Login

russian armor

Btw where is the Goliath Relic ?

8 Dec 2014, 21:14 PM

Yes..... but the Goliath is not 'autowin'. It can be shot up.

The best thing about the Goliath, I think, is that it makes (alert) blobbers about-face and retreat. Non-alert blobbers get penalised appropriately :)

I think Allies would need that more than Axis, as OKW blobs are top tier.
8 Dec 2014, 21:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I think Allies would need that more than Axis, as OKW blobs are top tier.

Well, if true - the jury is out here ;) - the Goliath cannot be given to the Allies, bcs that is a stretch too far for immersion (IMO). So...easier Allied mine placement would seem to be the answer..No?
8 Dec 2014, 21:36 PM

Well Hansi is quite right. Demo typifies what is wrong with Coh2 in a nutshell...(so is canister shot, ISU, etc.) A virtually uncounterable, cheap-ass tool that compromises everything that should make a good Coh player, ie. squad preservation à la longue etc. Adding a Goliath to give the Axis an analogue in cheese would not make this game better, on the contrary.
8 Dec 2014, 21:38 PM

Yeah but democharges can't be instantly planted and detonated right under your feet anytime an engineer is around. They're not really comparable to Canister Shot.
8 Dec 2014, 21:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yeah but democharges can't be instantly planted and detonated right under your feet anytime an engineer is around. They're not really comparable to Canister Shot.

And Canister Shot, in the right hands, is something else :(
9 Dec 2014, 10:46 AM

From my vcoh pow :
Werh Goliath : 125 ammo, very good if you have the ammo. Situational. You can get it but it may not work as intended and 125 ammo is a lot even if you're not on the back foot. So Goliath is an "extra". Might make you win the game or lose your territory points or lose the possibility of getting some good gears or mines.

Us Demo : almost never used. Very situational and mostly used on purpose. Massive damage but orientation is random and choosen by engs.

About coh2,
Can the demo be set anywhere ? (from what I have played I think yes). In that case, I feel what Hans says.

I would make the thing realistic : you can place demo anywhere but you have to place a detonator too in a certain radius and have a squad to detonate it OR just require a squad in a certain radius so the demo can actually blow on the cursor click (as it is right now in vcoh and coh2).

I would bring the goliath and do the same mechanisms you can place the goliath with a vehicle but the vehicle needs to be around so the goliath can move and blow.

That would make those abilities actually tactical and less cheap that the cursor click.That would make the demo more elegant.
9 Dec 2014, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 10:46 AMPepsi
...I would make the thing realistic : you can place demo anywhere but you have to place a detonator too in a certain radius and have a squad to detonate it OR just require a squad in a certain radius so the demo can actually blow on the cursor click (as it is right now in vcoh and coh2)...

Sounds cool. It might even provide a new method of defusing the demo charge.
9 Dec 2014, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 10:49 AMsteel

Sounds cool. It might even provide a new method of defusing the demo charge.

Yea, like if you win a fight you could swip the field safely for demo/goliath as your opponent is out of the radius, or you push just enough so the demo/goliath is out of the radius for a few sec.

Could make the shit unit preservation related : if you lose the unit/vehicle controlling the device, you lose control.
9 Dec 2014, 15:00 PM

+1 for goliaths.
9 Dec 2014, 16:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Demos:
1)Optional: You can make them visibles on a similar way like minefields. If so you could reduce the price by 15
2) Reduce armor values so small arm fire and explosive/shells are more likely to destroy when detected. Same case with mines.

Goliaths:
If it ever shows up it's gonna be behind a commander.
9 Dec 2014, 16:16 PM

Goliaths:
If it ever shows up it's gonna be behind a commander.

Truth.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS