Login

russian armor

The spam, it's getting unbearable

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
30 Nov 2014, 16:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Again I met an OKW player in 1v1 and again he had some kind of spam. This time I started with t1 and getting 2 penal battalions next to my standard combat engineer squad. When I had my second squad up and on the field, he had one sturmpioneer squad and 2 volksgrenadier squads and we had some skirmishes.

Well I followed with another penal battalion squad and attacked and what do you know, one sturmpioneer squads and 3 volksgrenadiers squads. Got beaten back, and my combat engineers had captured 3/4 of the map at this stage. Got an halftrack and a flame penal squad. Drove back up whilst supporting my other penal squad and well.. 2 mgs, 4 volksgrenadier squads, an sturmpioneer squad and one of the volksgrenadiers had shrecks. Boom bye bye truck and gg.

This all happened before the 5 minute mark, like what the actual f*ck... How on earth is this faction even supposed to work in this game? It's just spam this and that and gg.. They can outspam you within the first 5 minutes without effort.. How is this supposed to be fun?

The reason I almost stopped playing 1vs1 as soviets is because of this nonsense. If you don't get spammed in the initial stages, beware the hordes of shreck blobs that come your way.

The only counter to this is an maxim spamm, but playing solely maxim spamm vs OKW is pretty boring and can have you fail as well, depending on the map you are playing

This faction needs some serious tweaks, it's absurd
30 Nov 2014, 16:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Replay please, or it did not happen
30 Nov 2014, 16:34 PM

So 4 Volksgrenadier squads (not to mention when it is basically the only infantry available at the start for a faction) is spam, but 3 Penal Battalions is not. Apparently a fine line to walk on.
30 Nov 2014, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned
You don't seem to get it huh, I followed up with the 3rd penal battalion when I saw he had one unit on me. After that he got 2 mg's and outspammed me, like I claimed. As soviets its either maxim spamm or trying to go with the spamm.

How do I put the replay in ?
30 Nov 2014, 16:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Uploaded it
30 Nov 2014, 16:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You don't seem to get it huh, I followed up with the 3rd penal battalion when I saw he had one unit on me. After that he got 2 mg's and outspammed me, like I claimed. As soviets its either maxim spamm or trying to go with the spamm.

How do I put the replay in ?

http://www.coh2.org/guides/4164/how-to-watch-replays
30 Nov 2014, 16:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Uploaded it

Well done! You got there before me :)

Now we can try to make sense of what happened! Thanks:)
30 Nov 2014, 16:43 PM

he got 3 penals.

Spam

Kappa

In all seriousness you should not loose right after you drive your M3 into a shreck squad. While it is a shame spam and blobs are powerful strategies combined arms is not as weak as you are making it out to be.
30 Nov 2014, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned
I know how it would have gone onwards, he would get more infantry, a luchs, more shreck squads and spamm it into oblivion. The OKW faction just makes me sick from disgust.

In team games I can beat them without hardship since I can get more units quicker due to the larger map. But in 1v1 you just can't keep up with their spam unless you go the boring maxim and conscript start xd
30 Nov 2014, 16:51 PM

Well what are you talking about then? Both factions start with same manpower (OKW with a bit less, but with a stronger Sturmpionier instead), they have the same income. You can invest as many ressources as he can. If he gets a much bigger army, it is probably because you mess up the early engagements and have to invest more into reinforcements.

Theoretically with his army composition he may have not built any tier building whereas you did, so I guess he could be one squad up because of that. Without a replay we won't know.
30 Nov 2014, 16:56 PM

Permanently Banned
Nope, in the first engagement I have an combat engineer unit (useless for fighting anything the OKW has, and I had 3 penals. He had an sturmpio squad and 3 volksgrenadiers squads. Same number of units but far more viable if blobbed. After that I lost a squad due to it being killed on the retreat after me trying to fight off the horde and then he got 2 mgs and a shreck squad. That army is far to viable. It can counter pretty much anything apart from the maxim spamm or sniper spamm, which are boring tactics.

