Login

russian armor

Why does the M20 mine need to one shot the Puma?

3 Nov 2014, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Tellers kill USF light vehicles in one hit. WHERES THE BALANCE, GERMAN PLAYERS??? PLZ EXPLAIN QQQQQQQQ :snfPeter:
3 Nov 2014, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 11:14 AMEsxile
Puma isn't a early unit but a mid-game one, so you should be right.
You can also play smart and have a sturmpio minesweeper opening his path instead of rushing the M20 like you do with you koningkubel.

Not really, usually first unit out besides volks, pios & kubel. So I would say early game.

By the time I have mine swept all the main areas us player has already capped the whole map since volks + kubel & 1-2 schreks can't counter riflespam + kiting m20.

Im so sorry that the only proper AT in T1 can kill your else uncountered Puma. Really sorry. :guyokay:

AA HT can 1v1 Puma.

Tellers kill USF light vehicles in one hit. WHERES THE BALANCE, GERMAN PLAYERS??? PLZ EXPLAIN QQQQQQQQ :snfPeter:

Another genius. OKW has teller right?
3 Nov 2014, 11:29 AM

AA HT can 1v1 Puma.

lol :foreveralone:

:lolol:

3 Nov 2014, 11:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I really like the m20 gameplay with mine against the puma. The m20 will generally only have the munition to upgrade skirts and lay 1 mine before your puma is out, so that one is probably placed on the obvious spots at crossings. The m20 will try to bait you over it when you are chasing so don't get too greedy.

The one thing broken about this is that the Sturm pio minesweeper detection range is ridiculously short, something like half the other factions
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM

Maybe the short range is to make-up for the fact that they can put them away on command, where no one else can.

As for OKW stopping m20. Yea you don't get a teller. A schu-mine does well though, you just have to follow it up if the USF bought armored skirts. Without the upgrade I think it 1 shots it, but I haven't checked yet. Shouldn't be too hard since you have about 4 or more different units capable of finishing it off.

There is a really strong mine that is in the game files for okw, but it doesn't seem to be in use right now.
3 Nov 2014, 12:15 PM

Another genius. OKW has teller right?

Wehrmacht have so its there.

And its not like soviets have M20 mines either you know.
3 Nov 2014, 12:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 12:12 PMVaz
Maybe the short range is to make-up for the fact that they can put them away on command, where no one else can.

That's to make up for being twice as expensive (or thereabouts)- 320MP vs 160/170MP sweepers. The OKW sweeper has an absolutely awful range- about the width of a road or so, which makes it very tedious/frustrating to clear a path. your vehicles literally have to follow in the footsteps of the sweeper, which is not very practical.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 12:12 PMVaz

As for OKW stopping m20. Yea you don't get a teller. A schu-mine does well though, you just have to follow it up if the USF bought armored skirts. Without the upgrade I think it 1 shots it, but I haven't checked yet.

unupgraded M20 has 240HP, upgraded 320HP, and a mine does 200 damage. main problem with mines is - you need shrecks and one mine will significantly delay it because muni income is already lower than standard, and there's no reason for the USF not to get sweepers on REs, so mines get swept pretty regularly.

M20 mine is kinda necessary for the USF right now, mainly because bazookas are pretty bad, I think. you can't really efficiently take out a puma in the lieut tier, and lieut-captain is way too slow to deal with it. Should the zook get a buff, the mine would probably deserve a looking-over.
3 Nov 2014, 12:47 PM

Wehrmacht have so its there.

And its not like soviets have M20 mines either you know.

Was I talking about that?

M20 mine is kinda necessary for the USF right now, mainly because bazookas are pretty bad, I think. you can't really efficiently take out a puma in the lieut tier, and lieut-captain is way too slow to deal with it. Should the zook get a buff, the mine would probably deserve a looking-over.

Buffed zook + m20 mine nerf is a fair trade. zooks do suck anyway. Though not buffed to the point where there are OP zook blobs, since they would be too spammable.
3 Nov 2014, 13:25 PM

Was I talking about that?

No, you was talking about something completely unrelated in any way to heavy, expensive anti tank mines one shotting light armor aka OKW aviability of the mines. They don't have to have them, its completely irrelevant, one axis faction have them and one allied faction have them.

Buffed zook + m20 mine nerf is a fair trade. zooks do suck anyway. Though not buffed to the point where there are OP zook blobs, since they would be too spammable.

This is no solution, because your problem does not exist.
Unless you want to nerf wehr mine and buff shrecks[following your logic] because tellers blow up T-70, M10 and others.

Stop being unreasonable, stop seeing problem where there is none, adapt and don't charge blindly after M20, use sweepers and L2P because this is what this thread is all about at the end.
3 Nov 2014, 14:26 PM

I'm sorry, but its completely reasonable that these mines destroy light vehicles and armored cars, they are designed to crit or destroy much heavier tanks. It was like this in WW2 and it is like this in the game.

There is a limit to all types of armor. End of.
3 Nov 2014, 14:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

OKW minesweeper needs more sight radius. Other than that I see no problem here.
3 Nov 2014, 14:31 PM

While it might be annoying I still think it's fine this way.
3 Nov 2014, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 14:27 PMRomeo
OKW minesweeper needs more sight radius. Other than that I see no problem here.

But perhaps Relic first made it have crappy range since the upgrade also improves repair rate? (Not that Sturmpioneers have the fastest repair rate already...)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★