Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger

PAGES (10)down
19 Nov 2014, 23:15 PM

The Jagdtiger Changes were needed badly. Not sure why people are claiming it useless or bad. it still is the hard counter to armour. maybe in 1v1 it is no worthwile to call in and a Panther would be more suitable, but otherwise in 2v2 and up the jagdtiger is still king of AT.

High Pen,85 Range and High Armour makes it worth its price. And concrete shells are the same price as ISU concrete rounds if i recall.
19 Nov 2014, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 21:08 PMArclyte

More armor, longer range, more penetration

the most important part is what else will be with the unit. The Elefant is called in from a balanced faction, and the jagdtiger is called in from the Ubermensch SS-Relic division

lol ss relic division. That's quite good. I think I will use that
19 Nov 2014, 23:56 PM

lol yeah guys relic is so nazi lol i bet they have ovens in the breakroom lol

You realise how ridiculous you sound? There aren't even any references to Nazis in the game, the only one that comes close is Obersoldaten complaining about "our leader", and the word "waffen" in the game files referring to Obers. If you stretch it, you could complain about the SS Camouflage used by Panzergrenadiers and Obersoldaten, but camouflage itself isn't an icon. Meanwhile the Hammer and Sickle, Soviet Flags, Commissars, the NKVD, and Stalin are all freely depicted or mentioned. Don't you think if Relic were "Nazi", they would at least opt to censor Soviet icons as well?
20 Nov 2014, 00:11 AM

You realise how ridiculous you sound? There aren't even any references to Nazis in the game, the only one that comes close is Obersoldaten complaining about "our leader", and the word "waffen" in the game files referring to Obers. If you stretch it, you could complain about the SS Camouflage used by Panzergrenadiers and Obersoldaten, but camouflage itself isn't an icon. Meanwhile the Hammer and Sickle, Soviet Flags, Commissars, the NKVD, and Stalin are all freely depicted or mentioned. Don't you think if Relic were "Nazi", they would at least opt to censor Soviet icons as well?

I think It is because people in the West are comfortable seeong all those ussr emblems and hearing phrases of stalin because we can make fun of it. The soviets in this game are like a caricature to be laughes at (yes it is bad but i think thats how ot is in this game ).

Meanwhile, the nazis are still a sensitive subject, especially in germany due to their association with the holocaust, so it wouldbe bad to mentiom them. It is kinda double standards, but thats how i see it
20 Nov 2014, 00:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Here is a pretty good explanation of that. Now please get back on topic.
20 Nov 2014, 00:25 AM
Donator 11

High Pen,85 Range and High Armour makes it worth its price. And concrete shells are the same price as ISU concrete rounds if i recall.

Yeah they are, what I wanted to say that if we want isu and jagttiger in the good spot of ballance the price of those shells should be lower on both units. That ability is one of the least used in the whole game, and always was, beacause of its price. It was ok back when those units were OP so nobody raised the topic but right now when we have units themselves ballanced we should also ballance their abilities.
20 Nov 2014, 00:58 AM

Basically Jadg and Isu don't need to be in game...
20 Nov 2014, 01:52 AM
Patrion 14

Jagdtiger is still a beast.

People who call it useless after it lost the ability to shoot through geometry - what the hell? It still has the highest range in the game, the highest penetration, the highest frontal armour, and inflicts roughly a billion damage per shot.

But somehow it's useless because, in addition to all that, it can no longer do it all from behind a house? Instead it must have a clear line of sight, just like EVERY OTHER GODDAMN ARMOUR PIECE IN THE GAME.

That poor, poor thing. How ever shall it manage?
20 Nov 2014, 01:58 AM

It's also got the highest price and the lowest mobility. I'd rather get an Elefant for my AT work, at least it moves slightly faster and can rotate at a half-decent pace.
20 Nov 2014, 02:59 AM

Time to retire that card and focus on other issues.
20 Nov 2014, 03:10 AM

It's also got the highest price and the lowest mobility. I'd rather get an Elefant for my AT work, at least it moves slightly faster and can rotate at a half-decent pace.

Sure. But you can't get an elefant as OKW. Like how you can get Obersoldaten as Ostheer. Also the speed of the Jagdtiger isn't that bad due to its range. If you want to counter the jagdtiger the Allies have to go all in so i still think jagdtiger is strong.
20 Nov 2014, 03:23 AM

You'd be better off getting a Panther and saving the rest of the fuel for a second Panther.
20 Nov 2014, 03:25 AM

It's balanced but overpriced, it could use a 30-35 fuel decrease.
20 Nov 2014, 03:25 AM

I guess I must have missed a patch or something but did the JT lose its ability to demolish infantry and AT guns?
20 Nov 2014, 04:45 AM
Benefactor 115

Is it balanced? That's a tough question so early after the patch. However, I think you can retire that particular card as the items deemed problematic on it have been addressed.

I am open to the idea that the Jadg may need some tweaking in price or popcap or mobility. Time will tell.
20 Nov 2014, 07:26 AM

Well I think JT is faster than Ele after upgrade.
20 Nov 2014, 07:34 AM

Jt seems pretty mobile actually lol, more so than the Elefant
20 Nov 2014, 07:40 AM

Well I think JT is faster than Ele after upgrade.

I actually tested this, after the upgrade I'd say it's about equal. It's very very slightly faster, like you'll see the difference if you put them side-by-side and order them to drive 50 meters. But on the other hand, the JT accelerates and decelerates much slower than the Elefant, and rotates slower as well.
20 Nov 2014, 07:42 AM

Completely agree. In addition, I like to mention that would like to see the Waffen SS troops in the game. This would be historically accurate and balanced because NKVD and Commissars are right there. But this could be insulting for some people, so we will probably never see that.

On topic: Jagdiger it's ok now. It has its special niche, no need for a cost decrease. Harder to use on city maps, it's still perfectly viable for open maps.
20 Nov 2014, 07:43 AM

its still fine on open maps. It was too abusive and frustrating to deal with on urban maps
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 101
unknown 20
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %