Login

russian armor

Ostheer vs USF

12 Nov 2014, 03:19 AM

All blobs are pretty unstoppable. What it comes down to at that point is the ability for a player to cause instant/1shot squad wipes.

The problem with blobbing for Ostheer is their 4 man squads cannot stand up to more than a single barrage/volley of an oncoming blob before needing to retreat or be wiped, AND it means that they are unsuitable to create blobs of their own because they get shaved down so easily.

In a sense, it is the same dynamic that the USF suffers with their medium armor against heavies: the only way to fight the enemy is by having superior numbers go up against superior firepower.
12 Nov 2014, 15:59 PM

late game blobs are definitely better for ostheer as grens scale much better than rifles with the possible exception of 1919 blob , but again ost has g43s as well , but ostheer has the mg42 and the reliable mortar and the mht to weaken this blob for the grens to mop up , add to this that axis tanks and paks are simply better than the american ones and you have parity on infantry and superiority on armor in the late game and that is without mentioning the strafing run and the whole mechanised assault commander . That means that your combined arms are stronger and with a manpower hungry faction like usf that means trouble .

Now if you are talking about the early game you need to learn to place your mgs properly .

BTW spamming infantry isnt blobbing , if your opponent flanks you well he should take the fight
12 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM

Well, USF cannot counter snipers, well positioned PAKs and HMGs. Hell even ost heavy armor cause too much trouble for USF.

M20, Smoke Nade, Pack Howitzer, M8A1.
12 Nov 2014, 16:14 PM

Like Romeo said, it often comes down to the map. Unfortunately for Ostheer most maps are terrible for them. Atleast in my opinion!
12 Nov 2014, 16:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Like Romeo said, it often comes down to the map. Unfortunately for Ostheer most maps are terrible for them. Atleast in my opinion!

What would you say are bad Ostheer maps?
12 Nov 2014, 16:33 PM

#1 Do you ever have something constructive to say?

#2 Do you even play COH2 multiplayer?

It seems to me that all you do is flame and trawl the forums? The classic allied fanboy forum warrior it seems.....

Simple solution:
Install Tempermonkey plugin for Chrome, manage scripts, and create this one:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Ignore Dicks
// @namespace http://your.homepage/
// @version 0.1
// @description enter something useful
// @author You
// @match http://www.coh2.org/*
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

var ignores = [9409];
$.each(ignores, function(i, uid) {
$('.header a[href^="/user/'+uid+'/"]').closest('.post').hide();//.height(30);
$('.quote_top a[href^="/user/'+uid+'/"]').closest('.quote_top').next().hide();
});

You will never ever read that guy again, and even if someone quotes him, the quoted text will be hidden. Trust me, browsing this forum with that fix installed feels like a NEW and ENJOYABLE experience, again.

BTW, you can add userids of whatever dick you want to ignore in the ignores tab using this format:
var ignores = [9409, XXX, YYY, ZZZ];

You can find XXX, YYY and ZZZ by hovering someone's link to profile and see the number in the link that is shown by your browser, for example, mine is 11083.
12 Nov 2014, 16:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There are far way more horrible maps for USF rather than to OH
12 Nov 2014, 16:36 PM

What would you say are bad Ostheer maps?

Both Semoiskys, Stalingrad, Kholodny winter and Kharkov.
The only map I really like playing is Langreskaya I guess. Minsk is good as Ostheer but not a very funny map in general.
12 Nov 2014, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 16:33 PMSlaYoU

Simple solution:
Install Tempermonkey plugin for Chrome, manage scripts, and create this one:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Ignore Dicks
// @namespace http://your.homepage/
// @version 0.1
// @description enter something useful
// @author You
// @match http://www.coh2.org/*
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

var ignores = [9409];
$.each(ignores, function(i, uid) {
$('.header a[href^="/user/'+uid+'/"]').closest('.post').hide();//.height(30);
$('.quote_top a[href^="/user/'+uid+'/"]').closest('.quote_top').next().hide();
});

You will never ever read that guy again, and even if someone quotes him, the quoted text will be hidden. Trust me, browsing this forum with that fix installed feels like a NEW and ENJOYABLE experience, again.

BTW, you can add userids of whatever dick you want to ignore in the ignores tab using this format:
var ignores = [9409, XXX, YYY, ZZZ];

You can find XXX, YYY and ZZZ by hovering someone's link to profile and see the number in the link that is shown by your browser, for example, mine is 11083.

Perfecto sir! Much appreciated!
12 Nov 2014, 16:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Both Semoiskys, Stalingrad, Kholodny winter and Kharkov.

Don't forget La Gleize.
12 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM

Don't forget La Gleize.

Oh yeah, thanks!
12 Nov 2014, 17:00 PM

Kharkov bad for ostheer? Lol wut.

I do agree that this match up depends mostly on the map more than anything else.
12 Nov 2014, 17:08 PM
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 17:00 PMBurts
Kharkov bad for ostheer? Lol wut.

I do agree that this match up depends mostly on the map more than anything else.

Kharkov is bad because of the forward cutoff on the fuel. Ost lives and dies by its late game with Tigers/Panthers, so you have to have fuel. The problem lies in the fact that Ost early game vs. USF early game is quite a struggle for the Ost player and they're (generally) forced to play extremely defensively, unless the USF player is really bad.

What I'm trying to say here is, good luck making any kind of offensive push against USF as Ostheer until mid/late game, without conceding a bunch of other territory.
12 Nov 2014, 19:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What's the problem with Kholodny Winter (you get the good spawn). Semoisky, if you don't struggle early game, an MG42 and 2 paks is all you are gonna need for the rest of the game.
13 Nov 2014, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 17:03 PMKatitof
Wat... I don't remember ever seeing USF player saying ost is too strong against USF.

OP, you on crack again?

Also, if you have problem with USF blobs, learn what assault support commander is.

lol, offering a doctrinal solution to a non-doctrinal inf blob. GTFO, Katitof, allied lover.
13 Nov 2014, 10:43 AM

lol, offering a doctrinal solution to a non-doctrinal inf blob. GTFO, Katitof, allied lover.

Hey mr. butthurtdevil, ever played as soviets?

The game is all about doctrinal counters for non doctrinal situations for allies, it doesn't matter what devs say on the matter, because its not even close to reality(meta), its not end of the world that there is one or two instances where axis need that too.

So, GTFO GreenDevil, random idiot.
13 Nov 2014, 11:11 AM

I sense some moderation in the air.... At list you could use "garden" and "pudding" :D
13 Nov 2014, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 11:11 AMJohnnyB
At list you could use "garden" and "pudding" :D

and witty and briiiiiiight!
And I pity any girl who isn't me toniiiiiiiight
13 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM

and witty and briiiiiiight!
And I pity any girl who isn't me toniiiiiiiight

Hey, Katitof and Green! Some Anger treatment here

13 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 10:43 AMKatitof

Hey mr. butthurtdevil, ever played as soviets?

The game is all about doctrinal counters for non doctrinal situations for allies, it doesn't matter what devs say on the matter, because its not even close to reality(meta), its not end of the world that there is one or two instances where axis need that too.

So, GTFO GreenDevil, random idiot.

lol 3273 posts of no life. Play more instead of posting and you might actually understand the game, champion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★