Login

russian armor

Why does the M20 mine need to one shot the Puma?

3 Nov 2014, 14:51 PM

Simple, don't run over the mine.
3 Nov 2014, 16:00 PM

Its fine, OKW mine sweeper needs the same range as all the other fractions. Buffing bazookas wont help that much seeing how the OKW puma has both sight and smoke allowing it to get out of jail. Common sense in seeing an M20 is.... oh he's probably going to mine somewhere. I should be cautious about getting baited into mines with my light vehicles and avoid roads and key junctions. I should get sweepers or I'll just skip building light vehicles go straight for obers and AT infantry units and steam roll everything and get my heavy tanks to finish the game.
3 Nov 2014, 16:54 PM

Wehrmacht have so its there.

And its not like soviets have M20 mines either you know.

Totally irrelevant, since the post is about OKW puma vs US M20 mine. Did you even read it before you started whinging about other factions?
3 Nov 2014, 17:16 PM

M20 mine is so OP, it destroyed my 221 scout car. The mine should be nerfed and deal at least 20% of teller's mine damage, cus Germans had ubermines.
3 Nov 2014, 17:24 PM

M20 mine is so OP, it destroyed my 221 scout car. The mine should be nerfed and deal at least 20% of teller's mine damage, cus Germans had ubermines.

Not the first or last time something is made up to suit their own bias.

Totally irrelevant, since the post is about OKW puma vs US M20 mine. Did you even read it before you started whinging about other factions?

^
3 Nov 2014, 17:28 PM

Teller mine is so OP, it destroyed my M20 :hyper:
3 Nov 2014, 17:32 PM

Teller mine is so OP, it destroyed my M20 :hyper:

No. They are UP. A single teller mine should destroy IS2.
3 Nov 2014, 17:33 PM

No. They are UP. A single teller mine should destroy IS2.

Derail some more away from the real issue being discussed.
3 Nov 2014, 17:40 PM

It's fair. It is fairly obvious that M20 mines are going to be on the field when you see someone go LTD into M20. M20 mines are heavy anti-tank mines which are known to 1-shot light armor. M20-, Teller- and Riegel mines all 1-shot light vehicles/tanks such as Pumas, T-70s, SU76s, all types of Halftracks etc.

The real problem is that OKW mine-sweepers don't share the same range as other mine sweepers, making it difficult quickly sweep areas of the map for mines.
3 Nov 2014, 17:51 PM

It's fair. It is fairly obvious that M20 mines are going to be on the field when you see someone go LTD into M20. M20 mines are heavy anti-tank mines which are known to 1-shot light armor. M20-, Teller- and Riegel mines all 1-shot light vehicles/tanks such as Pumas, T-70s, SU76s, all types of Halftracks etc.

The real problem is that OKW mine-sweepers don't share the same range as other mine sweepers, making it difficult quickly sweep areas of the map for mines.

+1, good post Aero. Pretty much the perfect answer.

And I'll echo your sentiment on OKW sweepers - my main problem with them is that it is generally not feasible to have two Sturm squads sweeping the field for mines because of their cost and necessity to use in combat - especially early/mid game. Whereas it is easy, and quite common to field two squads of pios, RET, and CEs by the mid/late game. I wouldn't mind seeing a range increase on the OKW sweeper or maybe even allowing the IR HT to sweep for mines (but not deactivate them - like it would just reveal them on the map the same way a sweeper does but if you run over it... well... you dun goofed) - however I also wouldn't mind the increased difficulty of sweeping to stay as one of OKW's weaknesses.
3 Nov 2014, 17:53 PM

+2 Aero. Not to mention that the strenght of the mine keeps the M20 useful in the late, and adds a big incentive to keep the unit alive.
3 Nov 2014, 17:58 PM

Did you read the following discussions and arguments or were you too busy nit picking stuff out of context?
3 Nov 2014, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 14:27 PMRomeo
OKW minesweeper needs more sight radius. Other than that I see no problem here.

I would agree that they need a range boost on minesweepers but then again sturmengi is the only units that can swap. I think that means no range buff unless they take out the swapping. it just seems like that was the thought process
3 Nov 2014, 18:30 PM

if u see Lt then get mine sweeper if u sweep a mine u make him waste 60 muni.. just play smart.
3 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

well, whatever the thought process, I think it's dumb and they should have properly working minesweepers. I've seen a luchs blow up on my m20 mine while a minesweeper was standing like right next to it.
3 Nov 2014, 18:39 PM

yea but the way I would balance it is put a decent swap time on sweeper and raise range of sweeping by 35%
3 Nov 2014, 18:49 PM

A/T mine did its job, please nerf?

3 Nov 2014, 18:54 PM

I think the real question we should all be asking.

Why does the Jagdtiger TWO shot every US vehicle from 85 range through any type of shot blocker, including and not limited to an ENTIRE FREAKING FACTORY.

Vs mine, you use OKW uber mine detector.

Vs Jagdtiger you surround it with rifleman, damage engine (after 2-3 at nades bounce off and a lucky hit gets through), call in artillery barrage, attack the flank with jackson till it dies, throw more AT grenades at it (all of which bounce off), throw another tank at it (which then also dies), and finally your teammate shows up with ISU152 and destroys it.
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 19:06 PM

I'm starting to like this thread now, the jokes are making me laugh :D
3 Nov 2014, 19:18 PM

Why not just use your kubel ahead of your puma? You get the fuel back anyway. Buffing the bazookas will just mean swapping REs out of the m20 then there will be complaints about both the mine disabling and the crew killing and round and round we go :-P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★