Login

russian armor

new automagic cover system problems

1 Dec 2014, 16:01 PM

Hey guys, just running by with this but ever since the new cover detecting units.. Where they automatically bunch too the closest cover I've noticed a big problem with mg crews in particular. The biggest is they get wiped out way to easy because they all bunch up now and grenades just wipe them out so easily.. I've seen rifle nades just obliterate maxim crews.. Does this mean mgs should not use cover anymore?
1 Dec 2014, 17:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Against an LMG blob cover is now way better. Against grenades it's way worse. So depending what you're up against you should position it accordingly.

In general I find it's safest to put a machine gun a few feet behind some cover and stand an infantry squad in front of it in the cover. The infantry can dodge grenades, tank damage, and spot for the machine gun.
2 Dec 2014, 03:56 AM

I don't normally have a problem with it but earlier some Penals through a Satchel Charge at my cover and even though I moved ~7 meters away, due to a hole in the wall half the squad stayed at the satchel dispite repeated panic-clicking away.
2 Dec 2014, 08:29 AM

It's actually good. Back in vCoH there was a huge disadvantage for taking cover if the enemy used Nades/Flamethrowers. That's actually good I think. You can't just leave your infantry in cover without paying attention.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 74
South Africa 4
Mexico 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak