Login

russian armor

Mg42 change.

27 Dec 2014, 01:44 AM

This shitty unit has had enough humiliation now i think.Even if u anticipate a flank and place one,even suppressed unit will crawl and grenade wipe or blob simply kill gunner by DPS while suppressed.Plz do wehrmacht players a favour and remove the suppression mecahnic of mg 42 altogether ,its useless atm because suppressed squads can kill the mg with ease or simply smoke and get out.
Eliminate the suppression make the mg 42 into a straight area of effect anti-infantry killer within its arc.Will give wehrmacht some early killing power and have some mercy on the ostheer players who are fed up with this incompetent joke.
27 Dec 2014, 01:56 AM

Permanently Banned
Do you suggest a suppression alternative for Wehrmacht? Because this doesn't sound like a solution. With no suppression, it will have nothing to stop cons from Oorahing right past it's line of fire, unless you are also suggesting that it has enough DPS to gun down an entire cons squad in 2 or 3 seconds.

I agree that MG42 needs a buff or at least a change, but your suggestion seems very non-viable.
27 Dec 2014, 02:04 AM

Do you suggest a suppression alternative for Wehrmacht? Because this doesn't sound like a solution. With no suppression, it will have nothing to stop cons from Oorahing right past it's line of fire, unless you are also suggesting that it has enough DPS to gun down an entire cons squad in 2 or 3 seconds.

I agree that MG42 needs a buff or at least a change, but your suggestion seems very non-viable.

This will make it mandatory to support the mg with gren squads.Con can charge head on but will lose 2-3 models doing so-if supported by gren either squad after crossing mg will die or retreat .What i'm suggesting is that the mg 42 will be able to kill models of multiple units within the area on its arc its firing around.Atleast its better than the shitty no use thing we have now.
27 Dec 2014, 02:07 AM

Btw conscripts alreday uuraah past mg ,or atleast close enough to drop molotov killing more models than it lost while charging the mg,being suppressed and still laughing on to tell the tale.So not much difference.Fed up now of this garbage unit.
27 Dec 2014, 02:44 AM

Permanently Banned
You still didn't answer the question of whether or not Wehrmacht will have a suppression alternative, and your explanation was no more clear than before.

This will make it mandatory to support the mg with gren squads.

Are you implying that before the MG42 didn't require gren support? That doesn't make a strong case as to why it should be buffed.
27 Dec 2014, 03:09 AM

You still didn't answer the question of whether or not Wehrmacht will have a suppression alternative, and your explanation was no more clear than before.

Are you implying that before the MG42 didn't require gren support? That doesn't make a strong case as to why it should be buffed.

What good is suppression doing atm?This is part frustration btw.
It always req gren support for los and kill,but even then it was getting naded by suppressed units.
My point is if relic can't do anything with this unit,and they don't seem to have any intention of doing anything.No more torture and fake suppression,give another unit that can be used.
27 Dec 2014, 03:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Change title to just MGs. This happens to all unsupported MGs.

Ex: OMG Relic, he is Rnading from out of range of my MG with his vet3 Grens!
27 Dec 2014, 07:21 AM
Donator 33

MG´s that kill?, thats like COH 2 BETA where maxims killed 1 model of a gren squad in 1 burst, before even suppressing them on the second burst
27 Dec 2014, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 07:21 AMATCF
MG´s that kill?, thats like COH 2 BETA where maxims killed 1 model of a gren squad in 1 burst, before even suppressing them on the second burst

Maxim still kills more units that other MGs, but all MGs are kinda useless right now. Just change them to their previous state. Even with scouts they do not perform well.
27 Dec 2014, 09:19 AM
Patrion 28

eh, maxim spam is still quite effective. the M2 is a really good support gun as well and the MG42 would be fine if it could traverse fast enough to cover the arc. the MG34 is shit though.
27 Dec 2014, 09:56 AM
Benefactor 117

Since Ost does struggle in early game especially against US i do think some kind of change to the MG42 needs to be made. I think its travers speed needs a slight increas and it needs to suppress a bit faster. I also dont support the idea of turning it into a killing machine, but it just cant be that u can charge straight up, get suppressed and still be able to throw a grenade to force it to reposition or even retreat! The player who walks into the MG should be punished not the one placing it. I hope this will bring back the wonderfull flanking dynamics of vCoh back into the game. ;)
27 Dec 2014, 12:06 PM
Patrion 14

didn't you already make a thread like this a few days ago?

i think all mg42 needs is traverse speed increased
27 Dec 2014, 12:36 PM

This shitty unit has had enough humiliation now i think.Even if u anticipate a flank and place one,even suppressed unit will crawl and grenade wipe or blob simply kill gunner by DPS while suppressed.Plz do wehrmacht players a favour and remove the suppression mecahnic of mg 42 altogether ,its useless atm because suppressed squads can kill the mg with ease or simply smoke and get out.
Eliminate the suppression make the mg 42 into a straight area of effect anti-infantry killer within its arc.Will give wehrmacht some early killing power and have some mercy on the ostheer players who are fed up with this incompetent joke.

Yeah, I agree. This unit sounds very bad, useless.

Why don't you try using default MG42 from Wehrmacht tier buildings. It's a lot better than this MG you are talking about (I assume it's some doctrinal unit, Commander I am not aware of).

27 Dec 2014, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I agree. This unit sounds very bad, useless.

Why don't you try using default MG42 from Wehrmacht tier buildings. It's a lot better than this MG you are talking about (I assume it's some doctrinal unit, Commander I am not aware of).

I did ,it fails so spectacularly at its job all too frequently these days.Even with support and LOS.
27 Dec 2014, 12:52 PM

Change title to just MGs. This happens to all unsupported MGs.

Ex: OMG Relic, he is Rnading from out of range of my MG with his vet3 Grens!

It happens to even supported mg42.
And no i'm not talking abt vet 3 troop,just vet 1 enemy walking-running-crawling straight into arc...maybe lose 1 model.Grenade..laughs his ass off.Meanwhile 1200 RPM firing popcorn in his face.
27 Dec 2014, 13:38 PM

.Meanwhile 1200 RPM firing popcorn in his face.

Nice one XDD
27 Dec 2014, 15:41 PM
Benefactor 392

after vet 2 its super awesome, i don't know what you guys are talking about. even the AP rounds help in some situations.

It does it's job
27 Dec 2014, 16:13 PM

after vet 2 its super awesome, i don't know what you guys are talking about. even the AP rounds help in some situations.

It does it's job

Very few mgs ever survive to vet 2.Its shit unvetted.
27 Dec 2014, 18:23 PM

Mg42 is amazing, it's the most cost-effective unit almost every game I play. I use it with increased vet bulletin which seems to work quite nicely. I do agree traverse speed could be better though.
27 Dec 2014, 22:03 PM

Meanwhile 1200 RPM firing popcorn in his face.

If I understand the stats right, then it's only got 960 RPM, while the Maxim is only 480. Funny how they're actually much slower than RL.

Ah so the solution is to play Elite Troops and use extra fuel and manpower to build a reliable MG 42.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★