Login

russian armor

Forward Headquarters broken?

28 Dec 2014, 17:26 PM

28 Dec 2014, 17:27 PM

For a long time now in my opinion the Forward headquater-ability was broken. I think we cannot talk about company of heroes anymore. Please watch the replay and see for yourself.
28 Dec 2014, 19:21 PM

28 Dec 2014, 19:50 PM

Medic truck.

And if you mean broken as in underpowered broke, you are fully right, one have to be pretty horribly bad to not hardcounter it with T1 given current fragility of buildings.
28 Dec 2014, 22:08 PM

Watched the replay.

You guys got outplayed. The OKW player on the left lost his healing truck twice, in the first 5 minutes! Him doing that effectively made the battle 3v2 on that side. On the right the side you had a complete noob OKW player who put his healing truck so far forward that he got over run with vanilla rifles and had to keep retreating all the way back to safety and then trying to walk all the way back! Total noob.

It has to be said, why didn't the one of the Ostheer players choose spearhead doctrine or another doctrine with Mortar Half Track? Two of them would have completely hard countered this strategy back up with T1 mortar, flamers, nades from volks and a fast Pz II Luchs.

When the OKW players eventually made Stuka's, they fired at the units on the ground not at the HQ's themselves. You must target the buildings and destroy them, the strat relies on them having a FHQ to keep the pressure on and destroying them forces the player to make more at 300mp and 60 fuel a pop! The Soviet player making the HQ's did not tech at all what so ever, he just made the buildings.

I'd suggest using a Mortar Half Track next time and fire on the FHQ's. As the Ostheer player you can afford to just make hard counters to the FHQ as the Soviet player making them is not teching as her can not afford to, as stated earlier. So make 2 x MHT, 2 x Mortars, 4 x Grens and flank!

28 Dec 2014, 23:37 PM

Hah, seriously the commander which has one ability that costs you IS-2s to take? Its an all or nothing gimmick, and if you just mortar the building and dig in with machine guns he will lose.

I once saw it used effectively on a 4 v 4 where all 4 players used it on City 17 and eventually every single frontier building on the map was an HQ. But they had crazy good teamwork so I didn't mind getting absolutely handled.
29 Dec 2014, 09:34 AM
Patrion 28

there are maps where an early FHQ is pretty damn OP. it's mostly manageable though.
Phy
29 Dec 2014, 10:05 AM

LOL. Buildings in coh2 die like flies and the late of game of this commander is totally MEH. I can't believe anybody can have problems to beat this unless it's a l2p issue.

29 Dec 2014, 10:07 AM

OMG, 4v4 allied OP please nerf !
30 Dec 2014, 21:41 PM

The ability should be forced into either CP-1 or restricted to buildings that are in an owned/friendly territory. On maps like Rostov on Don or La Glieze though, it's very game-breaking and can end a match before it even begins.
31 Dec 2014, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2014, 21:41 PMSierra
The ability should be forced into either CP-1 or restricted to buildings that are in an owned/friendly territory. On maps like Rostov on Don or La Glieze though, it's very game-breaking and can end a match before it even begins.

no it is not...

no player should immediately select commanders at the beginning of the game. Once you see a fast FHQ, OKW should get a Stuka and Ostheer should get a mortar halftrack. These units counter the FHQ well. If you don't have any of those, then is suggest locking the area down with mortars and mgs. It also costs 60 fuel, so the SOviet player will be using manpower-only units for a while
31 Dec 2014, 03:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 02:06 AMNinjaWJ

no it is not...

no player should immediately select commanders at the beginning of the game. Once you see a fast FHQ, OKW should get a Stuka and Ostheer should get a mortar halftrack. These units counter the FHQ well. If you don't have any of those, then is suggest locking the area down with mortars and mgs. It also costs 60 fuel, so the SOviet player will be using manpower-only units for a while
Agreed. Except one thing. Why can't we 'decap' the HQ. I think it would reward the Germans for actually pushing them out insetad of demolishing the thing. Let's assume it that big stone church in Trois Ponts. Haven't seen my incendiary round burn it down before.
31 Dec 2014, 03:46 AM

there is also a commander in OKW (i forgot, but it has to be a commander) that gives Volks a very good grenade. My OKW teammate usedhis Volks to lob several of them into a building and it instantly went down.
31 Dec 2014, 03:50 AM
Patrion 28

most of the counters to the FHQ come out several minutes after it goes down. this means that the game is over before the counters come out if they get it down in the right spot.
31 Dec 2014, 05:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Infiltration grenades > Wood Houses

Except if it's a stone house/Church. GL taking them down on a reasonable amount of time.
31 Dec 2014, 07:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 02:06 AMNinjaWJ

no it is not...

I know it's expensive and it is no less useful if a territory is required to be captured/owned first before it can be placed. This stops abusive players rushing their infantry to the forward most buildings and shutting down a game before it can even begin. We are talking about within the first 2-3 minutes and the game can be over.

It's not always as simple as "just us MG's and Mortars" because there are also plenty of cheese strats that compliment this abusive ability. Sniper Spam, Con Spam, Vanilla American Rifles become instant elite infantry just by being near the damn thing due to its bonuses. A single prerequisite of owning the territory isn't all that much to ask and it is a welcome delay that would buy German players enough time to also establish a territory to compete.
31 Dec 2014, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 07:34 AMSierra

I know it's expensive and it is no less useful if a territory is required to be captured/owned first before it can be placed. This stops abusive players rushing their infantry to the forward most buildings and shutting down a game before it can even begin. We are talking about within the first 2-3 minutes and the game can be over.

It's not always as simple as "just us MG's and Mortars" because there are also plenty of cheese strats that compliment this abusive ability. Sniper Spam, Con Spam, Vanilla American Rifles become instant elite infantry just by being near the damn thing due to its bonuses. A single prerequisite of owning the territory isn't all that much to ask and it is a welcome delay that would buy German players enough time to also establish a territory to compete.

Everything you rant about is a learn to play issue
31 Dec 2014, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 07:34 AMSierra

i know it is tough, ive faced the FHQ several times myself and it was a pain. It is difficult assaulting the FHQ due to the infantry aura, so MGs and mrotars would be your best best to manpower bleed the enemy. The mortar halftrack comes out fairly early and has the brilliant incendiary barrage which can scatter the enemy. YOu can do this on fairly low cooldown and wait for your teammate to build a Stuka.

Coordinate with your teammates to lockdown that area to prevent the enemy from moving forward. You can also try to cap other places in order to force the enemy away. I think th number one priority is to keep them contained in an area and and to prevent them from "leapfrogging" FHQs
31 Dec 2014, 17:56 PM

it takes like 7 minutes to make a stuka, after which you instagib the one and only good thing about the doctrine.

It's also the games best artillery unit, on-map and off-map. Effortlessly dropping laser-guided HE shells and gibbing all setup teams and any unit not standing in an open field.

Cry more
31 Dec 2014, 18:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 116
unknown 14
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias