Login

russian armor

Mg42 change.

29 Dec 2014, 16:33 PM

So OP wants to remove suppression from MGs? Nice way to stop blobs, lol.
MGs at the moment must not be played as agressive as they used to be. They neither are first line units nor Maxims that can a move their way through the map. An MG needs baits. If the enemy comes with the blob of hell and sees your lonely gren squad in green cover he will try to overrun them. But 1 or 2 MGs behind the enemy's sight will push them all down to the ground. Remember to defend your flanks with troops or mines.

Complaining about MGs is most of the time simply a l2p issue and I say that as a 90% German player. You can't just rely on one MG against a horde of US rifles. Imagine how D-Day would have been with one lonely MG behind a sandbag:
"It was nice to serve with you, Fritz."

Too many players think "Okay I built my MG. I don't need to get a second one."

Sure the US player can push through them with smoke nades but that's what smoke is for. Germans have smoke too, you know, and it's even free and comes with every mortar.

Talking about totally wrong issues .We don't expect mg to stop blob all by itslef,but its not on when a unit charges walks simply into its arc gets suppressed-throws grenade while suppressed wins.Whats the point of the mg then?
And btw ,one mg42 gunner at omaha beach killed 2000 american soldiers.
29 Dec 2014, 18:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Talking about totally wrong issues .We don't expect mg to stop blob all by itslef,but its not on when a unit charges walks simply into its arc gets suppressed-throws grenade while suppressed wins.Whats the point of the mg then?
And btw ,one mg42 gunner at omaha beach killed 2000 american soldiers.

Use barbwire, tank traps or even sandbags to block movement. Then put your MG inside a bunker/trench. Little difference :P
29 Dec 2014, 19:37 PM

Playing against Americans with a single mg42 is not a good idea. That said, you can't delay t2 either. That'd be an even worse idea. I play it pretty static early. Grens spotting for each of my two mgs and flamer pio for those suppressed clowns who think they're going to throw a nade. Very important to have both "teams" close enough to support each other and cover flanks. I also like to mine the arc of fire if I expect MG will be there for more than one engagement. Negates smoking MG and charging through smoke and also negates crawling nade. I do think the mg42 should get at least a slight buff in one or two of: suppression, damage, or traverse. It's far too easy to Yolo a single squad in and screw over the mg. I do that often when playing usf. Run in the crack suicide squad to displace it and the instant it unpacks I rush in the rest of the infantry.

I don't know what/how exactly but I think it should be better in houses too. It's like a.d.d. changing windows and never fires. Perhaps manual selection of which window.

Also, for all mgs... Auto reload when out of combat. Nothing worse than a three round burst then reload when the blob approaches.
3 Jan 2015, 11:00 AM

Permanently Banned
A little video from september 2013 about mg.
3 Jan 2015, 12:04 PM

Maybe hmg 42 need a bit buff, but blobs of grenadier mg42 is a fucking hell.
3 Jan 2015, 12:24 PM

Put COH1 MG42 into Ostheer = fixed

Ostheer MG42 obviously don't have enough suppression and killing power.
3 Jan 2015, 14:39 PM

A little video from september 2013 about mg.

omg those were the days man..those..
3 Jan 2015, 18:22 PM

Put COH1 MG42 into Ostheer = fixed

Ostheer MG42 obviously don't have enough suppression and killing power.

This point is like a never ending battle, the same arguments over and over x.x

One day the mgs will be reworked.. no, better get used to how it is.
3 Jan 2015, 19:12 PM

Balancing HMGs has always been problematic.

Tune them to work too well at suppression and you have situations that video before, back when HMG teams were ridiculous.

There's just so little room to tune them that it's hard to get meaningful differences between 2 HMGs. I've always thought that for CoH2 they should have looked into more mechanics for them.

Stuff like the MG kubelwagon's ability to start firing instantly, but only suppress after a certain time is interesting.

Another aspect that they could use is Stopping Power, namely, an MG firing at a unit could slow that unit down if it was moving towards the MG but not if it was moving away or perpendicular to its line of fire. The effect would be small, but still significant, and would happen instantly. Units caught wouldn't be suppressed until they had been shot at the normal amount to be suppressed.

This would allow units to flank even if caught by just a bit of fire. It would definitely cut down on instances of squads Oorahing in to throw a molotov. It would also give time for the MG, even with low suppression, to suppress a unit it was directly firing at since that unit would be in its sights for longer.
3 Jan 2015, 19:19 PM

I think a lot of people are forgetting the shear amount of MG42 spam COH2 had on release due the machine guns ability to instantly suppress any number of squads that even clipped it's firing arc area.

I think every single machine gun needs a revamp, the maxim shouldn't replace standard infantry like it does now, the MG34 needs a much faster turn time, the DSHK should do far more damage and come in at 0 CP, and the .50 call needs to not die if a single squad breathes in it's general direction.
3 Jan 2015, 19:22 PM

increase MP cost along with suppression and killing power
3 Jan 2015, 19:27 PM

Really the biggest reason it hurts the MG42 isn't as good as it used to be is when playing as Ostheer versus US, which has a much much better early game than you do and the MG42 sucking doesn't help.
4 Jan 2015, 03:30 AM
Patrion 28

the DShK really shouldn't be 0cp or it'll go right back to camping important buildings before anything else is on the map. 1cp would help ti a lot though.
4 Jan 2015, 05:44 AM

It's still crap no matter what CP it comes in since it was nerfed, it should do far more damage and have a better rate of fire.
4 Jan 2015, 07:40 AM

the mg-42 really does need some buffs.

It either needs to have faster setup/packup time or do more damage and suppresion.

Right now it's too easy to shutdown an ostheer player with conscript spam or just 3 rifles LT > M20.

Grenspam doesn't work since grens cant stand up to conscripts in a 1v1 situation.

Just relic, please , while buffing the mg-42 dear god dont buff the mg-34 which is already OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 32
unknown 15
Germany 854

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %