). The Wehr sniper wasn't as good at scouting, but had higher DPS/Attack speed to counter the US' larget squad size.
5 Jan 2015, 00:01 AM

Yea; so you'd have to use the sniper correctly.

There's already that stacking-bulletin thing with the Sov sniper that makes its sight range equal to firing range.

To not get killed by Obers, grens, etc. all you have to do is micro; keep the sniper in firing range of its target, but outside the firing range of the enemy. This is exactly what Wehr has to do, and what every faction in CoH1 with a sniper (Wehr, US) had to do.

The whole 2-man + sprint thing is just a massive crutch to make the faction easier to play. Sov has many ways of keeping inf. away from snipers (Shocks, MG spam, etc.); why do they get the extra bonus of 2-man survivability AND sprint? Outside of the micro argument, it's a massive advantage just in terms of RNG. If an Axis player fires random arty into the FOW and hits the sniper, chances are the Sov player can just retreat and save the vet and squad (only have to reinforce 1 man). As axis, you lose the unit and all vet.

Asymmetrical balance is fine; but like I said, it should exist in the vet, or possibly some less-OP ability. In CoH1:

Vet 1
US: +20% Sight-Range (to 42 meters) +20% harder to hit by any enemy weapon.
Wehr: Health regeneration 10.56 hp/min.

Vet 2
US: Enemy units must come 1 meter closer to detect the Sniper.+25% resistance to Suppression. +15% Damage Reduction from all sources.
Wehr: Maximum Health + 20%. Received Suppression - 50%

Vet 3
US: +15% weapon range (to 57.5 meters) +50% damage with the sniper rifle, ensuring one-shot kills on any infantry unit. No speed penalty in Camouflage mode.
Wehr: +40% faster firing rate.

By Vet 3, the units were massively different. The US sniper was an amazing scout, but with lower DPS/Attack speed (which made sense, due to Wehr's smaller squad size). The Wehr sniper wasn't as good at scouting, but had higher DPS/Attack speed to counter the US' larget squad size.

I'd rather there be buff to German snipers ability to hide avoid fire/survive or increase range, fire rate .etc something to make different and better in some ways compared to sov sniper (to counter squad sizes), maybe even give it a counters snipe ability, or even a reduction in cost. I really get your point about rng i had a wehr sniper splattered to day by a pack howie but what can you do? nerf arty or buff sniper survivability? Sprints probably needs a negative effect to prevent abuse or be removed, though we still have blitzkrieg on panthers and tigers so its debatable.

Though how do both snipers compare at vet3 now? most games end before you can even get vet2 so I am curious.
5 Jan 2015, 03:56 AM
Patrion 27

I feel like Kappatch already made 98% of the changes I would like to see but I like some of your ideas Higher pop-cap for Soviets is interesting and I also want to see vet 1 veterancy improved overall.
5 Jan 2015, 04:06 AM

I feel like Kappatch already made 98% of the changes I would like to see but I like some of your ideas Higher pop-cap for Soviets is interesting and I also want to see vet 1 veterancy improved overall.

Kappatch did nothing for ostheer,especially vs usf unfortunately.
5 Jan 2015, 09:17 AM

Yeah I get that, I just feel that lmg34 that they carry when dropped makes any unit carry it a mini Ober aka vet 3 conscripts, which is a bit wrong that one weapon can turn units into terminators. The whole units damage output practically relies on that mg34, I feel that the squads damage should be distributed better and not reliant on the mg34, as well as the Obers not just being a 4 man sniper squad.

I agree, the LMG34 itself is the problem. Its DPS is two times more than LGM42 as far as I remember. Reduce it significantly to like 30-40% of the current damage, and increase Obsers accuracy a little bit, or even don't increase their accuracy. Just stop the sniping.
5 Jan 2015, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 09:17 AMRMMLz

I agree, the LMG34 itself is the problem. Its DPS is two times more than LGM42 as far as I remember. Reduce it significantly to like 30-40% of the current damage, and increase Obsers accuracy a little bit, or even don't increase their accuracy. Just stop the sniping.

Without obers OKW can't stand upto shocks with no non doctrinal mg.
Also it won't be able to stop 1919lmg or dual bar rifle blobbers.
5 Jan 2015, 17:26 PM

Took the time to read whole list, and while some changes seem a bit harsh, it would gladly launch CoH2 again if that kind of patch went live. Especially Wehr and USF do need help, and the suggestions are in the right direction, imo.
5 Jan 2015, 17:47 PM

Increasing the repair times for kt, tiger & is2 would solve a lot of problems imo

There is no way to do so without increasing their HP or crippling whole faction.

Repair speed is tied to repairing unit, not to what it repairs.

Heavies are being used, because there is not a single downside to using them, thats all.
5 Jan 2015, 18:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There is no way to do so without increasing their HP or crippling whole faction.

Repair speed is tied to repairing unit, not to what it repairs.

Heavies are being used, because there is not a single downside to using them, thats all.

You could increase HP and give them receive damage modifiers.
7 Jan 2015, 09:15 AM

Without obers OKW can't stand upto shocks with no non doctrinal mg.
Also it won't be able to stop 1919lmg or dual bar rifle blobbers.

Thing is it nullifies vetted Riflemen it doesn't just beat them, US and to a lesser extent Soviets have to bring in tanks to a kill 400 mp unit that requires no munitions investment to be effective and that is basically 4 man sniper squad that can just stand there and mow down weapons teams vetted infantry. Have you ever face 3 obers before? Their damage needs to be toned down a bit so they more of an better/elite grenadier than a sniper machine gun squad.
23 Jan 2015, 07:57 AM

USF:

Bazooka stil useless, no matter if it's cheaper.
No nefr for Paras with double LMGs?
No nerf for LMGs at all?
We all know Relic won't implement any "tanks upgrades" so it's pointless to think about something like this.

OKW:
No nerf for Obers?
KT front is OK. Just give allies better AT options.
Nerfing long range acc is a one way but we will still face blobs.
I would rather see different options like MP40 or MP44 upgrade for Volks (OKW lacks of close-combat units) and fausts (this has to come with raketen buff).
Schrecks could be used by Stormpios OR reduce Obers cost to 350, reinforce to 35 and give them 90 muni upgrade for LMG or 120 muni upgrade for double schreck. Elite infatry with elite weapon is more welcome than shit infantry with elite weapon.
Whole veterancy system is broken. Vet 5 Volks with better survablity than vet 3 Shocks...

Ability to deploy Pak43 and King Tiger is a bit broken in my opinion...
King Tiger should is a reward for teching.
If it is reward, all faction should get something similar for technig.
Otherwise make it doctrinal. Panzer IV form HQ after converting 2 trucks is a nice option or Panzer 3 after 1 truck.
(but we know Relic won't do anything with it).

Ostheer:
Just switch teching cost with buildings cost so you can tech really cheap and skip Pz4 for Tier 4.

Soviets:
No guards buff? Thery are useless right now. Give back old button, buff DP gun or give PTRS chance for crit or something.
IS armor is fine (just like KT's).
50% increased time to build Maxim is not a solution. With that you are healing effect not the cause.

Other changes are OK.

I don't think its useless,maybe vs tigers.Its excellent vs luchs,pz4s,flakhalftrack.And lategame can make panthers flanks problematic if blobbed due to having to expose rear ramor.
I increased para reinforce cost to make them costlier than rifles,u want another nerf?
LMGs already got a nerf a few patches ago.

OKW:
Without obers how is OKW supposed to fight shocks/1919 or paras?I in general didn't touch the combat performance of any elite infantry of the factions except reinforce costs.(pzgrens are hardly elite,only in name)If i change obers,then 1919,paras,shocks all need change.

I edited to ad XP gain penalty.
We know shrecks on high reinforce 4 man squad ended up being terrible for pzgrens because they are so easy to wipe.Nerfed vet volks.

Ostheer -

Interesting idea.But the manpower cost for getting t1-t2 and getting pak out will remain the same...and that problem will remain.

Soviet -
Edited guards.Except the ambush camo thing.I added a toggle option.PTRS toggle for mosin nagants for added antiinf.
Then what is ur solution for maxim?Mine would have detered spam early without affecting performance.

2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 19
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 130
Germany 23
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L