Login

russian armor

Switching between HE and AP

25 Dec 2014, 18:39 PM
Donator 11

Its not that clear when HE is ON and OFF. If the icon says switch to HE, than its AP which is ON right? If icon says switch to AP, than its HE which is on? Is it different for Sherman/ISU?
25 Dec 2014, 18:55 PM

If the icon is yellowish, then it is loaded with AP (yellow means you will load HE if you click on). If it is whitish/grayish, then it is loaded with HE.

But I agree that the icons are not clear. It should be more clear at the first sight..
25 Dec 2014, 18:56 PM

I agree that is is confusing. If the text says switch to HE, then you are currently using AP, if it says switch to AP, you are using HE.

Easiest way for me is to look at the picture. If it shows a big bright shell thing, i am using AP. If it shows a picture of a long thin line, then i am using HE
25 Dec 2014, 19:47 PM

Or better yet make a button for HE and one for AP so you don't even have to look just press X for HE and Y for AP
25 Dec 2014, 19:49 PM
Patrion 14

when using AP, the switch weapon looks like a silver shell on silver background with yellow explosion

when using HE, its just a silver shell on silver background.

it seems pretty clear to me.
25 Dec 2014, 22:18 PM
Patrion 27

While we're on the subject, is a cooldown even necessary for swtiching between the two ammo types? It would simply be the tank commander saying "load HE" and the loader grabbing an HE round. they don't have to go around back and beg the qaurtermaster for some ammo.
25 Dec 2014, 22:28 PM
Patrion 28

it's not realistic, and i'm not sure the cooldown needs to be that long, but HE is fucking powerful against infantry and needs some kind of downside, which in this case is having to plan ahead.
27 Dec 2014, 23:08 PM

While we're on the subject, is a cooldown even necessary for swtiching between the two ammo types? It would simply be the tank commander saying "load HE" and the loader grabbing an HE round. they don't have to go around back and beg the qaurtermaster for some ammo.

Seems realistic enough to me, the TC says "Load HE" and they have to open the breech, remove the AP round, store it, take the HE round, and load it.

Not that CoH2's Shermans have TC at all, hell if you buy the M2 on top there's only one man in the turret :P
27 Dec 2014, 23:16 PM
Donator 11

Well if you think like that its even mure stupid on grenades cooldown xD
28 Dec 2014, 00:14 AM
Patrion 27

Well if you think like that its even mure stupid on grenades cooldown xD

I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of grenade cooldowns.

Well, I figure the sherman reload is about six seconds and the ammo switch is 9 seconds so why not zero cooldown but reloads each time you switch or at least make the switch 6 seconds so you can micro? I also think the opponent should see an indicator for when people are switching ammo types. On a semi-related note MG's need a manual reload button.
30 Dec 2014, 03:53 AM

this has always bugged me too. they need to change the icon to make it easier to tell whats loaded.. "slightly more yellow" is not an easy distinction to make when stuff is going on.

then they need to flip the icons around so they match the behavior of focus sight and hold fire. (eg with focus sight and hold fire the icon shows your current mode, not what mode youd be in after you click it).

consistency is important.
30 Dec 2014, 04:56 AM

They need to make these icons work like the conversion truck for OKW. It is clear which one is active, and which other options are available.
30 Dec 2014, 05:30 AM

Seems realistic enough to me, the TC says "Load HE" and they have to open the breech, remove the AP round, store it, take the HE round, and load it.

Not that CoH2's Shermans have TC at all, hell if you buy the M2 on top there's only one man in the turret :P
If I remember correctly, once you load a shell, you can't remove it from the breech. You have to fire it before loading a new one.
30 Dec 2014, 05:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2014, 05:30 AMsteel
If I remember correctly, once you load a shell, you can't remove it from the breech. You have to fire it before loading a new one.

Can't unload the gun? I haven't heard that one before. Although now that you mention it, I haven't heard you can unload one either...
30 Dec 2014, 06:49 AM
Patrion 28

depends on the gun. tbh, i don't really know how large caliber gun breeches work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★