Login

russian armor

Excess Manpower

24 Dec 2014, 23:33 PM

Anyone else always have too much manpower as OKW? With the total lack of support weapons I find myself with nothing to spend it on.

I end up waiting for fuel because I cant buy anything with manpower that is going to be effective. It seems a little silly to end up with more than 10 infantry units too.
24 Dec 2014, 23:46 PM

I made a thread about this but it was locked for trolling. The belief in blobs is strong.
24 Dec 2014, 23:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah I usually float a ton too, so when I get my scwhere up I buy 2 obers.
Other good mp investments are the retreat position, a raketenwerfer and pop it in a building near an important point.
mg34s are also good unit when youre floating mp.
Otherwise there is nothign wrong with floating, it allows you to bank some mp for the costy reinforcements that are bound to come for obers.
Otherwise save it for the pak43 :P
25 Dec 2014, 00:29 AM

This is literally only an okw problem. Once they get back in balance with everyone else it will go back to normal
25 Dec 2014, 00:45 AM

I feel like Microing my few units is just as effectiv as using multiple with other factions, which results in too much MP until Obers come around.
I fully agree!
25 Dec 2014, 00:58 AM

More raketenwerfer it's a good choice, also ISG

25 Dec 2014, 09:16 AM

This is literally only an okw problem. Once they get back in balance with everyone else it will go back to normal

Actually this isn't a PROBLEM at all.

26 Dec 2014, 17:49 PM

Okay, somehow I feel a bit better knowing I am not doing it completely wrong. I have plenty of things I end doing wrong anyway.
26 Dec 2014, 18:15 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

That's just another example how badly OKW is designed. Every faction gets punished by bad engagements with manpower losses, but not OKW. Losing a grenadier squad as Wehmacht or just loosing models on a squad is painful to replace especially with teching beeing so expensive. With OKW you have a bad fuel income, which leaves you with a ton of manpower. As a result, you got a ton of infantry with no support weapons and blobs, just what people complain about the last couple of months. I've seen more Pak43 from OKW than in all the years of Wehrmacht combined. This is particularly odd since OKW (based on 1944/45 German army) had enormous shortage of manpower.
31 Dec 2014, 17:31 PM

It would be really cool if they removed the fuel and munitions penalty and slapped on a manpower penalty instead. Would force us to stop blobbing and get a mixed army of light and heavy vehicles. Of course, unit costs would have to be tweaked.
31 Dec 2014, 17:54 PM

It would be really cool if they removed the fuel and munitions penalty and slapped on a manpower penalty instead. Would force us to stop blobbing and get a mixed army of light and heavy vehicles. Of course, unit costs would have to be tweaked.

Thought same myself, it actually would make so much sense, but probably too late for so radical changes. Maybe relic should overlook OKW reinforce and tech cost (making 2nd and 3rd trucks cost 400 mp or flak hq cost 600 mp sounds reasonable)?
31 Dec 2014, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 18:15 PMluvnest
That's just another example how badly OKW is designed. Every faction gets punished by bad engagements with manpower losses, but not OKW. Losing a grenadier squad as Wehmacht or just loosing models on a squad is painful to replace especially with teching beeing so expensive. With OKW you have a bad fuel income, which leaves you with a ton of manpower. As a result, you got a ton of infantry with no support weapons and blobs, just what people complain about the last couple of months. I've seen more Pak43 from OKW than in all the years of Wehrmacht combined. This is particularly odd since OKW (based on 1944/45 German army) had enormous shortage of manpower.

This post sums it up exceedingly well. On the point though about the manpower shortage in 1944/45, im not sure relic cares as for this game contains a high degree of non historical accuracy lol
2 Jan 2015, 12:30 PM

I find that i've got very little munitions and lots of m. power.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★