Login

russian armor

Ardennes Assault - US Rangers

13 Nov 2014, 20:31 PM

WFA commanders will be released in the near future. If not by AA's release, then surely shortly after. Relic needs to release new WFA commanders already. Eastern factions have way more commanders, and yes some of them are quite underwhelming (although fun if you finally gain the balls to try them out).

6 WFA commanders each like 5 months after release..yknow, you kinda need new content for them.

But NO! Ardennes Assault, the heavily requested single player only expansion, needs to be released first. Thanks Relic.

:foreveralone:
13 Nov 2014, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 19:10 PMKatitof

Oh they probably will, but it won't be even close to what you see on AA prewieves.

Even SP and MP guards are significantly different.
What makes you believe they would copy this?

How do you know that? And i didn't say that they will copy it! I'm just saying that the Ranger Commanders is coming. Period!
13 Nov 2014, 21:10 PM

How do you know that? And i didn't say that they will copy it! I'm just saying that the Ranger Commanders is coming. Period!

Look at their skill set.

Apply common sense.

No rocket science required.
Only Relic postRelic 14 Nov 2014, 01:33 AM
Developer Relic Badge

<sneaks into thread>
<drops video>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtL8-PudM-w&list=UUXgK_BvNF2j7qH_NZcNlSeQ

<vanishes in a puff of smoke>
14 Nov 2014, 04:55 AM

14 Nov 2014, 05:18 AM

If Relic actually does bring the US Rangers into multiplayer down the road, then they better put effort into it and by that I mean get a new voice actor instead of using the VA of existing units. In CoH1, each and every unit had different voices, lines and etc but in CoH2, a number of units all use the same VA and in some cases, have the same exact skin despite the units are supposed to be "new" units or different.
14 Nov 2014, 05:29 AM

New stripe confirmed? :P

Thought that was exclusive for Foxtrot company vehicles.
14 Nov 2014, 07:01 AM

If Relic actually does bring the US Rangers into multiplayer down the road, then they better put effort into it and by that I mean get a new voice actor instead of using the VA of existing units. In CoH1, each and every unit had different voices, lines and etc but in CoH2, a number of units all use the same VA and in some cases, have the same exact skin despite the units are supposed to be "new" units or different.

They use the same voice as Vehicle Crews, and I don't see the problem. Not only do Vehicle Crews have an unusually gruff voice, but you won't hear the majority of their voice lines anyway because they the vast majority of their time in vehicles or entering them.
14 Nov 2014, 07:06 AM

Great, let me know when Vehicle crews become a main combat infantry unit. The Rangers in CoH1 were unique, had their own cool voice acting and etc, so I expect Relic to put the same effort into CoH2 Rangers as they did in CoH1. This is assuming they actually release US Rangers for multiplayer via a new Commander or something. It'd be better if they don't add them and focus on balance but you never know with Relic.
14 Nov 2014, 07:08 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Relic games always had a single voice actor playing several units, though it wouldn't of hurt them to ask one of the VAs in AA to do some additional VA for units that could be saved for the future.

CoH 1: Wehrmacht: MG, Mortar, Puma, Motorcycle, Ostwind, 251: one VA
US: MG, Mortar, Riflemen: one VA
US: light vehicles, ATG: one VA

Also
Coh 2:
US: Assault Engineers, Medics, Vehicle Crews: One guy

Maybe I could make a voice reel for units like Ranger, Assault Grenadiers, etc and that could be turned into a mod in the future....
14 Nov 2014, 07:13 AM

Personally I think it'd be funny if Assault Grenadiers got Volksgrenadier VA and Model. Their loadout and effectiveness certainly makes them seem like Volksgrenadiers.
14 Nov 2014, 07:15 AM

No way, are you sure all those Wehrmacht units had the same VA? They all had different voices though unless my memory has gone to hell. I'm 99% sure all of those German units weren't voiced by one person but by about 2-5 people.

Regardless, i'm specifically talking about the same exact voice lines units in CoH2 share. One example is the Jaeger Light Infantry and the Wehrmacht Storm Troopers. I was ecstatic about Storm Troopers being added since I thought it would mean new voice lines, new textures and perhaps a new VA(Or at the very least a different German accent, so it can be distinguished from other German infantry), but I was very wrong when I found out it was a Jaeger Light Infantry Unit except for its icon.

14 Nov 2014, 08:51 AM

I hope Ranger should have unique Quote
if use quote like Assault Engi (sample "Standby Stand by")
it mean not have cool skill action quote like COH1 (sample "To jerry with love" when use Grenade skill )
It is boring :p
14 Nov 2014, 09:34 AM
Patrion 14

I hope Ranger should have unique Quote
if use quote like Assault Engi (sample "Standby Stand by")
it mean not have cool skill action quote like COH1 (sample "To jerry with love" when use Grenade skill )
It is boring :p

rangers lead the way! gotta be in there
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight