Login

russian armor

CieZ Analysis Shoutcasts

8 Dec 2014, 17:33 PM

Hello everyone, recently I decided to try my hand at the whole shoutcasting thing. So far I've been solo casting games from highly skill players in an attempted to help people learn as much as they can about CoH 2 and the builds/strategies/tactics utilized by these players. The goal of my shoutcasts is to be as informative as possible, while also maintaining a decent level of entertainment - all the information in the world won't matter if people get bored mid-game! So far I've been aiming for about one cast per week, because I still enjoy playing the game (most of the time) and want to make sure that I'm up to date on the meta and builds being used.

If you have a game that you think I should cast please PM me on coh2.org with a link to the game and the reason(s) you think it should be cast. I've also considered doing "tutoring" style videos, so if you have a specific match up that you'd like pointers for you can PM me as well and I'll see what I can do - you must include a replay and a description of what you need help with.

I'll keep this thread updated as often as possible whenever I release new videos.

Please leave any comments/criticism (preferably constructive) in this thread or on one of the YouTube videos, hope you guys enjoy them!

Analysis One: n!Akecheta (Sov) vs Jesulin (Ost) on Semos Winter

Analysis Two: StephennJF (Sov) vs Cyanara (Okw) on Kharkov

Analysis Three: BartonPL (Usf) vs HelpingHans (Ost) on La Gleize Breakout

Analysis Four: Fridod & Ofield (Mixed Axis) vs SoE Overlord & Blackstorm (Mixed Allies) on Semos Winter

Company of Heroes 2 - AnalyCieZ: BartonPL (Sov) vs KoreanArmy (Ost)

VonIvan (Ost) vs -HOI-Paul.a.D. (Sov) on Angoville

Other random videos and guides [warning: specific guides might be out of date given changes in patches and meta game]:

OKW vs Soviet 1v1 Guide:

Puma First OKW Build:

USF Captain Opener:

Part 1 of Improving your Gameplay:

8 Dec 2014, 17:56 PM

+1000
i will watch and learn (hopefully:D )
8 Dec 2014, 18:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I have really liked all of these that I have seen! One thing that you could do to make your videos better is to do a sound check before you start recording. In the Barton v. Hans game, for example, in in-game sounds are nearly inaudible.

TLDR: More, please.
8 Dec 2014, 18:27 PM

So much fun this :)
8 Dec 2014, 20:50 PM

Really like the casts. I think focusing primarily on the strategy behind the play ("he should do X to push his advantage", "he's doing X because....") are a good way to set yourself apart from other casters. Obviously you want to focus on play-by-play action to make it interesting/fill time, but in-depth strategic analysis provides great value.
9 Dec 2014, 02:24 AM
Patrion 14

+1 very informative
10 Dec 2014, 18:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Nice, wait new.
Hux
11 Dec 2014, 16:25 PM
Patrion 14

Had to come into this thread and comment.

Been watching these videos while eating breakfast.

Superb work man. absolutely superb.
12 Dec 2014, 08:54 AM

Hey CieZ very interesting casts. Excellent work. Looking for new episodes!

I was gonna ask about the fog of war but it seems that computerheat beat me already by asking that on 3rd episode's youtube comments.

13 Dec 2014, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 08:54 AMFlamee
Hey CieZ very interesting casts. Excellent work. Looking for new episodes!

I was gonna ask about the fog of war but it seems that computerheat beat me already by asking that on 3rd episode's youtube comments.

Yeah I really like the Company of Heroes 2 - AnalyCieZ thing that some one suggested. Kinda cheesy but in a clever/good way.

I'm probably going to do a LOT of casts of the tournament games from this weekend. I'm sure a lot of people saw a lot of the games live but I'd still like to look at such high level games from a more analytical standpoint - plus some are worth watching more than once.
14 Dec 2014, 15:34 PM

Thank you for doing those, good work! I admit i thougt you'd go even more analytical!

Did i remember right u wanted to know how to pronounce correct? Even if not, the Luchs, great unit btw, is pronounced like looks, not that horrible abomination u muericans make it sound like ;)

14 Dec 2014, 16:04 PM

Thank you for doing those, good work! I admit i thougt you'd go even more analytical!

Did i remember right u wanted to know how to pronounce correct? Even if not, the Luchs, great unit btw, is pronounced like looks, not that horrible abomination u muericans make it sound like ;)

Yeah - I studied history in university so I'm interested in other languages because of how much they tie into the history/culture of people. Plus I like saying things correctly - or as correctly as my accent will allow.
14 Dec 2014, 16:23 PM
Patrion 14

lol. analyciez is awesome.

its corny yet slick.
14 Dec 2014, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 23:49 PMCieZ

Yeah I really like the Company of Heroes 2 - AnalyCieZ thing that some one suggested. Kinda cheesy but in a clever/good way.

I'm probably going to do a LOT of casts of the tournament games from this weekend. I'm sure a lot of people saw a lot of the games live but I'd still like to look at such high level games from a more analytical standpoint - plus some are worth watching more than once.

That was me, thanks :D
I really like the vids, keep it up!!!
15 Dec 2014, 16:20 PM

Permanently Banned
I wait some interesting analyciez from tourney games, some of them are very interesting. IMO game need more analyciez like from You Ciez or like OMGPOP analyciez about Catastrat (m3 spam into 85 callins).
17 Dec 2014, 04:42 AM

Updated initial post with my new video - BartonPL vs KoreanArmy from the $1000 1v1 tournament. Please let me know whether or not the "Sync-Error Detected" message is too distracting, or if I should keep casting games from this weekend's tournament (THANKS RELIC MVGame).

Easy link for those that don't want to sift through the initial post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwNxQcDA3hw

17 Dec 2014, 09:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Great work Ciez! (Cleaned the posts by request ;) )
17 Dec 2014, 13:02 PM

Thank you very much for the shout out CieZ. Keep up with the vids and the support for COH 2.

P.S. The name is correct. It is Andreas (Greek name) with an S in front.
19 Dec 2014, 02:09 AM

Gonna give the replay a twirl before bed. I can't imagine the sync error will be too distracting, especially considering your casts are more on the analysis side of things rather then cosmetic.
10 May 2015, 19:45 PM

VonIvan (Ost) vs Paul.a.D. on Angoville:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQroYK5_2fA

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %