Login

russian armor

Forward Headquarters broken?

31 Dec 2014, 18:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 03:22 AMsteel
Agreed. Except one thing. Why can't we 'decap' the HQ. I think it would reward the Germans for actually pushing them out insetad of demolishing the thing. Let's assume it that big stone church in Trois Ponts. Haven't seen my incendiary round burn it down before.

I have never had to face FHQ: are you saying you cannot dismantle, as per vCoh? :unsure:
31 Dec 2014, 18:24 PM

I have never had to face FHQ: are you saying you cannot dismantle, as per vCoh? :unsure:
Nope. You're forced to demolish the thing, which is sad if the building is in a tactical postion. :S
31 Dec 2014, 18:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 18:24 PMsteel
Nope. You're forced to demolish the thing, which is sad if the building is in a tactical postion. :S

Not good then :(
1 Jan 2015, 02:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 07:34 AMSierra

I know it's expensive and it is no less useful if a territory is required to be captured/owned first before it can be placed. This stops abusive players rushing their infantry to the forward most buildings and shutting down a game before it can even begin. We are talking about within the first 2-3 minutes and the game can be over.

If you want to the commander to not be about getting an early win it needs to be better late game.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 17:52 PMNinjaWJ

i know it is tough, ive faced the FHQ several times myself and it was a pain. It is difficult assaulting the FHQ due to the infantry aura, so MGs and mrotars would be your best best to manpower bleed the enemy. The mortar halftrack comes out fairly early and has the brilliant incendiary barrage which can scatter the enemy. YOu can do this on fairly low cooldown and wait for your teammate to build a Stuka.

Coordinate with your teammates to lockdown that area to prevent the enemy from moving forward. You can also try to cap other places in order to force the enemy away. I think th number one priority is to keep them contained in an area and and to prevent them from "leapfrogging" FHQs

At the moment I think this Commander is in a nice place

It's not powerful or common enough to be THE META

But it is out there, and you should have something ready to deal with it in your loadout and be ready to select it if the opposition have it available.

The HQ is not a retreat point so simply suppressing the enemy units around it MGs will render the harmless and they will have to retreat at some point

The building itself can get taken out by an incendiary barrage or two from MHTs; though you can do the job with conventional mortors.

You absolutely do not want to get in a infantry or mortor duel otherwise where the enemy is in a healing and reinforcing aura and you are not because you bleed MP very quickly.

This is where you cordon it off, go elsewhere and deal with it with the tools available.

If you can deal with it, your opponent just sank a lot of fuel into it and this commander doesn't offer much as the game goes on.
1 Jan 2015, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 03:22 AMsteel
Agreed. Except one thing. Why can't we 'decap' the HQ. I think it would reward the Germans for actually pushing them out insetad of demolishing the thing. Let's assume it that big stone church in Trois Ponts. Haven't seen my incendiary round burn it down before.

Because it costs 60 fuel? Get rid of that and you can decap it all you want. Right now the thing got a cost of a tier.
1 Jan 2015, 10:52 AM

All I'm saying is a small change like making the territory the building is in have to be CAPTURED first. That's it, that's all I'm asking for.
1 Jan 2015, 11:11 AM

Because rushing important building when you see this doc on loading screen was never an option. Besides, who forbid building double mgs to pin everything near forward hq and double mortars to shoot them down? If Axis can not attack move something with their blob, it must be broken, nerf asap.

This doctrine is free win for Axis past 10 minutes, i never saw it pay off in any kind of serious game since WFA release.
1 Jan 2015, 12:54 PM

Because it costs 60 fuel? Get rid of that and you can decap it all you want. Right now the thing got a cost of a tier.
Considering the existance of Stuka zu Fuss and Mortar Halftrack incendiary shell, they may as well get rid of it and allow a decap but maybe come at 1CP? Not sure about the CP though.
1 Jan 2015, 13:35 PM
Patrion 28

if it could only be placed in connect territories (like almost every buildable) i think it would be fine and could probably get away with the cost being reduced by 10 fuel or so. this thing ONLY causes significant issues when it goes down in the first minute of a game at an important location. it's really an all or nothing strat but it can be really hard to prevent that building going down and if it's in the right spot it's very hard to remove for the first couple of minutes which can leave you way behind fuel wise. requiring connected territory would simply slow down the timing a little bit. giving it a build time would be another option.
1 Jan 2015, 15:12 PM

The fact of the matter is, you should not be able to build it willy nilly in any building in any territory. It should only be build-able in connected territory, and once it becomes disconnected it should stop offering bonuses until it becomes connected again. That is well within the confines of how everything else works, and how it worked in CoH1. Its perfectly reasonable. I would go as far to say, that being able to decap it is not an unreasonable request either!
1 Jan 2015, 15:13 PM

It's ok.
The problem is about some buildings.
For example, this huge building in the middle of Ettebruck can stand more than 2 Stuka barrages
1 Jan 2015, 15:27 PM

Because rushing important building when you see this doc on loading screen was never an option. Besides, who forbid building double mgs to pin everything near forward hq and double mortars to shoot them down? If Axis can not attack move something with their blob, it must be broken, nerf asap.

This doctrine is free win for Axis past 10 minutes, i never saw it pay off in any kind of serious game since WFA release.

2v2. 2 Soviets. One goes FHQ and the other goes T2 Spam.

You try to build as you said 2 MG42 and 2 Mortars.

He also builds 2 Maxim and 2 Mortars.

He is in an area in which he can reinforce/heal/ and has an efective combat aura, unlike you. Guess who will win the engagement? Also, did you forget about PRECISION STRIKE with pinpoint accuracy from soviet mortars?

So no, dont try to engage this strat without MHT or fast Stuka. Its not that easy to win this strat without those 2 units.
1 Jan 2015, 16:56 PM

Wooden buildings are hardly a problem but stone fortresses in the middle of the map are. Mortars wont even come close to killing it quick because they will miss most of the time and when they hit wont do full damage or do a very small percentage.

Mortar half trak doctrine is such a weak doctrine that if you you are not able to burn the building down you ll be fighting on your heels the whole game. This is a bs ability that comes way too early and has way to many benefits. Healing.reinforce and a defensive bonus?

You can just stay there and reinforce and crawl towards the mg to throw cocktails or while that mg is uselessly pinning one squad youll have plenty of time to cocktail it with another
1 Jan 2015, 17:48 PM

Remove the buff it gives, reduce the fuel cost.
There was a reason why Luftwaffe supply got nerfed.

Right now i easily decides games within the first 10 minutes, if there's no okw player that gets a fast stuka.
1 Jan 2015, 18:06 PM

2v2. 2 Soviets. One goes FHQ and the other goes T2 Spam.

You try to build as you said 2 MG42 and 2 Mortars.

No, it was 4v4 counter, in 2v2 you should just build 4 grens, ignore forward hq, and cap everything else. Once you have mortar ht its gg. It may be more complicated in game than "on paper", but people hugely overreacting and exaggerate forward hq benefits compared to it disadvantages, where it one of only two good abilities this doctrine disposes, others being totally worthless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 63
unknown 19
United Kingdom 230
United States 13
United States 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L