Login

russian armor

Retreating Raketenwerfer

2 Jan 2015, 20:59 PM

With all other AT guns you see people spreading them out so that they are less likely to get simultaneously decrewed by artillery or flanking squads, and people keep their infantry nearby to defend them. Now its extremely popular to seem people leading the way with multiple raketenwerfers because if anything unexpected happens there is a get out of jail free card that saves the day usually. Blobbing your AT guns together is poor play, and with the other factions you can easily punish people doing this. Give them a retreat button and that goes out the window. Nothing good comes from this feature, it just makes being lazy less risky.
2 Jan 2015, 21:07 PM

I can honestly say I have never seen this strat before. I will hold judgement until I play it, but don't you just counter this by putting your infantry in front of your tanks? Or place a mine on approach?

Raken does not offer heavy cover, and is very slow to acquire targets.
2 Jan 2015, 21:43 PM

Most people don't rely heavily on Raketenwerfers since OKW has so many other options for AT, but every game I played vs someone that was using several they were all grouped together.
2 Jan 2015, 22:05 PM

And?

Its not like puppchens do not have any disadvantages over normal AT guns.
2 Jan 2015, 22:08 PM

And?

Its not like puppchens do not have any disadvantages over normal AT guns.

they dont have green cover, which means theyre extremely susceptible to explosives and small arms, theyve got fairly short range and shittier aim time compared to the other AT guns.
2 Jan 2015, 22:11 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Retreating Raketenwerfer: Is another thing more to not have micro OKW.
2 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The Raketen is already so unreliable as it is. It doesnt have the damage, or barrage ability, or aim time of the others, I think retreat is ok.
2 Jan 2015, 22:35 PM

Seriously, I don't like such ideas - such as removing features. It would be so bland if all AT guns were the same. Retreat buttons are sth that makes the OKW AT guns more unique. Removing this feature does not enrich the game, it takes away from it. There surely is other ways.

Don't dumb down the factions until they are all the same. That's boring.
2 Jan 2015, 22:44 PM

Permanently Banned

they dont have green cover,

just like 57mm. and u have to tech for that piece of shit

reketen in a buldings arc is huge. also it gets a fire rate increase. not too mention it can retreat. and doesn't require tech

it needs faster aim time. that's all
2 Jan 2015, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2015, 22:35 PMFluffi
Seriously, I don't like such ideas - such as removing features. It would be so bland if all AT guns were the same. Retreat buttons are sth that makes the OKW AT guns more unique. Removing this feature does not enrich the game, it takes away from it. There surely is other ways.

Don't dumb down the factions until they are all the same. That's boring.

They are a T0 unit and can go inside buildings, that is already a huge difference. Being able to consistently use your delicate support units so precariously and have a huge success rate of escaping what would otherwise be certain death is "dumbing it down". Making them better is fine with me, just don't make it so forgiving to be completely careless with them.
2 Jan 2015, 23:07 PM

I rather they remove its dumb retreat but giving a performance of a Pak38.

Above, 57mm is awesome. It is the most rapid fire ATG with range of Elefant.
2 Jan 2015, 23:31 PM

I don't see the point of making more than a few raketenwerfers since they get one shot by Shermans.
2 Jan 2015, 23:58 PM

I don't see the point of making more than a few raketenwerfers since they get one shot by Shermans.

Ahh.. the beautiful HE shell. Such glory to see it wipe entire full health squads :D
3 Jan 2015, 00:03 AM

Permanently Banned
You see Rakaten blob, I see a bunch of easy wipes.

Just hit em with a 2-part combo, like fire barrage + shock rush, or molotov + tank flank; T3485s and HE-loaded Shermans will easily deal with them while they are retreating.

IMO people who rely on their retreat function as a means to obtain mobile AT lose them more, which basically equates to wasted MP.
3 Jan 2015, 01:47 AM

You see Rakaten blob, I see a bunch of easy wipes.

Just hit em with a 2-part combo, like fire barrage + shock rush, or molotov + tank flank; T3485s and HE-loaded Shermans will easily deal with them while they are retreating.

IMO people who rely on their retreat function as a means to obtain mobile AT lose them more, which basically equates to wasted MP.

Tank flank can work, they just retreat from anything else though.
3 Jan 2015, 01:52 AM

Trying to retreat your raketenwerfer under fire is not a beautiful sight... Retreating does not mean you teleport to your base safely. Oftentimes the crewmen carrying the weapon die on retreat and the next guys rush to it, but die and then you lose the piece of crap.

I have no problem with retreating the raketenwerfer. Its the only durability the weapon has since it does not provide good cover for the crew.
3 Jan 2015, 02:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

the raketenwerfer is really terrible I don't see any reason to make it worse.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★