Login

russian armor

Luvnest's state of the game report

9 Dec 2014, 15:49 PM

Nice summary, Herr President, with your state of the union address.

In short, we're fecked ted ;)

Relic don't appear to have either the resources or ability to fix longstanding issues in a timely manner, and the recent new content, WFA, made things worse if anything, performance wise and from a faction design point/balance.

9 Dec 2014, 15:55 PM
Patrion 15

Very well stated, every single one of these points is spot on. I really hope this gets the attention it deserves.
9 Dec 2014, 15:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Outstanding post!
9 Dec 2014, 16:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The problem with this kinds of threads is that there is little to discuss about since mostly everyone just agrees with it.

+1

PD: nevermind. THERES NO SIDE ARMOR! CAPSLOCK!
9 Dec 2014, 16:24 PM

Agree 100% also.
Can i add something?

3 AT Guns (maybe except the PAK40) cant stop 1 Heavy Tank(IS2,ISU,KT).
So you are forced in a way to get a Heavy yourself.
Give the AT Guns some love please!

P.S. I like the RNG but it is too much in COH 2.
9 Dec 2014, 16:38 PM
Donator 33

• OKW Flak emplacement completely making recon runs useless, base defenses too strong, FLAK HQ taking on T34 with ease.

What do you mean exactly?

Are those small 2-cm flak emplacements too strong vs planes or do you mean the 3.7 cm Flak on top of the HQ? I've actually never seen them shooting down planes very fast. Both seem to be very uneffective vs recon runs.

What are the base defences too strong against?

Very good list though. Well done.
9 Dec 2014, 16:44 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Thank you guys for your feedback, I appreciate it.

What do you mean exactly?

Are those small 2-cm flak emplacements too strong vs planes or do you mean the 3.7 cm Flak on top of the HQ? I've actually never seen them shooting down planes very fast. Both seem to be very uneffective vs recon runs.

What are the base defences too strong against?

Very good list though. Well done.

First of all, Why does OKW has Flak emplacements in their base that counter any base inspection (such as light vehicles or even medium tanks) compared to any other faction. Why do they have anti air right from the start and on top of that, superb anti light vehicles capabilities. OKW Flak HQ aswell, it can take on even allied medium tanks.

My recon run lasts not more than one sweep before beeing shot down (and hopefully wipes a squad or two while doing so :snfPeter: )
9 Dec 2014, 16:57 PM

Agree with most things, apart from a few exceptions. Some of the things I mentioned in the past like RNG plane crashes, but back then somehow everyone seemed to disagree with me...
9 Dec 2014, 17:13 PM
9 Dec 2014, 17:20 PM

goood post. i agree with most things
9 Dec 2014, 17:34 PM

There is no such thing as side armor in COh2. UNFORTUNATELLY !!
And I use this occasion to ask for it. We need Side armor values, different from rear armor values. Side armor values should be somewhat close to actual rear armor values, while rear armor values need to be lower. I am pretty sure that if the side armor would be implemented, we will see less whining from Allied fanboys. It would be realistic, it would be cool. Why don't they do it? Why this wasn't done from beginning?

Side armor is a must. It would increase the positional game and increase the tactical value of flanking.
9 Dec 2014, 18:17 PM

Luvnest

Riegel mines give guaranteed immobilize and according animation (caterpillar is ripped)
9 Dec 2014, 18:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Totally agree with the OP. Thanks, Luvnest!
9 Dec 2014, 18:46 PM

Very well stated, every single one of these points is spot on. I really hope this gets the attention it deserves.

Relic is ignoring most of the Problems since 1,5 years.:megusta:
9 Dec 2014, 18:55 PM

Good stuff, agree with pretty much everything.

One thing I'd add to bugs, very often I click the retreat button and nothing happens...

With regards to 30 muni abilities... I've not seen them doing heavy engine crits recently at all (there may have been a patch or something to get rid of them), perhaps that's just my experience, I agree with your suggestion none the less.

(cool to see my thread mentioned :D )

I have had Panther & KTs getting heavy engine crits from Cons AT nade in the last few days, don't have the replay handy but they still happen.
9 Dec 2014, 19:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Totally agree with the OP. Thanks, Luvnest!

+1
9 Dec 2014, 19:04 PM

+1000 to luvnest, the less rng the better.
9 Dec 2014, 19:07 PM

+1
Really hard to disagree with any of that ('xept the side armor ofc :))
9 Dec 2014, 19:10 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Luvnest

Riegel mines give guaranteed immobilize and according animation (caterpillar is ripped)

And that's good. The purpose of the Riegel is to immobilize an enemy tank. You get yourself a mine for 50 munitions and you get what you paid for. That's consistent.
With the Soviet mine or the OKW mine you have to pray once you got hit if you received an heavy engine damage or just a regular one. This is wrong in my opinion.
9 Dec 2014, 19:15 PM

• All this squadwipe potentional. I like how my units are set up behind cover, but they have to leave this formation on open ground and spread out a bit more!

• Side and Rear armor too much armor: Please reduce the side and Rear armor of tanks, especially of the super heavy ones, so flanking actually is rewarded.

I think Panther reverse speed is to fast. Curently it can drive faster backward then a T-34 or Jackson forward which make flanking a good Panther player almost impossible. It can even "Blitzkrieg" backwards and use smoke. It isn't even realistic as Panther had 7 gears forward but only 1 backward. It was able to go only 4 km/h in reverse.

Here Panther had only few HP:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS