Login

russian armor

[Speculation thread] So what's next Relic?

2 Jan 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2015, 15:52 PMUGBEAR

late 1944 themed COH2, /quote]

(Just don't mention that the Soviets are playing in late 1943... None of their non-doctrinal equipment was developed later than autumn 1943...)
2 Jan 2015, 16:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I'd love to see some in-game clan support like COH Online had. That was excellent!
2 Jan 2015, 16:21 PM

king tigur ace for 20mp at 40cp
2 Jan 2015, 16:30 PM

2 Jan 2015, 16:44 PM
Patrion 28

Did anyone say decals yet? Decals are coming! Maybe a new german sp campaign. War spoil crafting, new commanders, some new maps. Ingame ELO rank display??
2 Jan 2015, 16:48 PM

I'd love to see some in-game clan support like COH Online had. That was excellent!

100% agree. COHOnline was a very clan oriented. Would like to see it again.
2 Jan 2015, 17:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

also dual monitor support with tactical map and the army composition of your teammates would be pretty grand
2 Jan 2015, 17:25 PM

2 Jan 2015, 17:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

checks

Agent Nigo hasn't posted to this thread

So there is nothing for anyone to go on
2 Jan 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned
also dual monitor support with tactical map and the army composition of your teammates would be pretty grand

Meh... that's a good idea but not everyone has a 2nd monitor, and whoever is fortunate to have one would have a massive visual advantage over their opponent if they didn't have one.
2 Jan 2015, 18:50 PM

I think this is needed, I disagree with sneakking that it would be a advantage because you in essence would see what the observer sees (unit makeup of players you select to watch). If what I said makes any sense lol
2 Jan 2015, 19:27 PM
Patrion 28

Meh... that's a good idea but not everyone has a 2nd monitor, and whoever is fortunate to have one would have a massive visual advantage over their opponent if they didn't have one.

Second screen! Add support for mobile devices, tablets, smartphones... Let us customize what is displayed, tactical map, unit shields, resources, base buildings...

I can see this working, if you have a tactical map and all base buildings on your big tablet then in the middle of the battle you can easily build units without having to select your base.
2 Jan 2015, 19:39 PM

hopefully a big multiplayer balance patch the first couple months of the year
2 Jan 2015, 19:58 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

2 Jan 2015, 20:03 PM

Random faction = Soviet or USA snfPeter
2 Jan 2015, 21:12 PM

am i the only one who would never play with italians or in the desert?
2 Jan 2015, 21:17 PM

The problem with the North Africa suggestion (which would be awesome and I'd totally get behind it) is that you don't have anything to face OKW late game armour as the brits. Imagine your top tier tank being a Matilda (with a glorious 2 pndr gun) having to fight versus KTs...

Well, Churchill III's did serve in North Africa, so meatshield rush them with AT gun support. :P

Anyways, i would hope for a standalone Britain vs Italy/Afrika korps to add content that does not involve super tanks and one shotting followed by elite BS. Also, adding another pair of factions into the current 4 would leave absolutely 0 hope for balance because it would be so difficult to do so with so many variables... I would want infantry wars with mass support weapons followed by tons of light vehicles with later medium and minimal heavy tank support - to get a breath of fresh air from the current meta.

Or late war Commonwealth that works and does not destroy everything, yet is cool.

Im hoping for some well done Kursk since that is the next content for anything eastern front related.

Bottom line, i want the next content to be designed WELL. Relic's been designing RTS, and i expect something to be learned from experience.

(And i certainly dont expect Soviets nor Ostheer to be updated because Relic hasnt done any design changes when they were desperately needed, so new content will most likely drown out the problems [or hide them from sight]).
2 Jan 2015, 21:31 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Coh2 free to play....

I dont like, but Sega go with that in total War series.
2 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM

My wishlist:

Dividing up the multiplayer to Western front and eastern front.

Adding a full Italian faction (with few German Commanders) and a British faction.

A Grand campaign (mixture of total war and hearts of iron 3).

2 Jan 2015, 21:44 PM
Donator 33

The problem with the North Africa suggestion (which would be awesome and I'd totally get behind it) is that you don't have anything to face OKW late game armour as the brits. Imagine your top tier tank being a Matilda (with a glorious 2 pndr gun) having to fight versus KTs...

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2015, 15:52 PMUGBEAR

The African theater is small and the equipment is too outdated compare to late 1944 themed COH2, I'd like to enjoy a well-equipped allied forces rather than a losing allied vs. winning axis.

I see where you guys are coming from, but we already have ToW missions where the units usable are reduced to whichever models were available at the time. The same could be done for the singleplayer parts of the expansion, perhaps even have an "WWII-earlygame" Afrika-campaign followed by a "WWII-lategame" Italy. That also gives more leeway for interesting new German commanders (because we all feel we need more commanders, right guys? Guys...?).

Authenticity-wise, we allready have the US fighting side by side with the Soviet Union, so I think it'll be fine with the great majority.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★