Not to mention if he had gotten a kubel it would have been more disgusting

People seem to forget that the OKWs starting unit is a very good and worthy unit, something which boggles my mind about why they would give them such a strong unit to begin with....
30 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM
Patrion 310

30 Nov 2014, 17:24 PM

Let's be honest first, you played really badly.

Ask yourself why have you engage the fight here. What was you trying to do? Defending, earning something from that fight.
He is there in this tiny portion of the map with all his troops, and you have all the rest of map to cap free for capping, and 1 squad to cutoff him.
Let me tell you what you should have done, exactly in the same configuration.

1- You move your engineer squad to his cutoff and while cutting his sector, you build a mine in the road.
2- His reaction would be to move his blob, or to split it to recover his cutoff
3.1 He moves all his squads, you follow him and harass. Looking for protection we would probably have hit the mine with some of his units. Maybe retreat after that, maybe GG insulting you of how cheater you are.
3.2 He moves half of his squads, you rape the remaining with your penal, he would probably retreat them and you rush for his cutoff, chasing the other half, he hits the mine, maybe retreat, maybe GG insulting you of how cheater you are.

30 Nov 2014, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 17:24 PMEsxile
Let's be honest first, you played really badly.

1- You move your engineer squad to his cutoff and while cutting his sector, you build a mine in the road.
2- His reaction would be to move his blob, or to split it to recover his cutoff
3.1 He moves all his squads, you follow him and harass. Looking for protection we would probably have hit the mine with some of his units. Maybe retreat after that, maybe GG insulting you of how cheater you are.
3.2 He moves half of his squads, you rape the remaining with your penal, he would probably retreat them and you rush for his cutoff, chasing the other half, he hits the mine, maybe retreat, maybe GG insulting you of how cheater you are.

This, and the part about insulting you got me good.
Remember that we have two kinds of blobbing, tactical blobbing (exactly what Rome says) and idiotic blobbing. Most players use the latter one, meaning they just create a huge blob and roam around the map. If they do this you have two options, one is to try and suppress them with MG (you will need a spotter of course) and one is to cap the map/cut offs and build mines/demo charges as exile said.
30 Nov 2014, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 19:20 PMRMMLz

If they do this you have two options, one is to try and suppress them with MG (you will need a spotter of course)

Even with spotter, maxim can't stop blobs.

And when obers are out, they can stop anything anymore.
30 Nov 2014, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 19:20 PMRMMLz

Remember that we have two kinds of blobbing, tactical blobbing (exactly what Rome says) and idiotic blobbing.

:) Tactical blobbing. The delusion is strong in this one.
30 Nov 2014, 20:26 PM

If my calculations are correct, he spent 1720MP while you spent 1330MP. Even if you got a 4th Penal squad, you wouldn't overtake him in manpower spent.
30 Nov 2014, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 19:54 PMGreeb

Even with spotter, maxim can't stop blobs.

And when obers are out, they can stop anything anymore.

Ubers are kinda broken cause they snipe units, but they can stop volks.
30 Nov 2014, 20:36 PM

:) Tactical blobbing. The delusion is strong in this one.

Go argue with romeo about that. If you ask me blobbing is lazy and cheap (I don't say I don't blob though, I sometimes do), but you know what I mean. Most players just mindlessly move their blob without thinking, but some rely on blobs to flank and micro their units (you may call that "Infantry Heavy" but that's still blobbing in my book).
30 Nov 2014, 21:29 PM

Permanently Banned
If my calculations are correct, he spent 1720MP while you spent 1330MP. Even if you got a 4th Penal squad, you wouldn't overtake him in manpower spent.

You forget I had to build t1, plus I had like 300 ish manpower when I attacked, but had to micro so couldn't build anything. But come on.. A lot of guys here trying to claim that blobbing is tactical or bla die bla, face the freaking fact that it is the only thing that faction is doing since it came on the field in western fronts expansion
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS