Login

russian armor

Running Over Infantry

3 Nov 2014, 02:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do you guys feel it is cheap and dirty to run over shrek blobs with units like the Dozer Sherman or M10? Last game i absoulutely Rekt' this OKW players shrek+Officer blob with a dozer (Got 60 KILLS and vet 3 in a 5 minute RAMpage to win the game.)

Needless to say he cursed me and called me a cheater,even though personally i really didnt feel bad about it, i mean he WAS being a blobbing c*nt.
3 Nov 2014, 02:41 AM

Replays or it didn't happen :)
I think US need all the help they can get against OKW blobs.
3 Nov 2014, 02:55 AM

Replays or it didn't happen :)
I think US need all the help they can get against OKW blobs.

Sherman HE and M8 howie one-shotting squads isn't enough help? Throw in some demos too...
3 Nov 2014, 03:12 AM

You FEEL sympathy for those who blob... Shame on you, those who blob should be punished to the fullest extent
3 Nov 2014, 03:19 AM

German tanks are better at crushing, just use blitz MVGame
3 Nov 2014, 03:26 AM

You FEEL sympathy for those who blob... Shame on you, those who blob should be punished to the fullest extent

Indeed, no sympathy for blobbers! They deserve to lose! I always send a bit of smacktalk over their direction when I put the hammer down on a blob...

The problem is... the blobbers are always on my side... :(
3 Nov 2014, 03:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Heh, you just crushed my falls to death last match. It's fine as it is, if the person is paying attention it won't happen.
3 Nov 2014, 03:48 AM

It's not bad, but it's a real dick move to drive into their base to run over squads that have just retreated and are all stuck around the hq.
3 Nov 2014, 04:32 AM

Nah fuck blobs, they're the reason I haven't played in over a week, squish away!
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 04:53 AM

Every player can do it, so no it's not cheap and dirty.
3 Nov 2014, 07:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Squishing infantry is one of my favorite things about COH. Long live the squishers!
3 Nov 2014, 07:30 AM

Indeed, no sympathy for blobbers! They deserve to lose! I always send a bit of smacktalk over their direction when I put the hammer down on a blob...

The problem is... the blobbers are always on my side... :(

That's because blobs are viable in Allied shoes as well as in Axis shoes. Hell, I saw a high ranked 1v1 match in which both players were blobbing. I have to admit that if you know what you're doing and don't lose to manny units, blobbing could be the best weapon in COH2. These 2 guys were using just 3-4 types of units. For instance, Ostheer player used just grens, sdkfz, Pak, Tiger. The soviet player used just ppsh cons, ZIS, T34, T34/85. And that was all.

It's not the only 1v1 high rank I saw developed in this way. Even high ranks are using spam and blobbs. It's not as easy as in coh1, but spamming and blobbing is still viable in coh2.
3 Nov 2014, 08:14 AM

That's because blobs are viable in Allied shoes as well as in Axis shoes.

You don't say...
3 Nov 2014, 08:28 AM

In my last 3vs3 on Steppes my OKW opponents blobed with 4 sturmpioners, 4 volks, 2 obers all three of them. We didnt blob or had HMGS with AA halftrack so we lost. The Pack Howi did good but not good enough and the thing that hurt the most we ran into their base wiped nearly all their squads but they returned together with a new blob and many panthers. We lost to blob tactics and that hurts.
nee
3 Nov 2014, 13:10 PM

Is distance to target a modifer in this game? Because I think if a Sherman wants to risk running over infantry armed with AT, the closer they are the more damage they sustain. I don't know just how much difference there is to a tank firing its gun at another tank at ten feet rather than 100m, but from a gameplay standpoint, firing at point blank range should have more importance than simply maximizing accuracy (in the case of slow turrets like Tigers this is actually the opposite).
If so, then what happens is that when that panzerschreck is fired at closer range, the Sherman suffers more damage, and the option of running over infantry carries great risk. It would also help make bazookas more effective because their main benefit is distance in firepower rather than volume and the hope that the tank isn't moving. Bazookas are innacruate yes, but if distance not only increases odds of a hit but also damage potential, then it pays to advance that Rifleman squad to shoot up that Panther at close range.

With such a feature in place, running over infantry would actually be a tactically viable option at times, particularly against infantry that can't fight back, ie engineers.
3 Nov 2014, 13:16 PM
Benefactor 115

distance to target does only affect penetration, not damage
3 Nov 2014, 13:19 PM

Is it just me, or is it much easier to crush with Allied tanks? Especially Wolverine. Very hard to get crush with Pz4 or Panther unless you are blitzing, mostly due to squad size and how units bunch but still, I find it much easier to punish an axis blob with crushing than Allied blobbing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★