10%
21%
13%
50%
6%
Total votes: 52
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Dec 2014, 00:34 AM

A subject of much debate i think it would be good to get a community poll going on the status of rifle company

Ultimately it is up to those who put their time and effort into organizing these events what they do and do not allow. But i think this would be a good tool for evaluating what most people think.

1 Dec 2014, 01:15 AM
Donator 11

If there's anything wrong with rifle company it's that the call-in comes with random vet between 1-2 rather than just coming in vet 1.
1 Dec 2014, 01:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'd actually prefer to see rifle company be allowed for the tournament, but have the veteran rifle call-in itself disallowed over the controversy about RNG(whoop-de-do, vet 2 rifle in house next to cutoff two minutes in, what are you supposed to do OR 300MP for a barely-vetted rifle, big deal). It wouldn't be a very strong doctrine, but it would still have a niche like mechanized/recon/other situational doctrines.
1 Dec 2014, 02:22 AM

i voted "what is rifle company" :D
1 Dec 2014, 02:37 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont like this poll
1 Dec 2014, 02:43 AM

Rifle comp. are one flavor among others. Coh2 is not chess, it's an asymmetrical RTS game. The problem with the tiger Ace cannot be solved by removing one of the few doctrine the US have.

You are firing yourself in the foot by doing that.

The Rifle comp. is one of the best to fight the Kat push... You will be giving OKW players a clear signal that the Kat push will success by banishing this comp.

The Removing of the Tiger Ace doc, however has no real impact on the Axis side...

Think of it. don't gimp your tournament.

My 2 cents.
1 Dec 2014, 05:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think this poll would be better as simply Yes and No. Extended discussion and reasoning belong in the thread.
1 Dec 2014, 05:59 AM

Well i seperated the choices because i figured you could just add to get simple yes/no

Also i really wanted to know why people think it should/should not be banned since i've heard perspectives from each of the 4 aforementioned groups and wanted to associate numbers with said parties
1 Dec 2014, 06:31 AM

Every commander and bulletin should be allowed in tournaments imo.

The only time things should be banned is if they are game breaking. Even if something is overpowered, it should not be disallowed from tournament usage.
1 Dec 2014, 19:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I agree with Dullahan but what's most important is that tournament organizers allow or don't allow what they feel will make for the most entertaining possible tournament for both players and viewers.

I lost to cruzz on stalingrad using rifle company. He built a brummbar.

Clearly I am terrible and so is rifle company :D
1 Dec 2014, 19:08 PM

Well i don't know much about Rifle Company, but i want to comment on adding/disabling commanders for the tournament.

I am in favor of allowing controversial commanders having freedom of choice in playstyle and commanders in tournaments. However, there must be a balance between allowing players to freely choose commanders and banning controversial or OP commanders. It is imperative that these tournaments be fair. It would be best if players and tournament directors are not criticized for using/allowing commanders in the games. The legitimacy of the the tourny and players need to be upheld.
1 Dec 2014, 19:21 PM
Donator 11

I think its fine. I think making it so the vet 2 squad could come in at a set time rather than be up in the air but other than that its an ok doctrine. The ez8 is pretty lackluster, it unpreforms and costs more than a Jackson and the regular Sherman, its easy to counter but is the only "heavy" tank the Americans get
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★