Login

russian armor

JU-87 Strafe shredding tanks.

PAGES (8)down
11 Nov 2014, 20:14 PM

I could just as easily make a thread called "p47 strafe shredding tanks" and get a similar response. Never used the ju87 but I can say the p47 is insanely devastating. Its an iwin button vs axis late game. It has a huge radius (tried moving two screens away, still hit me) and loiters for an eternity now. KTs and Tiger aces are toast in a few seconds. At least the ju87 doesn't outright kill heavy tanks. Along with blobs of paratroopers, this commander is cheese with wings. And there's two planes! TWO! That's what I don't get.

If ju87 gets nerfed p47 needs to be as well. I prefer toning both of them down for a cost reduction.
11 Nov 2014, 20:16 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 20:14 PMSierra

How about no? It still arrives 3x slower than P-47's or IL-2's. It's fine as it is considering it can only kill Allied medium tanks that are neglected or ignored in placement.

Erm... no it doesnt.
11 Nov 2014, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 20:14 PMSierra

How about no? It still arrives 3x slower than P-47's or IL-2's. It's fine as it is considering it can only kill Allied medium tanks that are neglected or ignored in placement.

If by "arrives 3x slower" you meant "exactly at the same time" then you are right.

Also, IL-2 doesn't wipe any infantry anymore unless its low on hp and it does nothing to vehicles.
11 Nov 2014, 20:42 PM

stuka strafe can actually penetrate all tanks, it can even take 50% of ISU health
11 Nov 2014, 21:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 15:39 PMsteel
Schrage musik? I would love to see it shoot things below it. :p

Unless I am mistaken, Schrage music pointed upwards - into the soft, unseeing underbelly...
12 Nov 2014, 03:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You'd be correct

I think he is talking about the HE-177 not the DO-217.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_177#Experimental_weapon_loads
12 Nov 2014, 04:03 AM

Unless I am mistaken, Schrage music pointed upwards - into the soft, unseeing underbelly...
I know. It's just the guy said DO-217 which had the 4x 20mm MG151 pointed upwards (quad cannons), hence, the tongue smiley( I really don't know what to call it). :)
12 Nov 2014, 04:57 AM

It's a 200 mu airstrike, Its pretty expensive like the p47.
It a at loitering AT air support, If its too good vs infantry make it target tanks only.

If it dose end up getting nerfed (I think its fine tbh if anything increase cost to 230) Don't touch the CAS one it's finally good and can be dodged by moving the tank.

Or just bring IL-2 up to its level, nothing wrong with that.
Vaz
12 Nov 2014, 07:22 AM

Well, I just had this used on me and man is it cheap! My Jackson took 1 hit from KT and then the stuka instantly destroyed it, while the Jackson was on the reverse. The p47 is more expensive, dodgeable, and delivers the damage slower over time. This ability needs an adjustment. I'm not against it doing it's job, but this level of accuracy and damage is beyond the p47. If we are ok with this, that's fine, but the p47 needs to meet or exceed this accuracy and damage, considering higher costs. When I launch a p47 attack, I expect some damage will be done, but mostly I want to cause confusion and drown out the other players sounds. That I seem to be able to count on. If I could count on every rocket landing on the armor target, things would be so much easier. The rockets will miss even stationary targets. So, there is a large performance divide between these attacks now. Here is the replay of me getting wtfpwned and ironically a mega fail p47 strike that barely did anything in a a battle between 2 jacksons and 2 panzerIV (hint: Jacksons lost :megusta: )

12 Nov 2014, 07:47 AM

I dont mind to nerf the J87 but do it the same with P47 - so they would be absolutly usless. So Ostheer could build tanks again.
12 Nov 2014, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 07:22 AMVaz
Well, I just had this used on me and man is it cheap! My Jackson took 1 hit from KT and then the stuka instantly destroyed it, while the Jackson was on the reverse. The p47 is more expensive, dodgeable, and delivers the damage slower over time. This ability needs an adjustment. I'm not against it doing it's job, but this level of accuracy and damage is beyond the p47. If we are ok with this, that's fine, but the p47 needs to meet or exceed this accuracy and damage, considering higher costs. When I launch a p47 attack, I expect some damage will be done, but mostly I want to cause confusion and drown out the other players sounds. That I seem to be able to count on. If I could count on every rocket landing on the armor target, things would be so much easier. The rockets will miss even stationary targets. So, there is a large performance divide between these attacks now. Here is the replay of me getting wtfpwned and ironically a mega fail p47 strike that barely did anything in a a battle between 2 jacksons and 2 panzerIV (hint: Jacksons lost :megusta: )

So to sum up that first sentence:
"One of the strongest tanks in the game 50% damaged my tank, one of the most squishy tanks in the game and then a >>AT STRAFE<< finished off my low tank"
12 Nov 2014, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 07:22 AMVaz

so after getting shot at by the heaviest tank the axis got in coh2 you suspect it to survive an attack with a 200 munitions ability? in my humble opinion an ability that wasnt able to kill a jackson that was shot by an KT is not worth bothering with at all (at a cost of 200 ammo that is)

i havent seen it being used that often though
Vaz
12 Nov 2014, 08:43 AM

The issue is not that I lost my jackson. The issue is the difference between the plane attacks. We have a 200mu non-dodgeable attack and a 240mu dodgeable attack. Something is wrong.
12 Nov 2014, 08:47 AM

nerf the J87 but do it the same with P47 - so they would be absolutly usless. So Ostheer could build tanks again.
12 Nov 2014, 09:33 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 08:43 AMVaz
The issue is not that I lost my jackson. The issue is the difference between the plane attacks. We have a 200mu non-dodgeable attack and a 240mu dodgeable attack. Something is wrong.

reverse and get out of the area. Yes it is dodgeable.
12 Nov 2014, 10:13 AM

The problem are not J87 and P47 anti tank straffes. The problem is really US not having proper counter for German late game heavies.

Imagine every time I play US I go airborn because, I know that in the late game the only thing that can save me if I fucked up during the game is the P47.

That is the problem, J87 and P47 are ok. But Ostheer will survive if they do not choose J87 commandeer, while in other hand P47 is only solution that reliable against Axis Heavies
12 Nov 2014, 10:16 AM

IMO I think Jacksons are a pretty good option against the axis late game.
They do hell of a damage and penetrate quite often. In addition they have a huge range. It's like a better and stronger Puma.

Without this it would just be the same boring and repetive gameplay in all 4 factions.

Every Lategame would consinst of spamming those tanks:

Tiger, King Tiger/Jagdtiger, IS2/ISU, *Insert US heavy here*...
12 Nov 2014, 15:54 PM

reverse and get out of the area. Yes it is dodgeable.

Not really, played a 2v2 yesterday (as axis) my mate used the Ju87 on a reversing Jackson. The Jackson iirc had full health, although reversing, the Jackson got hit by the Ju87 and ended up with 10% HP remaining and an enigne critical.

So ya, after seeing this ability in action for a while, i agree it needs either a dmg reduction or accuracy nerf.
12 Nov 2014, 16:54 PM

JU-87 and P-47s are fine. Stop complaining about an ability that cost munitions for extra damage on tanks. Either disengage the enemy when the air strike occurs or eat a Tiger + Jackson shot to the face with combined arms from the air force.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight